• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a ball watching the interwebs melt with nerd rage because based Gaben won't press the "Start" button on the summer sale.

Give me Skyrim for %66 off! Nou!

BioHazard

I don't know why anybody would think today would be it. I've said it before, Valve never does anything on any days except Tues and Thurs. Tues and Thurs of this week are a good bet. I would say tomorrow because it would include the 4th of July. If not, then the 12th like previously suspected.

Space Ark bought

wBtp5.png

Are you happy now Gabe? Can we have a Sale now?

A true martyr.

InertiaXr

I've been wondering: why do people use the wallet? Is it because it's easier and faster than typing your credit card number and infos for each purchase?

Yes and many credit card companies will start to decline your card if you have a bunch of small VALVE SOFTWARE purchases in a couple days.

Ionic

Have you been putting it off this long because you don't want to experience the best FPS this gen in Episode Two and then endure the long, tortuous wait for Half-Life 3?

Saying Episode 2 is the best FPS games of this gen is like saying Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the Himalayas.

dosh

Yes and many credit card companies will start to decline your card if you have a bunch of small VALVE SOFTWARE purchases in a couple days.

Maybe just to set the money aside. A Steam budget, if you will.

People like to place limits on their spendings

I used it because I traded in a bunch of stuff at gamestop for steam vouchers.

I'm completely satisfied with your answers, they make a lot of sense. Thank you gentlemen.

I've been wondering: why do people use the wallet? Is it because it's easier and faster than typing your credit card number and infos for each purchase?

Quick purchases
Limit spending
Avoid credit card cutting off due to multiple transactions
Allows for other methods of payment (gamestop trade ins, cash, check etc.)

Even when the Steam store is hammered during the first hour or so of a sale you can usually still get through with Steam wallet.

raphier

Banned
hmm looking at the coming soon inventory there is a large gap between 4th July and 24th July. I expect this is the frame of Summer Sales as no new games will be added in-between and comparing to other dates, this is the largest gap in there.

Dungeon Bowl available 2nd July.
Endless Space available 4th July.
Prototype 2 available 24th July.
Legend of Pegasus available 26th July.

Vastag

My card company gets nervous if I buy several things online in a short period of time.

Megasoum

Banned
Tony, was this you?

Cb82M.png

He talked about it in the Amazon thread. He said that the id code is actually random but it's been a running gag for the last couple of days in the office.

And wtf,how can you leave over 200 unread emails? I'm way to OCD to let that happen.

chixdiggit

Looks like a good chance I will be on vacation for a portion of the steam sale. Anyone have luck buying stuff off the Steam mobile app? Anything I need to set up before hand?

Volcynika

Looks like a good chance I will be on vacation for a portion of the steam sale. Anyone have luck buying stuff off the Steam mobile app? Anything I need to set up before hand?

If you're going to be out of your home country you should contact Steam support to make sure your account can buy games while out of that region. Or something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Leave Steam logged in on your PC if you want to use the remote download feature.

Haha, this was pointed out in the Amazon thread. It's just a happy coincidence -- ASINs are randomly generated.

Edit: Beaten. The first of many, I can only assume.

we haven't even reached post 20 on this page so there's still plenty time to break your record of 3

He talked about it in the Amazon thread. He said that the id code is actually random but it's been a running gag for the last couple of days in the office.

And wtf,how can you leave over 200 unread emails? I'm way to OCD to let that happen.

try
unread emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom