• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

19Kilo

Joe Molotov said:
ToW Collection for $11.25. Boughten.

What the hell, Steam? This was not available when I bought 3 of the 4 titles in that pack for $15 less than an hour before your post >:-(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So how is ToW? I think I decided to not buy them last time they were on sale due to not scoring or looking that great.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Drkirby said:
So how is ToW? I think I decided to not buy them last time they were on sale due to not scoring or looking that great.

Not scoring great? ToW 2 has a whopping 1 review on Gamerankings. :lol

Never look to the press for hardcore games, it's a waste of time.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sinatar said:
Not scoring great? ToW 2 has a whopping 1 review on Gamerankings. :lol

Never look to the press for hardcore games, it's a waste of time.
Would you mind elaborating on your opinion of the game? What do you like about it? What makes it different from other games in the genre?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm not going to bite on B.T.Beat again at that price, but if they eventually release a pack of all six for like thirty bucks then I'll definitely grab it. That's a long way off though, since 5 just came out on Wii.

and I can't play it yet, arghhhh

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
A new Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers Update has been released:
4,99$ / 3,99€
Take on Magic's troubled Planeswalker Sarkhan the Mad, one of the new opponents featured in the third Duels of the Planeswalkers expansion. Plus, three new playable decks; three new unlockable cards for each of the fourteen previously released decks, three new achievements, four new two-headed local co-op levels, and five new puzzling challenges. Put your spell-slinging skills to the test and defeat the new single-player campaign to unlock Sorin Markov’s “Master of Shadows” Planeswalker deck!

Am I missing something? I bought it, got the confirmation email and all... but it doesnt show up ingame. Neither the new achievements, the new cards, new campaign or new decks. Nothing.
Anyone had the same problem?

Edit:
Just checked the steam forums. Game update can be bought but they forgot to trigger/upload the new content... Sigh. Hopefully solving this issue wont take too long.

I just logged on to Steam and I saw the deal for Trine. Gaf was flipping it's shit over this game back when it was twenty so I'm aware that it's a steal at this price.

I was actually curious about a couple of other items. Does anyone have any experience with the Sega genesis classic pack or the game Winter Voices?

I'd like to know if the genesis pack is actually well done and whether or not winter voices is any good.

Thanks

webrunner

Toma said:
4,99$ / 3,99€

Am I missing something? I bought it, got the confirmation email and all... but it doesnt show up ingame. Neither the new achievements, the new cards, new campaign or new decks. Nothing.

Edit:
Just checked the steam forums. Game update can be bought but they forgot to trigger/upload the new content... Sigh. Hopefully solving this issue wont take too long.

It's wierd how duels always seems to be an expansion behind (Sarkhan the Mad was in Rise of the Eldrazi, current storyline focuses on Koth, Elspeth, Venser (incidentally, bout time this guy got a neo-walker card considering he was the first neo-walker) and probably Tezzeret and Karn)

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga comes out in a couple of days. I remember trying the original Divinity II on X360 a while ago and thought it was all right. Is the PC version decent?

Toma

lastplayed said:
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga comes out in a couple of days. I remember trying the original Divinity II on X360 a while ago and thought it was all right. Is the PC version decent?

If I remember correctly the PC version had less technical problems than the 360 version. If you liked the 360 version there should be no problem for you as there was no disadvantage of playing the PC version. However, I have no clue what they changed/improved on Divinity II: TDKS

Toma

Toma said:
4,99$ / 3,99€

Edit:

Working now. Download just finished.

Toma said:
If I remember correctly the PC version had less technical problems than the 360 version. If you liked the 360 version there should be no problem for you as there was no disadvantage of playing the PC version. However, I have no clue what they changed/improved on Divinity II: TDKS

Cool thanks. The description mentions two complete adventures and "includes the complete and re-mastered adventure Ego Draconis, and the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance". Looks like it might be worth checking out.

Toma

lastplayed said:
Cool thanks. The description mentions two complete adventures and "includes the complete and re-mastered adventure Ego Draconis, and the brand new adventure Flames of Vengeance". Looks like it might be worth checking out.

You got me there. I cant look for it right now as my Internet is slow as hell. Anyone got more info on what they changed/improved on the main game?

Toma said:
You got me there. I cant look for it right now as my Internet is slow as hell. Anyone got more info on what they changed/improved on the main game?

Found something from here: http://www.divinity2-saga.com/index.php?rub=thegame

This incredible RPG includes the entirely remastered and improved version of Ego Draconis, the original adventure of the Divinity II saga. The content of this edition as well as its graphic engine have both been much improved and overhauled, in order to provide a more beautiful and richer game experience!

It has some screenshots but I never saw the original version on PC.

Toma

lastplayed said:
Found something from here: http://www.divinity2-saga.com/index.php?rub=thegame

It has some screenshots but I never saw the original version on PC.

Thanks. Much appreciated. Well, the graphics were quite nice already. Even though there wre less problems on PC, bugs were still a major "feature" of the game. I hope they also worked on that. Actually I hope they also concentrated on these things. And polished some bugged quests and whatever else was missing.

On another note. I was thinking about picking up Drakensang for 9,99€. Anyone played it? Seems to be fair price and quite a good game from what I read.

Toma

Lostconfused said:
The new search for gaf does kinda suck but its not that bad. Here you go, official thread.

Thanks. Also seems like its a better game than Divinity II (at least the non-remastered version). Need to check it out as soon as I find the time, but eh... I probably should wait for the holiday sales if I am not playing at the moment anyway.

Asparagus said:
Bit.Trip Beat works great with the mouse but sitting so close to the monitor really fucks with your eyes.

Seriously, I can't handle playing for too long because of that. I've pushed my monitor as far back on my desk as I can, but my eyes still go crazy.

But still, I love the game. Bit.Trip Beat is like taking acid and then playing pong.

ZZMitch

I just got my gamign pc up and running and have begun to install all my games, but one of them (CSS) is stuck at "download starting" and when ever I try pause/resume the download steam freezes. Anyone know what's up with that?

Also, it is taking a shit long time to prepare files to install for some of these games. I dont remember it taking that long before! :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ZZMitch said:
I just got my gamign pc up and running and have begun to install all my games, but one of them (CSS) is stuck at "download starting" and when ever I try pause/resume the download steam freezes. Anyone know what's up with that?

Also, it is taking a shit long time to prepare files to install for some of these games. I dont remember it taking that long before! :D
Don't try to start too many at once.

ZZMitch

Stallion Free said:
Don't try to start too many at once.

I didn't. I was doing one at a time. This one has been stuck at download starting, however.

edit- I reinstalled steam and that seemed to fix the issue.

Moobabe

Anyone know what time we can start downloading Shattered Horizon for the free weekend? I read somewhere that it was going to be sometime tonight

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Toma said:
Would you mind elaborating on your opinion of the game? What do you like about it? What makes it different from other games in the genre?

I've never played it, just commenting on the "not scoring" great comment on a game with one review.

One place I go for my wargaming info is Armchair General and they have a pretty good write up of ToW 2.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Quick question. I'm jonsing for a strategy game, but looking at the ones available on Steam I realize I have no idea what's crap or not.

Any recommendations? Deep, but accessible would be great, and bonus points for fantasy setting (though this is very flexible).

Thanks

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
WanderingWind said:
Quick question. I'm jonsing for a strategy game, but looking at the ones available on Steam I realize I have no idea what's crap or not.

Any recommendations? Deep, but accessible would be great, and bonus points for fantasy setting (though this is very flexible).

Thanks

Strategy like The Settlers strategy? Strategy like Civ 5 strategy? Strategy like King's Bounty strategy?

What kind of strategy are you looking for?

Smash88

Banned
ZZMitch said:
I didn't. I was doing one at a time. This one has been stuck at download starting, however.

edit- I reinstalled steam and that seemed to fix the issue.

Next time try deleting the clientregistry.blob file, works wonders.

WanderingWind said:
Is there anything like Commandos, Fallout Tactics or even a Tactics Ogre/FF Tactics clone?
You could try Jagged Alliance or Men of War. Theatre of War is on sale right now. The latter two are real-time.

why do i even click this damn thread everytime. I come in, just to casually see what sales they got nooooow.....and of course I buy another game. One that I'll never get too!!! damn you guys, hahaha

TrAcEr_x90 said:
why do i even click this damn thread everytime. I come in, just to casually see what sales they got nooooow.....and of course I buy another game. One that I'll never get too!!! damn you guys, hahaha
All it takes is 1 person to say "Yeah, that game is good" . . . and I end up buying it.

But I know I'm not the only pathetic person . . .

Hey, Poker night at the inventory now gives your a free hat for Team Fortress 2!

Today
Drkirby now owns Theatre of War, Theatre of War: Editor, Poker Night.
fallengorn now owns Poker Night.
Gibbed Gaming hosted Server is updated fokes! Play TF2! 68.232.178.174:27015.
Yasae achieved Team Fortress 2: Costume Contest.
Salacious Crumb now owns Poker Night.
Drkirby and egallager are now friends.
Neogaf-TF2 hosted Go play some TF2.
Sysgen wants Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga (see wishlist).
Yeef now owns Poker Night.
Blizzard now owns Poker Night.
Garbage Day! now owns Poker Night.
Trouble achieved Team Fortress 2: Sackston Hale, Gored!.
crusading.monkey now owns Poker Night.
eznark achieved Fallout: New Vegas: Ain't That a Kick in the Head.
[GAF]Schmattakopf achieved Team Fortress 2: No Man's Land.
-HG- Rygaku added a comment to The WNxGES Public Group.
The WNxGES Public Group announces FREE CSS Pub Star Challenge $3k Prize ESEA.net/challenge
Xtreme Assault hosted Wednesday Warpath.
Boonoo now owns Poker Night.
Bunch of fucking junkies! :lol

speculawyer said:
All it takes is 1 person to say "Yeah, that game is good" . . . and I end up buying it.

But I know I'm not the only pathetic person . . .

Hey, Poker night at the inventory now gives your a free hat for Team Fortress 2!

Bunch of fucking junkies! :lol

Notice my name isn't on there! Valve doesn't have me by the balls!

Goes back to writing Gabe an email apologizing for not buying Poker Night while promising to do it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom