• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I doubt Amazon will have better sales than Steam.

Not to sound snarky, and I preface this question with that statement because I am genuinely curious. Can you name one sale that Steam has run on content that we both carry that has been better than an Amazon sale in the past 8 months?

I track sales daily and I can't find a single one.

Cheers,
Tony

Not to sound snarky, and I preface this question with that statement because I am genuinely curious. Can you name one sale that Steam has run on content that we both carry that has been better than an Amazon sale in the past 8 months?

Cheers,
Tony

Well... LA Noire was 5 bucks on Steam last week, wasn't it?

Flunkie

Banned

Cheers,
Tony
Ooo this gon b gud

Yes it was, the same price we ran it for on 3 separate occasions of the past 3 months. We beat them to that price point by a full quarter.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh, I thought you meant compared to this sale. Doy. Didn't know that! The only other thing I can think of would be San Andreas, which has been 2.50 fairly recently on Steam, if I remember right.

Ryan_

Cheers,
Tony

Wow, Amazon is... an... entity?

Cheers,
Tony

My comment was made without any facts whatsoever. Checking the site now and I've shut my mouth. :)

I admire your fine taste, good sir.

It's your avatar made. I'm just an admirer. :)

Cheers,
Tony

The current summer sale has been way better. I'm saving a lot more than I thought I would.

Seriously though, how do you track against green man gaming for preorders?

My purchase cycle typically goes gmg for new stuff, steam for indie games and everything else I may or may not want during a sale and gog for the old nostalgia fix.

All that would be left for amazon are recentish games I don't want like mp3.

Ryan_

Well, just bought Max Payne 3 for Steam for 25 euro. Thanks Amazon!

EDIT: my billing adress is now Valve Headquarters

Alex

Totally random, but I didn't know you can do all that stuff with the 360 chat pad and using the 360 sticks as the mouse. Neat little setup for just rolling with a controller occasionally.

I'll have to buy one of those soon.

My comment was made without any facts whatsoever. Checking the site now and I've shut my mouth. :)

It's your avatar made. I'm just an admirer. :)

Lol no worries about "shutting your mouth" :) just like to keep people informed about the fact that it is really difficult to find examples of deals better than those we run regularly. They exist, but I don't see them very often.

Hehe, I admire your openness. I'll think about purchasing it at this price. Thank you anyway!

Word :)

Also highly active, very informative and unfailingly polite in the Amazon DD thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456563

More people to check out that thread :p. Either that or I may have to make Amazon threads more frequently besides big sales.

:)

The current summer sale has been way better. I'm saving a lot more than I thought I would.

Seriously though, how do you track against green man gaming for preorders?

My purchase cycle typically goes gmg for new stuff, steam for indie games and everything else I may or may not want during a sale and gog for the old nostalgia fix.

All that would be left for amazon are recentish games I don't want like mp3.

The GMG question isn't something I can answer professionally with any level of depth, it just would be appropriate.

As for the indie stuff, we're making a big push in that direction this year and I imagine you'll see more and more of them up on Amazon as the indie guys realize that there is a retailer who won't say "no you can't sell your game on our platform".

That doesn't answer your question super well but that is the info I can share.

Cheers,
Tony

I still believe Valve is experimenting this summer, by pushing their own sales as back as possible. Last time Amazon matched them day by day, they want to try avoid that - hopefully with uber price drops.

Gabe, You shall not find my faith wavering.

Alex

Well, they got me for forty, then I turned around and bought a chat pad from them too.

Sorta wanna get Max Payne 3 as well... but I've just got too much to play and 30 bucks is still quite a bit for a DD game I just don't really want right now. By the time it's cheaper I'm sure i'll have time to play it. :lol

Although, if they'd put RDR on the PC, I'd probably replay that right away. Lookin' for an excuse to go back through it and try out some of the multi stuff they added with a friend, anyway. I have it for PS3, so it'd be really nice to have a 1080p, gussied up PC version.

Bully normally $14.99. Wow. I found it in a bargain bin at EB for $2.

Some good sales there though. Plethora of Paradox Games is cheap.

Cheers,
Tony

Boom goes the dynamite.

gdt

Can anyone confirm Max Payne 3 digital code works on steam? I thought the game wasn't steamworks.

Just bought it. It works. Make sure you buy the steam version.

Amazon (Tony) sacrificed a goat to the god of merchants or something, they now sell both Steam and Non Steam versions of a bunch of games.

JaseC

Can anyone confirm Max Payne 3 digital code works on steam? I thought the game wasn't steamworks.

Well, just bought Max Payne 3 for Steam for 25 euro. Thanks Amazon!

EDIT: my billing adress is now Valve Headquarters

(It's not Steamworks as far as retail activation is concerned, but, apparently, R* isn't averse to supplying Steam-friendly keys.)

Edit: Beaten by the man himself.

Fuck it, I jumped on the Darkness II deal. Steam better not have it below 10€.

JaseC, you've been beaten three times on this page already. Go to bed.

JaseC

JaseC, you've been beaten three times on this page already. Go to bed.

UiVR2.png

gdt

I also picked up Spec Ops: The Line for $25 too, really intrigued in that. Lots of positive impressions for the narrative.

gdt

Would you guys recommend Crusader Kings II for someone who is a big fan of Civ V? Also interested in the GOT/ASOIAF mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom