• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

poweld said:
Positive I love you for telling me this.

I wonder if my Mac Mini (latest refresh, 4GB ram) would be able to run this at the lowest settings? I usually only have that on due to power consumption, and this seems like the perfect game to have in the background when I feel like taking a turn :D
I used to play it on my late 2009 Mac Mini (2.53ghz), and it ran ok on lowest settings.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Drkirby said:
I may get GTA 3.

One thing to note, GTA 1 and 2 were made free from rockstar years ago.
One thing to note, you can't actually buy them from Steam, they only come as a bonus for the pack. No money can be transferred to anyone for these games specifically.

Update.

November 4, 2010 - Steam client update released

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

Steam

• Updating store pages to show stats and launch options for games you own.
  • Updated Speex and JPEG libraries
  • Fixed a memory leak when toggling the game viewed in the details view
  • Fixed a crash when receiving and merging updated data for stats/achievements in some situations
  • Fixed sometimes failing to fully recognize a game as exited for certain launcher app setups
  • Fixed navigating to game guides in the store
  • Fixed Steam Cloud bug where users who converted from the demo to the full version of Everyday Genius: SquareLogic, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, or Jolly Rover would have their progress reverted to the progress they made in the demo while opted into the beta
  • Fixed community chat bug
  • Fixed displaying Steam Service dialog under OSX
  • Fixed a couple rare crashes and added more instrumentation around potential memory corruption
  • Fixed Steam API logging
  • Improve tooltips support under OSX
  • Added installer support under OSX for an upcoming game release

Moobabe

The M.O.B said:
I highly encourage everyone to try out Lead & Gold!

Its a great game, but lacking players :(

I'll be trying out both with a view to purchasing SH for sure. I'll keep an open mind about Lead and Gold though - I've played it before but the lack of players really kills it.

MoFuzz

Moobabe said:
I'll be trying out both with a view to purchasing SH for sure. I'll keep an open mind about Lead and Gold though - I've played it before but the lack of players really kills it.
It's funny that you should say that because Shattered Horizon typically has one active server of about 6 to 10 people at any given point in time.

stuminus3

ismaboof said:
Is the Steam version of San Andreas moddable?
As far as I'm aware you don't even need Steam running to launch the "classic" GTA games (you can run the exe files directly from the steamapps folder), so probably.

Sye d'Burns

poweld said:
Positive I love you for telling me this.

I wonder if my Mac Mini (latest refresh, 4GB ram) would be able to run this at the lowest settings? I usually only have that on due to power consumption, and this seems like the perfect game to have in the background when I feel like taking a turn :D

Oooh, someone else with the latest mini. We should compare notes!

Moobabe

MoFuzz said:
It's funny that you should say that because Shattered Horizon typically has one active server of about 6 to 10 people at any given point in time.

I played it on my friends PC the last time a free weekend rolled around but there was no way my pc could handle it. This time though - it's mine. I just hope that other people do as well.

JADS

ismaboof said:
Is the Steam version of San Andreas moddable?

No, modding support was disabled after the whole hot coffee "mod". For some bizarre reason the steam version also doesn't support widescreen resolutions. The original retail version did. Both can be enabled again by:
1. Downloading a NOCD crack for version 1.0.
2. Overwrite your gta_sa steam version with it.
3. Have fun with mods and widescreen support.

Why doesn't the steam pack include GTA London 1969 and 1961? I know that they did poorly at retail, but GTA1 and 2 are free. So why not include both of them :D

BioHazard

What is the Lead & Gold and Shatter Horizons weekend thing people are talking about? I don't see it, is it Europe only or something?

Nabs

:lol damn supreme commander 2 is cheap as hell @ $5 bucks

SC2_spotlight_306x270.jpg

and yet i still don't want it

Leunam

JADS said:
No, modding support was disabled after the whole hot coffee "mod". For some bizarre reason the steam version also doesn't support widescreen resolutions. The original retail version did. Both can be enabled again by:
1. Downloading a NOCD crack for version 1.0.
2. Overwrite your gta_sa steam version with it.
3. Have fun with mods and widescreen support.

Why doesn't the steam pack include GTA London 1969 and 1961? I know that they did poorly at retail, but GTA1 and 2 are free. So why not include both of them :D

Oh my god thank you so much for this. I've been wanting to play MTA for so long.

MoFuzz

Nabs said:

Yeah dude, strategy games all got put on notice as soon as that other RTS came out in the summer.

ZZMitch

Is there anyway to keep Steam from pausing the downloads of games whenever my PC goes into sleep mode?

It is getting very annoying.

MoFuzz

ZZMitch said:
Is there anyway to keep Steam from pausing the downloads of games whenever my PC goes into sleep mode?

It is getting very annoying.
I'm not sure you realize how sleep mode works...

That is, unless you meant to ask "How do I prevent my PC from going into sleep mode when I have Steam downloads going?"

ZZMitch

MoFuzz said:
I'm not sure you realize how sleep mode works...

That is, unless you meant to ask "How do I prevent my PC from going into sleep mode when I have Steam downloads going?"

Yeah, that's what I meant, I worded it wrong.

Lothars

Nabs said:

It's a great game, If your interested in it I would recommend to pick it up.

I am gonna pick up the DLC for it.

MoFuzz

ZZMitch said:
Yeah, that's what I meant, I worded it wrong.
Haha, fair enough. At least we get a chuckle out of it this way.

Are you running Windows 7? It should be in the power options section of your control panel. You'll see tons of settings there like turn off hard drives or go into sleep mode after 30 minutes of inactivity. Make sure all that crap is disabled and you'll be fine.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
bought gta pack for gta1/2 even though i know they're both available for free somewhere out there.

i've never actually played vanilla gta3, just vc and sa, so this could be neat anyway

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lmao, the only thing that can beat paying 5$ for TF2 items (Poker Night) is the new Call of Duty at 60$. Fuck Steam shows some amazing things about their community.

MoFuzz said:
Yeah dude, strategy games all got put on notice as soon as that other RTS came out in the summer.
Regardless, I've heard it's been heavily dumbed down so it could be ported to 360 easily from the beginning.

Moobabe

Shattered Horizon and Lead & Gold are now on offer! £10 for both isn't too bad at all. No sign of the free weekend yet though

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
darkpaladinmfc said:
Regardless, I've heard it's been heavily dumbed down so it could be ported to 360 easily from the beginning.
I heard SupCom 1 fans use this argument to justify denigrating a game that they never bothered to put any time or effort into. It's not the SupCom sequel everyone wanted but it's far from "dumbed down."

Gas Powered has done a great job of post release support and at $5 it's easily one of the best RTS values out there.

Stallion Free said:
Lmao, the only thing that can beat paying 5$ for TF2 items (Poker Night) is the new Call of Duty at 60$. Fuck Steam shows some amazing things about their community.

Did you buy CoD:BO? If so, you're part of the problem!

But so am I :(

Lothars

Stallion Free said:

I was planning to buy Poker Night with out the TF2 items, the items are just a bonus.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So is bit.trip beat really that good? I love games like Rez and play a lotta old school shit, but Audiosurf bores me to tears...

I'd really like to have something good to play.

SapientWolf said:
I heard SupCom 1 fans use this argument to justify denigrating a game that they never bothered to put any time or effort into. It's not the SupCom sequel everyone wanted but it's far from "dumbed down."

Gas Powered has done a great job of post release support and at $5 it's easily one of the best RTS values out there.
Yeah, it's a really fun, polished game in its own right.

Still don't know if I'm going to bother buying the DLC, though, as I don't really see myself ever getting into MP at this point.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
FlyinJ said:
Supreme Commander 2 is on sale for $5.10

Several reviews advise taking the first one over the second due to having more depth and a few other things. Anyone has some thoughts on that? I would probably pick up only one of the two.

Saw the posts above me too late, but the question stands: If only picking up one, Sup1 or Sup2?

MoFuzz

Lothars said:
I was planning to buy Poker Night with out the TF2 items, the items are just a bonus.
You need to come clean if you want to have any hope of dealing with your issues.

We're all friends here.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Moobabe said:
Woah - SupCom 2 is $5.10? It's £5.10 here :(

Yeah and 8,50€ in Germany.. Which is about what? 7 Pounds? :( For 5$ I would probably pick it up without thinking about Sup1.

Toma

Moobabe said:
Something like that :S At least I'm better off in the knowledge that someone, somewhere, has it worse than I do :D

Muy bien! Good thing I could save your day. :lol
Now I only need to find someone who needs to pay more than I do. Where are the australians when you need them?!

szaromir

Banned
Toma said:
Yeah and 8,50€ in Germany.. Which is about what? 7 Pounds? :( For 5$ I would probably pick it up without thinking about Sup1.
I don't get why continental Europe always gets the shorter end of the stick on Steam.
Luckily none of this weekend's offers interest me, I already bought 4 games on the service within last week.

Moobabe

Toma said:
Muy bien! Good thing I could save your day. :lol
Now I only need to find someone who needs to pay more than I do. Where are the australians when you need them?!

Aren't they asleep or something? Those crazy bastards, I never know what they're up to on that side of the planet

Toma

Moobabe said:
Aren't they asleep or something? Those crazy bastards, I never know what they're up to on that side of the planet

10:30 AM in Sydney. I just need to sit here and wait until one of them shows up..

Joe Molotov

MoFuzz said:
You need to come clean if you want to have any hope of dealing with your issues.

We're all friends here.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. The second step is to decide that you're okay with having a problem, and then buy more Steam games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom