• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Totalbiscuit's video was a rare miss. He was just obnoxious (but not in a hilarious way like he usually is). I couldn't even finish it.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't watch that Giant Bomb Video 3 times today...

Eusis

Oh wow, I pity the PC Steam players without controllers that bought this game.

451w8.jpg
One must wonder what'd happen if there was no 360 version/controller support and instead it was just the DualShock officially supported on PC.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
this (read this post):

combined with this:

from steampowered.com

Weekend sale ends, summer sale begins. Seems legit to me.

There is no way that website would have any kind of information like that. They are clearly guessing.
EDIT: And yeah that weekend deal means nothing.

Let's not get crazy
crazier
, folks.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Only gaf could turn "sometimes it's fun to play video games all day" into "omg steam sale confirmed Monday July 2nd alert everyone"

On the one hand, that guy must be thinking about how crazy it is that people took that one line to mean he has some kind of secret information on when the sale is.

On the other hand, he must be loving the hits.

At this point the only really plausible date is the 12th. There haven't been ANY registry updates/changes yet, and there's always a bombardment before the sales.

At this point the only really plausible date is the 12th. There haven't been ANY registry updates/changes yet, and there's always a bombardment before the sales.

Actually, there were some packages added to the registry last night or early this morning. Don't remember which.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Logos that beg of change:

1) Resident Evil 6, because it's of a giraffe on the receiving end of a blowjob, and
2) The 2012 Olympics, because Lisa Simpson is handing them out.

Joe Molotov

Oh wow, I pity the PC Steam players without controllers that bought this game.

451w8.jpg

Haha, holy shit. ESC is B and X & Y are just the X & Y keys (not even anywhere close to each other on the keyboard). It's like "Here's the X360 controls and oh btw, if you only have a keyboard, literally go fuck yourself in the ass."

Nelo Ice

Banned
I doubt Amazon will have better sales than Steam.

Last winter they either price matched or undercut steam during the winter sale. And they had 75% off MW2. They're easily capable of beating steam.

Also right now the Paradox Packages are ridiculous value. I got it when the first time and it was $12.49 for like 5 games including CKII Magicka Sword of the Stars etc (CKII was $12.49 by itself on steam for reference) and they even gave $23 credits for 2 other Paradox titles and I got Europa Universalis III free when it was discounted to PM steam. O and to top it off they even managed to send us original buyers steam keys for Victoria and Sword of the Stars 1 since they didn't get steam keys until this sale.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Last winter they either price matched or undercut steam during the winter sale. And they had 75% off MW2. They're easily capable of beating steam.

Yep, amazon will have at least the same deals, not to mention bundles. Their current CK2/Paradox bundles are dirt cheap.

Also right now the Paradox Packages are ridiculous value. I got it when the first time and it was $12.49 for like 5 games including CKII Magicka Sword of the Stars etc (CKII was $12.49 by itself on steam for reference) and they even gave $23 credits for 2 other Paradox titles and I got Europa Universalis III free when it was discounted to PM steam. O and to top it off they even managed to send us original buyers steam keys for Victoria and Sword of the Stars 1 since they didn't get steam keys until this sale.

Fair enough. I'll check it out.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Fair enough. I'll check it out.

Yup it's downright larceny some the deals they're pulling. MW3 likely wont be 50% off durin the summer sale and same goes for Spec Ops and Max Payne 3. Spec Ops isn't even a week old yet! I'm personally waiting on the Binary Domain sale and others since I'm still considering the Tribes starter pack and SSFIV AE on GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom