• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
So asides from Orange Box & L4D, what is good on steam for Mac users? Any recommendations?

I'm playing through Half Life 2, and i'm up to Episode 2, and i'm really liking it. Toying with Team Fortress 2 a bit, even though i'm horrible at it, and i'm looking for anything else that people might recommend.

colinp

Banned
Trine on Mac!!!! Wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

AND it is free for those who already bought the Windows version!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Magni

Everyone probably already has it by now, but I have a copy of Portal to gift from a code from gamescom I just found. PM if you want it =)

wsippel

Banned
POWERSPHERE said:
So asides from Orange Box & L4D, what is good on steam for Mac users? Any recommendations?

I'm playing through Half Life 2, and i'm up to Episode 2, and i'm really liking it. Toying with Team Fortress 2 a bit, even though i'm horrible at it, and i'm looking for anything else that people might recommend.
Torchlight, AI War and Trine. They all have demos I believe. Quite a few people seem to like Amnesia (I personally think the game sucks, but maybe that's just me), and that one has a demo as well, so you might want to try it.

poweld

MagniHarvald said:
Everyone probably already has it by now, but I have a copy of Portal to gift from a code from gamescom I just found. PM if you want it =)
five4_581745a.jpg

Thanks for hooking up my buddy! :D

Can't wait to see his mind melting due to excessive joy.

edit: crap. He has is, that fucking asshole, and hasn't played it. Excuse me, I'm berating him right now.

poweld

POWERSPHERE said:
Thanks for the recommendations, i'll check em out. Looking forward to a few more games getting over to the Mac side..
Also there's Civilization IV and its expansions! If you really need a game to sink time into... there you go.

POWERSPHERE said:

If you got the entire Orange Box, you should play Portal, which came with it. Besides what you've mentioned, I also liked Garry's Mod, which is basically a big toybox for everything Source Engine, And Yet It Moves, which is a cool platformer based around turning the world around you, Braid, which is a platformer in which you can rewind time, Machinarium, which is a beautiful point-and-click adventure, and World of Goo, which is a puzzle game about building structures out of goo balls. Most of them have demos. Actually, you should probably just go to Steam, do a blank search, and then select "demos" and "Mac", try all the demos and see what you like.

cooljeanius said:
If you got the entire Orange Box, you should play Portal, which came with it. Besides what you've mentioned, I also liked Garry's Mod, which is basically a big toybox for everything Source Engine, And Yet It Moves, which is a cool platformer based around turning the world around you, Braid, which is a platformer in which you can rewind time, Machinarium, which is a beautiful point-and-click adventure, and World of Goo, which is a puzzle game about building structures out of goo balls. Most of them have demos. Actually, you should probably just go to Steam, do a blank search, and then select "demos" and "Mac", try all the demos and see what you like.

Yeah, played thru Portal on xbox and when I ran steam via bootcamp. Garrys Mod looks pretty cool too. Thanks.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
POWERSPHERE said:

DRAGON AGE.

It's the best game available on Mac, after HL2.

POWERSPHERE said:

Europa Universalus 3!

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Dragon Age isn't on Steam for Mac.
I hate that, when games are available on Mac, and are also available on Steam, but the Mac version isn't on Steam yet. Assassin's Creed II and Bioshock are like that, for example, as are a few others. I mean, the developer obviously know how to make Mac games, as there's a Mac version, and knows how to make Steam games, as there's a Steam version, so you'd think they'd know how to put their Mac version up on Steam...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
speculawyer said:
All it takes is 1 person to say "Yeah, that game is good" . . . and I end up buying it.

But I know I'm not the only pathetic person . . .

Hey, Poker night at the inventory now gives your a free hat for Team Fortress 2!

Bunch of fucking junkies! :lol
Spec, buy the first Theatre of War so I can have mutliplayer funs.

Since the whole 1C war pack was on sale during the summer, I am also hoping it will go on sale again in Winter, and can use the first game to judge if I should buy the rest of the series or not.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Dragon Age isn't on Steam for Mac.
Oh, I swear someone told me it was. Disappointing.

Regardless, Mac users owe it to themselves to own it.

Is there any gameplay of Poker Night out there yet? I'm not a big poker fan but it could be funny and I wouldn't mind the hats. I guess I could load up that Tell Tale Texas Hold Em that came in the pack but....meh. :lol

poweld

Lyphen said:
Positive it will be later this month.
Positive I love you for telling me this.

I wonder if my Mac Mini (latest refresh, 4GB ram) would be able to run this at the lowest settings? I usually only have that on due to power consumption, and this seems like the perfect game to have in the background when I feel like taking a turn :D

POWERSPHERE said:

Plants v. Zombies
Monkey Island adventures
Peggle Nights
All the Valve Source games
Osmos
Toki Tori
Civilization IV
Braid
Machinarium if you like adventures.

-------------------

Weekend sale . . . the GTA 3 series and earlier for 75% office. Highly recommended buy you probably already have them.

speculawyer said:
Plants v. Zombies
Monkey Island adventures
Peggle Nights
All the Valve Source games
Osmos
Toki Tori
Civilization IV
Braid
Machinarium if you like videogames.

-------------------

Weekend sale . . . the GTA 3 series and earlier for 75% office. Highly recommended buy you probably already have them.

Fixed. ;)

Cru Jones

poweld said:
Positive I love you for telling me this.

I wonder if my Mac Mini (latest refresh, 4GB ram) would be able to run this at the lowest settings? I usually only have that on due to power consumption, and this seems like the perfect game to have in the background when I feel like taking a turn :D

Not the best idea, the game is a CPU hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom