• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Prediction: The savings are gonna be so ridiculous that they will sink Amazon if they try to match the prices.

Mark my words.

Amazon and Gabe have a Gentleman's Agreement when it comes to sales. It's basically Gabe being charitable.

pax217

Amazon and Gabe have a Gentleman's Agreement when it comes to sales. It's basically Gabe being charitable.

Gabe and Bezos literally live minutes from each other. If you don't think they're sitting there at each other's dinner tables planning these sales then you're craaazy!

Some are claiming that if the sale was going to start today, you would be able to see discounted items in your wishlist within the hour.

What truth there is to that, I don't really know. We'll soon find out

pax217

Some are claiming that if the sale was going to start today, you would be able to see discounted items in your wishlist within the hour.

What truth there is to that, I don't really know. We'll soon find out

I rarely look at the store because it freaks out at the beginning of the sales, so I typically go directly to my Wishlist (at least for the last two sales, I have)...

...the discounts have never shown up until 10a PST (when Steam store rolls-over anyway)

Can't wait for the steam summer sale to start today! 17 more minutes!!!

Gabe-Newell-on-Next-Half-Life.jpg

Its not happening today... Thursday the 5th - Sunday 15th.

No proof but after having hopes dashed the past few days I am trying to think more realistic.

Stitch

Gold Member
meh it wont start today. not enough summer related stuff in the registry, no new summer achievements, no mysterious updates for older games. nope, no sale.

Again if there is no sale today I will celebrate (cry) by giving away a Bastion code on the quotation front, hold onto your horses people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom