• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge the application was done by the same guys who did the "last hours of portal" although this is not as interactive, It's basically a DVD menu.

You get a commentary option from Super meatboy, mini interviews with other game devs (1-5mins) and subtitles for other languages, as well as some info on the making of the film.
Looks slick. Thanks for the info. Definitely grabbing it tonight.

Forkball

Remember when everyone was looking forward to Spore as the best game ever?

It wasn't?!

Yeah, the backlash against this game was probably the most noteworthy thing. I must say the character creator was fantastic, I'd probably buy it as a stand alone for a dollar.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh Sheeit.

header.jpg

iTANS5DZVILBb.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've always wanted to try Spore. I didn't have a capable PC back when it came out. Worth considering, maybe.

Apparently if you bought the Potato Reunion pack yesterday before they changed the description you were given your TF2 item.

However, as soon as they changed the description, they went and removed all the hats that had been given out.

This sounds kind of un-valve like. It's coming from SPUF threads on the matter... so take it as you will. But that really is lame if true.

BosSin

I don't know where else to post this, but I have a 25% off Civ V green man gaming code if wanted by anyone. It costs around £20 without the code applied

PM if you want

DagsJT

Dungeons Of Dredmore is just ridiculously difficult. I can barely manage a few rooms before I die. It seems I hardly ever find armour, my weapons are useless, the monsters hit me for more damage than I can regen by walking around and more than any food will heal.

HoosTrax

Apparently if you bought the Potato Reunion pack yesterday before they changed the description you were given your TF2 item.

However, as soon as they changed the description, they went and removed all the hats that had been given out.

This sounds kind of un-valve like. It's coming from SPUF threads on the matter... so take it as you will. But that really is lame if true.
Hmm not sure how I feel about this one. If I had bought Potato Sack yesterday, I'd be pissed I think.

As someone who bought it last year though, I don't know that I'd want to see a flood of new, previously limited edition items. These types of items have a set value due to their limited nature. Take the earbuds for example -- they're worth, what, $35 (not really up-to-date on my prices)? If they were to "re-release" them, the value would instantly tank since they wouldn't be rare and discontinued any more.

Either way, I think removing the items from someone's inventory after the fact is not the way to go. Remove the description and don't give it to anyone who bought it after that point, yes.

Hmm not sure how I feel about this one. If I had bought Potato Sack yesterday, I'd be pissed I think.

As someone who bought it last year though, I don't know that I'd want to see a flood of new, previously limited edition items. These types of items have a set value due to their limited nature. Take the earbuds for example -- they're worth, what, $35 (not really up-to-date on my prices)? If they were to "re-release" them, the value would instantly tank since they wouldn't be rare and discontinued any more.

Either way, I think removing the items from someone's inventory after the fact is not the way to go. Remove the description and don't give it to anyone who bought it after that point, yes.

The Aperture Labs Hardhat is one of the only promos released in the last two years that cannot be randomly crafted.

It's kind of weird. I thought maybe they never made it craftable because of this situation (a re-print of the promo), but it looks like that wasn't the case...

Blizzard

Banned

It sucks, but presumably they want to keep their economy expensive or whatnot and don't want new people to get the hats. =(

I've always wanted to try Spore. I didn't have a capable PC back when it came out. Worth considering, maybe.

Same here. I ended up just buying Spore, since I figured that I could always pick up Galactic Adventures in a later sale, seeing as how the packages don't have any additional savings.

ShaneB

Dungeons Of Dredmore is just ridiculously difficult. I can barely manage a few rooms before I die. It seems I hardly ever find armour, my weapons are useless, the monsters hit me for more damage than I can regen by walking around and more than any food will heal.

The game is absolutely hilarious, and I wish I could love it more, but I'm so terrible at it as well. So much text and so much loot/items it's overwhelming, and then I quickly die :p I've only played it briefly however, so perhaps my judgement is a bit skewed.

Same here. I ended up just buying Spore, since I figured that I could always pick up Galactic Adventures in a later sale, seeing as how the packages don't have any additional savings.

GA is really fun. It's all late game content, but it basically turns the end of Spore into an entirely new game, and some of the adventures people have made over the years were great.

It's too bad there's some nasty exclusive DLC for Spore that is unavailable now (and was never on Steam). Cool robot parts for the creator, but the DLC has long since been retired as it was part of an EA promotion.

It also means there will be missions and creatures you cannot download... ever, because these parts will never be available again.

GA is really fun. It's all late game content, but it basically turns the end of Spore into an entirely new game, and some of the adventures people have made over the years were great.

It's too bad there's some nasty exclusive DLC for Spore that is unavailable now (and was never on Steam). Cool robot parts for the creator, but the DLC has long since been retired as it was part of an EA promotion.

It also means there will be missions and creatures you cannot download... ever, because these parts will never be available again.
Spore: Maximum Edition

Are Telltale games Steamworks on anything other than Steam?

I know for a fact they're not Steamworks if bought directly from TellTale. At least, up to Back to the Future. I don't know about the stuff released after that as I stopped buying games from them directly with Back to the Future.

Spore is really great but the Galactic Adventures expansion is garbage. The editor is kinda neat but everything created with it is clunky and half-broken. All the custom levels are either trivially easy or impossibly hard; there are no mid-mission saves so you start the whole thing over if you die. There is no mechanism for randomizing content in the missions so one of the core draws of the game and any reason to replay the missions is gone. And if you have the expansion then user-created levels automatically show up in your space stage as missions, forcing upon you the tedious task of hunting down missions from the base game while avoiding GA missions.

DagsJT

I've deleted the Race 07 demo from Steam, checked and the folder has gone, but it's still showing in my game list. Deleted the client blob, still there showing as an installed game. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, I had to delete some dedicated server from the tools and it's gone now.

Sysgen

Spore is really great but the Galactic Adventures expansion is garbage. The editor is kinda neat but everything created with it is clunky and half-broken. All the custom levels are either trivially easy or impossibly hard; there are no mid-mission saves so you start the whole thing over if you die. There is no mechanism for randomizing content in the missions so one of the core draws of the game and any reason to replay the missions is gone. And if you have the expansion then user-created levels automatically show up in your space stage as missions, forcing upon you the tedious task of hunting down missions from the base game while avoiding GA missions.

Well how hard is it " hunting down missions from the base game"

1-D_FTW

I've deleted the Race 07 demo from Steam, checked and the folder has gone, but it's still showing in my game list. Deleted the client blob, still there showing as an installed game. Any ideas?

Instead of library, change to Tools. There's got to be some online component or whatnot installed. Delete that and it'll disappear.

EDIT: You edited while I was typing:)

I kind of have the opposite problem with that game. Don't get me wrong, I've died suddenly and swiftly in that game, but as far as that genre goes I feel like I spend more time wandering looking for shit to do and killing grunts than being afraid for my life like in most roguelikes.

Same here. Maybe it's the build I used. Which I can't even remember at the moment.

I actually stopped playing because I got bored of just destroying everything easily.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Is it my imagination or was RUNE priced @ $4.99 this afternoon? Now it's $9.99, on sale for $7.99. Still want to know if the directx10 renderer works?

RUNE is on Steam? Will grab during summer sale for sure. Game is amazing.

I've had this game for aaages, and never have gotten round to playing it. Is it actually fun?
Yes, very fun! It's as much an adventure game as it is survival horror. I only had to look up the solution for one puzzle. Great game.
If you've ever played Penumbra you know what to expect, except this is way better.

Kaizen

Soooo I bought Spore Complete Pack. Why do I have "Spore: Creepy & Cute Parts Pack" in my library ? I thought that this is some kind of DLC. Do I have to start it if I want to use those parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom