• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone want TRAUMA? Already have it and got a new key from the Indie Gala bundle. Quote to see.

Already taken. SAY THANKS AT LEAST DAMNIT.

:( Missed quite a few of these offers in this thread in the last few days by a few seconds.

Wok

If you're going to be out of your home country you should contact Steam support to make sure your account can buy games while out of that region. Or something.

I shall consider spending some days in Russia for one of these Steam sales. Too bad we do not know the dates in advance.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Because it allows me to pay for steam games with cash.

Quick purchases
Limit spending
Avoid credit card cutting off due to multiple transactions
Allows for other methods of payment (gamestop trade ins, cash, check etc.)

Even when the Steam store is hammered during the first hour or so of a sale you can usually still get through with Steam wallet.

Also don't forget - fluctuation of foreign exchange.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hey guys whats going on in here?

Upcoming Deals for July (Amazon):

Sega Deals:

July 4-14:

Binary Domain: $9.99
Shogun 2 Total War: Fall of the Samurai: $7.49
Virtua Tennis 4: $4.99 -
July 4-6:

Total War Bundle: $29.99 - Empire: Total War
Napolean: Total War Imperial Edition
Total War Shogun 2
Total War: Rome Gold Edition
Total War: Rome Alexander
Total War Shogun 2: Rise of the Samurai
Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai
Total War: Medieval 2 Gold
Sonic 4 Bundle $12.49:

Sonic 4 Episode 1
Sonic 4 Episode 2
Sonic CD
Dreamcast Collection - $4.99

Football Manager 2012+Virtua Tennis 4 Dual Pack $12.49

Sega Oldschool Pack - $12.49:

Renegade Ops
Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack
Renegade Ops Cold Strike DLC
Sega Classics Pack 1
Sega Classics Pack 2
Sega Classics Pack 3
Sega Classics Pack 4
Sega Classics Pack 5 - still getting this live but it is the newest one of these packs with Phantasy Star in it.
Sonic CD
After 7/6 and through 7/14 individual games in the packs will revert to a 50% discount

EA Deals:

7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

7/6-7/8
Battlefield 3 + Battlefield Premium - $79.99
Mass Effect 3 - $35.99
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - $47.99
ME1 + ME2 DD + Mass Effect 3 DD - $59.99

7/8-14
Plants vs. Zombies - $4.99
FIFA Manager 12 - 9.99
FIFA Soccer 12 - 9.99
NHL 09 - 4.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - 4.99
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters - 9.99
Madden NFL 08 - 4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - 4.98
Need For Speed World Bronze Starter Pack - 7.49
Need For Speed World Gold Starter Pack - 14.99
Need For Speed World Silver Starter Pack - 11.24
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 4.99
Alice: Madness Returns - $4.99
Bulletstorm - $4.99
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight - $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising - $4.99
Dead Space - $4.99
Dead Space 2 - $4.99

7/12-14
Need for Speed: The Run - $9.99
THQ Bundle 7/8-7/14 $14.99:

1. Darksiders
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armageddon
4. Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC
5. Nexuiz
6. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Already taken. SAY THANKS AT LEAST DAMNIT.

:( Missed quite a few of these offers in this thread in the last few days by a few seconds.
That's too bad. If I can make you happy with either Warlock or the Magicka Collection, let me know. Got codes for those two left.

wazoo

Have you been putting it off this long because you don't want to experience the best FPS this gen in Episode Two and then endure the long, tortuous wait for Half-Life 3?

This is my first steam sales celebrating my return to PC gaming (a place where shitty ports of orange box do not exist).

gdt

Haven't played a Total War game yet, but I own Shogun 2. Considering getting the expansion for that price on Amazon.....................................

Dunno when I'll get to it though, so might wait.

Czigga

Funny anecdote from cheapassgamer on Steam sale thread. I can relate to poster C.

Poster A: Why don't you guys play some of your backlog while you wait instead of whining and complaining.

Poster B: That's the most logical post I've read here all week.

Poster C (winner): I don't have time to play my 30 game backlog, I only have time to buy more cheap games.

ngt

Haven't played a Total War game yet, but I own Shogun 2. Considering getting the expansion for that price on Amazon.....................................

This kind of thoughts (Buy&NeverPlay) it because it were reserved for Steam sales only. A new era has just started...

sazzy

Now just gotta know which of those are Steam-keys. I don't really have a preference either way but I know a lot of people do.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It made sense to me right away but I worried it'd make some of the less stable individuals around these parts think that the Steam sale itself had started, hahaha.

:LOL. Figured people would be able to figure it out but yeah don't want those people waiting for the Steam sale having a heart attack haha.

I'll probably get Binary Domain from that amazon sale, I'm on the fence for Max Payne and Spec Ops they both look good but price is still a bit high, feel like I'll be able to get them cheaper soon enough

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Anyone know if retail version of Mafia 2 has a steam key? It's 5 euros, and on the digital store it's 40 :/

6zHbr.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone know if retail version of Mafia 2 has a steam key? It's 5 euros, and on the digital store it's 40 :/

It's steamworks.

Also regarding what's going to be steam keys, Tony said this the sale thread.

Working on it, along with the rest of the responses, stay tuned. I'll be dark for the next hour or so while i set stuff up and respond.

Remember to help a brother out and spread the word :)...or don't and just continue to enjoy the sales!

Someone should post that list on the Steam forums and watch the fireworks etc.

Apparently Tony was chewed out and had to bolt after posting in the Steam forums based on what I've read in the CAG thread :lol.

Apparently Tony was chewed out and had to bolt after posting in the Steam forums based on what I've read in the CAG thread :lol.

SPUF are the worst. Both Valve/Steam fanboys and trolls. Most of the threads are unbearable.

Guessing that most of those (except EA?) deals are gonna be Steam keys.

Almost all of the THQ stuff will be SW, lots of the SEGA games as well but EA stuff will be at most "Originworks".

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Even I can't work up the enthusiasm to buy Space Ark. Someone attempt to sell me on it.

Only works in small window, someone said. Doesnt that sound great?

Not enough enthusiasm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom