• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Even I can't work up the enthusiasm to buy Space Ark.

tumblr_lncilodo191qclt3z.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, I think at this point we have the prepare for the possibility of there being only a one day sale on the 4th. Its not really a bold prediction, just a heads up that it might happen.

If the date is really July 12 I have to wonder why. A lot of peoples gaming budgets is already going to be spent on places like Amazon, GOG, and Origin by then as people start to assume there is no steam sale. They should at least formally announce it as the 12th if they are planning on that date so budgets can be saved for it.

I mean I'm patient enough to wait for the 12th. It's actually a good opportunity to catch up on some of the games I missed, but it just doesn't really make business sense to me. In fact it already seems like they missed the first to market advantage to these sales, and I'm not really sure why. Only reason I can think of is they want to take advantage of people checking the store to see if it started yet and maybe impatiently buying stuff full price assuming the sale wont happen.

omg. He's banned lol.

Wow, I didn't even realize this until I saw it here. Logged in and saw this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Spammed Advertisements

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

If you have questions regarding this ban, please Contact Steam Support.

Lol. I wonder if my Steam account is shut down too?

Cheers,
Tony

Detox

Spammed Advertisements

Cheers,
Tony

Valve isn't EA, they won't lock you out of your games for a forum ban.

Nabs

This isn't EA. You were probably banned by a volunteer mod.

The Beth summer pack got added to the registry. The 12th is still looking good, but the 5th isn't out of the picture.

nyong

Banned
Ouch. Advertising under your primary account probably wasn't the smartest move. Losing access to your paid games would be so wrong, though.

Spammed Advertisements

Cheers,
Tony

Wow, that is pretty messed up.

Of course not. Forum accounts are separate.

Valve isn't EA, they won't lock you out of your games for a forum ban.

Word.

BTW on the subject of Amazon deals in this thread. I'm not trying to anger you guys so let me know if you want me to not post in here as well. I've pretty much just been answering questions people have, but if you'd prefer those questions be answered via PM or another thread just let me know.

I like hanging out in here though...

Cheers,
Tony

Salsa

Welp, I think at this point we have the prepare for the possibility of there being only a one day sale on the 4th. Its not really a bold prediction, just a heads up that it might happen.

rofl

how do people even begin to think this could possibly happen?

can you imagine the shitstorm?

Steam summer sales will happen for ever as long as Steam exists.

Word.

BTW on the subject of Amazon deals in this thread. I'm not trying to anger you guys so let me know if you want me to not post in here as well. I've pretty much just been answering questions people have, but if you'd prefer those questions be answered via PM or another thread just let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

rofl fuck that noise you stay here whether you like it or not

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
CDR got like 10 entries in the last hour or two.

Yeah, but all of them are like "ValveTestApp", or "Sanctum 2" or "Orcs Must Die 2"

Now, things like Bethesda Collection (Summer 2012) are indicators of a sale coming, but I wouldn't hold out for later today. Maybe on Thursday, maybe next week.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Word.

Cheers,
Tony

I don't think anyone has a problem with you posting here.

legacyzero

Banned
Word.

Cheers,
Tony
Anybody in here complaining about awesome deals for games that activate on Steam need to promptly rethink their logic.

ngt

Word.

Cheers,
Tony

Why would you annoy us? It's great to have you here (same at GOG before you disappeared).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
People mad that Amazon has deals? lol

Just assume Steam sale isn't happening. I've already accepted it

Salsa

no one is mad over here, they're talking about the Steam forums, and I think its just against the rules rather than getting people mad over it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
While I really like Tony and I'm glad he's here, I can kinda see why he ended up with a ban over there ;)

edit, since I'm slow - again: you stay here, man! Don't go anywhere!

ngt

Actually when Steam Summer Sale happen whill that be Amazon price-matching or is Amazon price-matching Steam preemptively? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom