• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
epmode said:
Winter Voices seems interesting. Independent RPG(!)

I'm wary of the episodic bit but it looks turn based omg? $5! Screenshot!

I just saw this and came here to look for info, heh. I've never heard of it but I love the art style and am in an RPG mood, sooooo ... I think I can part with $5.

Downloading now. Let's see what's up.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
epmode said:
Winter Voices seems interesting. Independent RPG(!)

I'm wary of the episodic bit but it looks turn based omg? $5! Screenshot!

GuiltybyAssociation said:
I just saw this and came here to look for info, heh. I've never heard of it but I love the art style and am in an RPG mood, sooooo ... I think I can part with $5.

Downloading now. Let's see what's up.

Impressions would be very appreciated :) Thanks in advance.

Blizzard

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
She likes the way it's pullin' while we're tillin' up the land
She's even kind of crazy 'bout my farmer's tan
She's the only one who really understands what gets me....

header_292x136.jpg

She thinks my tractor's sexy
Darnit, I just bought Railworks 2, and now this?! I'm gonna go broke once all the tilling and mowing attachments come out. :(

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
So i decided against buying DoW2. If the thq pack goes on sale and has both dow1 and dow2 i'll pick it up then. Otherwise i'll wait for the winter sale and probably just get the thq pack then.

Curufinwe

I just bought Chaos Rising for $9.99 and the download was only 1 MB. I didn't realize all the files for it were already contained in Dawn of War II.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That RPS review is fairly accurate, although I still kind of like the game. Winter Voices is peculiar. And slow. I'm not bothered by that, but patience is an absolute must here. I can easily see people loathing this. Even walking around town takes forever and a day.

ArjanN

Curufinwe said:
I just bought Chaos Rising for $9.99 and the download was only 1 MB. I didn't realize all the files for it were already contained in Dawn of War II.

They patched the original DoWII to have the Chaos Rising content.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Duxxy3 said:
I can't stop myself from buying games on steams, i'm up to 70 titles

it's an addiction!

Yes it is. PC Gaming is dead my ass.
And I love my consoles. All of them

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh Winter Voices. I've been waiting for more games to materialize or anthropomorphize things like emotions or psychological concepts in order to tell a story. Its just sad it seems to be suffering from bad design decisions.

Joe Molotov

Winter Voices is a good buy for gamers who found Braid too unpretentious. There was like a thousand lines of dialogue (monologue) in the first 15 minutes and it was all about shadows and whispers and light and some other stuff that I skipped.

ZZMitch

Ended up buying Frontlines... I used to have it on consoles and played it a few times. I can't wait to give it a try when my new PC is finally working properly!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Bloody Good Time is awesome. From what I have read of The Ship, it's pretty much the exact same thing only streamlined a bit. The art looks gorgeous and the game runs great. It also made me realize that Ubisoft took The Ship concept and used it in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

I'm really looking forward to getting in a play session with my buddies, but even without that the game is a no-brainer at 4.50$.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Bloody Good Time looks fun and I dig the artstyle, but what sets it apart from other online shooters? Gameplay-wise I mean.

gotee12

My first gaming PC is not even 24 hours old yet and I've already been bitten by the Steam bug. Bought the Stalker Bundle.

When it comes to mods, do I have to apply them via Steam somehow for Steam purchased games or do I just apply mods directly to the install on my PC? I've seen it suggested to play the first Stalker with the "Complete mod"...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Easy_D said:
Bloody Good Time looks fun and I dig the artstyle, but what sets it apart from other online shooters? Gameplay-wise I mean.
It's not mindless generic shit. Basically the main mode gives everyone a target and they have to take out that target while avoiding being taken out. There are AI guards that patrol levels that will chase you and tazer you if you attack in their view and they remove all the weapons you picked up. Spread through out the map are various weapons and killing aids, like invisibility, speed, etc, as well as traps that you can trigger. Killing implements have star ratings which are pretty much points. So if you kill your target in a trap, you get 5 stars where as if you kill them with a gun you only get 2. You lose stars for killing non-target people so you have to be careful.

That's the only mode I have played so far though.

Stallion Free said:
Killing implements have star ratings which are pretty much points. So if you kill your target in a trap, you get 5 stars where as if you kill them with a gun you only get 2. You lose stars for killing non-target people so you have to be careful.
Just to add to this a bit, Traps are always 5 stars, while the scores for the weapons you carry are based off of what the least used currently is. So every round something isn't used by anyone for a kill, then the stars go up.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Stallion Free said:
It's not mindless generic shit. Basically the main mode gives everyone a target and they have to take out that target while avoiding being taken out. There are AI guards that patrol levels that will chase you and tazer you if you attack in their view and they remove all the weapons you picked up. Spread through out the map are various weapons and killing aids, like invisibility, speed, etc, as well as traps that you can trigger. Killing implements have star ratings which are pretty much points. So if you kill your target in a trap, you get 5 stars where as if you kill them with a gun you only get 2. You lose stars for killing non-target people so you have to be careful.

That's the only mode I have played so far though.
That sounds awesome. I thought you just had a bunch of players in an arena with weapons killing eachother.

+1 sold.

Edit: The fact that it's crazy cheap helped motivate me as well :D

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
gotee12 said:
My first gaming PC is not even 24 hours old yet and I've already been bitten by the Steam bug. Bought the Stalker Bundle.

When it comes to mods, do I have to apply them via Steam somehow for Steam purchased games or do I just apply mods directly to the install on my PC? I've seen it suggested to play the first Stalker with the "Complete mod"...

The process for modding steam games very rarely differs from the standard methods. Just get the mod and install it as per the included instructions.

Just got done with some Bloody Good Time, really fun but wish they didn't take out the jail like in The Ship. Otherwise a really fun game on it's own and it has a ton of modes. If anyone wants to play some games let me know.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
toasty_T said:
Does Bloody Good Time have a single player component? From the 2 videos all I've gathered is that it's TF2 with slasher movie tropes.
It's nothing like that at all. Something really stinks about how this game is being released and marketed and I suspect the developer is contractually obligated to keep his mouth shut about it.

toasty_T said:
Does Bloody Good Time have a single player component? From the 2 videos all I've gathered is that it's TF2 with slasher movie tropes.

No single player except a bot mode and as said before it's nothing like TF2.

Why has Steam been acting like shit lately? I can't install any games because of "busy servers." Even at 4 in the morning they're busy. What a crock of shit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
ChoklitReign said:
Why has Steam been acting like shit lately? I can't install any games because of "busy servers." Even at 4 in the morning they're busy. What a crock of shit.

Happens when there is a massive sale sometimes.

ChoklitReign said:
Big sales and TF2 Halloween edition, I'd guess.

nyong

Banned
Demigod Mac said:
Is the Gold content any good?

This is relevant to my interests as well.

I did cave and buy Alien vs. Predator, despite beating it on the PS3 already. The benchmark graphics wowed the hell out of me...and I enjoyed the single-player game enough to run through it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom