• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
YuriLowell said:
Hrmmm.

Is AvP worth 10 bucks, and is the PC port of Dead Space any good?

The PC port of Dead space is awesome. There is a mouse issue that's related to vsync but there is an easy fix IIRC.

I played through the whole game on PC and it's flawless. Looks great, runs great.

gregor7777 said:
The PC port of Dead space is awesome. There is a mouse issue that's related to vsync but there is an easy fix IIRC.

I played through the whole game on PC and it's flawless. Looks great, runs great.

How is the 360 controller support. Big Comfy couch and all that.

confused

Banned
YuriLowell said:
Hrmmm.

I bought AvP for 10 at retail and got my money's worth. Be warned that the campaign last about 6 hours.

Dead space PC is the definitive version. 360 pad support integrated :)

Salaadin

Halloween sale? I wasnt on Steam yet Halloween last year. Do they add more games throughout? I really want Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. That seems like the type thatd pop up during Halloween.

.nimrod

I already posted in the Steam gifting thread, but nobody seems to read it so i'll try it again in here

Since Left 4 Dead 1+2 are on sale again, I'd love to have someone from the US (preferrably not a lurker) gift me 2 copies of the bundle including both games for $14.99 each.
I will pay via paypal then.

I can also gift you Portal and HL Episode One if you don't have it already in return for your effort :)

I'm in Germany, so i can only buy the shitty censored versions myself :'(

EDIT: Got it :D

7EKYx.png

WORTH IT

Ah, Ghost Master. That takes me back. Has a lot of problems but it's easy to see past them if you like that hands-off "Dungeon Keeper" style. Especially since the pickings in the genre are so few.

Zombie Driver is a fun little isometric shooter...and there's a demo if you haven't tried it yet.

I would really like to pick up the Haunted House remake. Has anybody tried it? I'm looking for something pretty tame to play with my 3 y/o this weekend and that seems to fit the bill. I know Dead Space is the better buy but it'll just sit in my backlog till the Christmas sale anyway.

Darklord

Banned
YuriLowell said:

AVP: No, it's shit and I loved AvP2.

Dead Space: Yes, it looks and runs great. Some people freak over the controls but I felt the sluggish feel suited the game. You might want to use a controller.

Are these considered the pre-holiday sales ?

Or are we still getting one soon like last year (around November)?
I'm talking about ones with daily deals.

Curufinwe

Steam's great and all, but it would be nice if the search the store text would automatically disappear when you click on it.

I really hope Chaos Rising goes on sale soon, although it doesn't have to be Steam, I can buy it from anywhere. I bought Dawn of War 2 for $15 from D2D in April and just entered the code in Steam and started downloading.

Zachack

Will get Amnesia but either have or have played the bigger titles on sale... so sell me on everything else, GAF, because most of the list looks mediocre.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zachack said:
Will get Amnesia but either have or have played the bigger titles on sale... so sell me on everything else, GAF, because most of the list looks mediocre.

Overlord is kind of... Pikmin meets Fable. If that seems like a good idea to you, I think you'd like the games. They're not OMGBESTGAMEEVER good, but I liked them.

EviLore said:
Sale looks pretty significant, may merit a separate thread.

Anything which promotes Amnesia, GOTY in all rational minds, sales is significant.

Also, I'm thinking there could be some overhang from these bundles that would make for excellent early GAF christmas gifts, I'll end up with a spare copy of l4d and overlord 2 if I end up biting on some of this.

Zachack

Stumpokapow said:
Overlord is kind of... Pikmin meets Fable. If that seems like a good idea to you, I think you'd like the games. They're not OMGBESTGAMEEVER good, but I liked them.
I viewed Overlord as a "bigger" title, and bought the pack over a year ago when it was on sale (played and beat Overlord 1 on 360). Have yet to install it.

Was kinda hoping Penumbra Gold would be on sale. I'm not sure why I never bought it, although I'm betting it'll be on sale during the xmas bonanza.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
VGChampion said:
Any people still playing Frontlines? Seems like it was one of those FPS' that went the way of the dodo fairly quickly.
Frontlines has a pretty enjoyable multiplayer mode, but it had tons of technical problems at launch, especially on Vista and W7 PCs. Most of them have since been patched. But first impressions, you know. But it's worth $3 duckets even if you only play it once. It's basically Battlefield: Desert Combat 2.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Volcynika said:
PC port is pretty good (in my opinion) and has exclusive stuff like "fight a fuckton of enemies"
MT Framework is PC native and Capcom put a lot of effort into post release features, so it's basically the definitive version of the game. Runs at 60+fps max'd out 1080p even on my aging AGP PC.

Mr_Zombie

Salaadin said:
Its tempting. Is the PC version good and does it run well?
It's great. Runs great, looks great, controls great (it is possible to play it on keyboard, but controller is a lot better).
Buy it now! :D

RedSwirl said:
At $3, Frontlines: Fuel of War isn't really a question of whether it's worth the money, but is it worth my time?

The online seems to have always been dead. Really a shame because the game is much better than the Bad Company games.

$3 isn't bad for the campaign.

RedSwirl said:
At $3, Frontlines: Fuel of War isn't really a question of whether it's worth the money, but is it worth my time?
I thought the campaign was horribly boring and generic. Good thing it's over very fast. I vote not worth it.

1-D_FTW

SapientWolf said:
Frontlines has a pretty enjoyable multiplayer mode, but it had tons of technical problems at launch, especially on Vista and W7 PCs. Most of them have since been patched. But first impressions, you know. But it's worth $3 duckets even if you only play it once. It's basically Battlefield: Desert Combat 2.

Which is why I originally anticipated it. Then I either played the demo or beta (glorified demo) and was left completely cold.

Seems to be conflicting evidence as to whether or not there are any active servers or not. Guess I'll sit on the fence. It's only 2.99, but if it's worthless, it's too much.

Holy Smokes at Metro 2033! WOW!

Metro looks ridiculous in motion. The screenshots don't make it justice at all, and I was just running it at "Very High" DX10. The framerate hovered in the mid 20 fps, and I can't even think how insane it must look with DX11.

A friend of mine bought it for 360 and showed me how the game looks on a 1080p HDTV, but it doesn't compare to the pc version, and I was only at 1440x900 resolution.

coopolon

RedSwirl said:

I got this as part of the THQ pack a long time ago and just recently tried playing it earlier this year. It is completely broken on dual core Windows 7 machines. Like unplayable framerates no matter the resolution or settings you chose. So keep that in mind.

wind_steaker said:
is Bioshock PC good? also does it support a 360 controller?
Yes, GOTY 2007. And supports the controller very well (unlike the sequel, grrrr).

Bioshock was one of the few games that got me to play through it again.

Red Faction 1 doesn't work.. I had it working last night with Pure Faction, but I tried to play the SP today and it couldn't load the level or something..

Javaman

Even if MP has disappeared, frontlines as is fun as hell in singleplayer, although very short. I highly recommend it for the $3 price.

Joe Molotov

Tommy Tronic purports to be fun for the entire family, and in the first level I had to find booze for a drunkard so that he'd drink it and pass out and I jump on his bloated belly. :lol Game sucks hard too btw, I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom