• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have spent around £40-£50 if Amazon took Paypal. But as they don't, and I don't want to get hit with bank charges, I'm just waiting for the Steam sale now.

Shame as there's some great deals for Americans there. Or for people who don't have bank charges for buying with foreign currency :/
Yep I made a policy recently to stop buying stuff in dollars. Banks suck.

Steam sale had better happen soon.....

tumblr_m6gtnbCyqC1qe1j63o1_500.gif

K... None of that will happen, but still, the message is clear.

tumblr_m6etb9d0fo1qe1j63o1_500.gif

Enco

It has nothing to do with being a threat. It is just a directly competing service that affects more than just customer payment options.

To draw a VG parallel, we currently sell games that activate on Steam, but in cases where we don't (like Skyrim) we don't have an ad on the product page that says "want this thing digitally? Click here to purchase this game from Steam using your Amazon account."

It just doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

Hope that helps explain, it is a fairly complex scenario though.

Cheers,
Tony
I may have missed it but what's your stance on people from the UK/other areas buying games from the American sale? Thanks.

Yeah, the DD version has disappeared. It's not on Steam. Or GoG. Or Amazon. Or GamersGate...

I mentioned it in the KOTOR Collection thread already but it's probably thanks to Atari selling the IP to Perfect World Entertainment. I hope they bring it back to Steam though...

Hate it when games get removed. I grabbed Wolfenstein before it disappeared and managed to get a retail key for Prey but I'm still mad jelly at the people who have Outrun...

Ledsen

I may have missed it but what's your stance on people from the UK/other areas buying games from the American sale? Thanks.

The less fuss made about this, the better. If it becomes widespread there's a bigger chance of it getting "fixed"... and there's no reason for Amazon (or their employees) to comment on it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I mentioned it in the KOTOR Collection thread already but it's probably thanks to Atari selling the IP to Perfect World Entertainment. I hope they bring it back to Steam though...

Being PWE-published, there's a good chance it would be restructured as an F2P game. :p

sazzy

GAF is gonna fill this thread with Breaking Bad gifs every day the Steam Sale doesn't start... lol

got a strong hunch its gonna start today when the current deals end.

lets see though. dont get too excited.

zomg steam saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale

ngt

My uncle works at Valve and he confirmed they're waiting with start of the sale till HL3 is up for preorder.

JaseC

Amazon gets their money I see nothing wrong with it.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with it, but the ability for international customers to purchase digital products by way of simply adding a US-based billing address is a loophole that, as implied by Amazon's own words, shouldn't actually exist:

Amazon said:
Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

gdt

Ugh. Woke up to finally start playing Walking Dead episode 2 and the game was all fucked up. Assets missing all over the place. Reinstalling. That should fix it.

Nabs

Ugh. Woke up to finally start playing Walking Dead episode 2 and the game was all fucked up. Assets missing all over the place. Reinstalling. That should fix it.

Remember you can validate your cache instead of reinstalling games.

derFeef

Sounds like you are forcing AA within drivers - that causes that problem.

12$ for Max Payne 3 isn't normal but on Summer Camp it is. Or so says a random guy on the interwebz.

92fVM.jpg

Cropped to hide his/her identity.

tjohn86

So I bought Max Payne 3 from the Amazon sale... does anyone know how I register the extras dlc codes? The character pack, pill bottle etc?

JaseC

So, what, Valve accidentally applied a SUMMER CAMP SALE! discount and this person was the only one to notice?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I am on a computer that does not have an image editor installed. At no point did I use Photoshop or any other image manipulation program to change the image. There are no edited pixels in this picture. This is all actual HTML and actual CSS from steampowered.com:

http://i.imgur.com/aQbuT.jpg
Max Payne 3 for 90% off, NeoGAF is the worst forum ever sale. CONFIRMED.

... of course, I did use Chrome's Element Inspector to modify the HTML to read what I wanted it to read. But we'll ignore that. Believe!

I am on a computer that does not have an image editor installed. At no point did I use Photoshop or any other image manipulation program to change the image. There are no edited pixels in this picture. This is all actual HTML and actual CSS from steampowered.com:

... of course, I did use Chrome's Element Inspector to modify the HTML to read what I wanted it to read. But we'll ignore that. Believe!

tony can you pricematch this on amazon?

Joe Molotov

Fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom