• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRORANGE said:
I think the Christmas mulit-packs were listed a few days before the sale went live to everyone during Christmas.
Yeah, it was a few days. Unless all the packs are the same price with the same content, I don't see this sale happening for at least a week.

Not taking into account that there could be no packs at all. In which case the sale could start right now!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PaulLFC said:
Looks like Virtua Tennis 4 is on the way, along with some more Killing Floor DLC:

lKINg.png
Odd, I thought I said that before.

With it already having the billing type "Bill only once", it may be coming really soon.

Edit:
Oh, looks like Gods and Heroes, a MMO that should come out Today according to Wikipedia, is going to go up on Steam.

amrod said:
Daily Deal

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack
$1.25 USD
Yay! I've been wanting to get those, even though the demo for the second one spoiled the first game's ending. At least I think it did, it was so long ago that I think I forgot the actual spoiler! Yay!

Sanic

Would anybody know why I get a windows error saying "HL2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" after I quit out of TF2? It doesn't occur for any other source games, and it's only started to do this recently, some time in the last month or so.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
amrod said:
Daily Deal

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack
$1.25 USD

75pence in the UK.

So silly It's not even worth considering if it's worth it, heh. Bought.

Derrick01

Banned
Every time these damn banners start loading I get really excited, only to see "Fear 3 now available" :(

But no midweek sale is nice. We're getting close people!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Des0lar said:
if you could double dip on Steam, I would!
You can do what I'm going to do, which is gift it to a friend.

You help the developers get some money out of it (as little as it is with a sale) and somebody else gets an awesome game.

To feel extra good about it, gift to somebody that's either too young to have a credit card/paypal account or can't for some reason. Like, for somebody that doesn't have Steam.

IrishNinja

i like adventure games, but the demo for time gentlemen! didnt really interest me.

convince me to give up a snickers bar this week, GAF.

Gloomfire said:
So, where are we at now on our confidence scale that the Summer Sale is coming this week? I'm at a cool 86%.
74.5%

No Weekly deal shot me up from 48.9%.

33% Chance it happens this Wednesday. 44% chance it happens on Friday.

76% chance it happens this Thursday.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DoctorWho said:
74.5%

No Weekly deal shot me up from 48.9%.

33% Chance it happens this Wednesday. 44% chance it happens on Wednesday.

I'm reaching 0% GOD DAMNIT!

1-D_FTW

I say it begins on Friday.

Can't see it happening on Thursday (or even Wed) since the massive TF2 update is coming then.

Don't see it starting on the weekend either? Could it start on Monday? Possibly. But that's really cutting it short if you want to end it on the 4th.

Friday or bust. I'm positively 8 percent certain on this.

gdt

Added $80 to my steam wallet, will add more if something really crazy pops up. Now to pay a bill or two and see what's left :p.

scitek

gdt5016 said:
Trying to decide how much money to put in my wallet...$60? $80? Never had a steam sale, so I figure I'll be spending a good bit.

I like going with $60 so I can compare how much I get during the sale to the price of a single game at retail.

MNC

animlboogy said:
It's less about the money, more about cluttering up my backlog with more games I think I'll eventually get to...

is today's daily worth playing? Not is it worth a snickers bar or whatever, is it worth the time it takes to finish them?
Apparently the games are really fun and tongue in cheek.

I have yet to start them. (backlog) :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm at least 95% sure the sale starts this week because of the lack of a midweek madness.

I can't think of any other real reason why there wouldn't be a sale.

Such a great year for gaming, games officially art, officially a mass media form, awesome games, steam sales out the ass, awesome PC hardware to play them on...

MRORANGE

wienke said:
I'm at least 95% sure the sale starts this week because of the lack of a midweek madness.

I can't think of any other real reason why there wouldn't be a sale.

I hope so, the 24th cannot take any longer to get here, this is worse than the Glados ARG rebooting sequence, at least we had a counter there.
that lied.

MRORANGE

So GAF what's the cheapest game and most expensive game you bought from steam? (not including free)

Cheapest: The misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom £0.39

Expensive: Call of Duty Black Ops £39.99

and just to put in comparison: for 1 copy of CODBLOPS I could have got 102 copies of Winterbottom.

Is having summer sale withdrawal symptoms.

PaulLFC

Drkirby said:
Odd, I thought I said that before.

With it already having the billing type "Bill only once", it may be coming really soon.

Edit:
Oh, looks like Gods and Heroes, a MMO that should come out Today according to Wikipedia, is going to go up on Steam.

Sorry, just saw it in the registry today and thought it was new. Didn't realise it'd already been posted :)

As for there being no midweek madness, I wonder if that points to a sale happening at the end of this week?

Gvaz

Banned
XeroSauce said:
I think I'll stick with $100. I really do need to set a limit on myself, I spent almost $200 last time.
I spent about $250 last time :(

I could spend almost another $200 before I was satisfied but I can really only afford maybe $50 this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom