• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of want DarkSpore, but it has an always online singleplayer requirement, and I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be in the next wave of EA server closures :/

Are you attached to a game server or just logged into EA?

I don't know, I just know that there's no real 'single player' to it and it is an always online persistent world (like Diablo 3 is) game no matter how many people are playing.

I won't pay full price to support something like that, but am less picky about that sort of bullshit at £3.74 - although if it becomes unplayable in a few months its not even worth that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I sort of want DarkSpore, but it has an always online singleplayer requirement, and I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be in the next wave of EA server closures :/

Well, with all due respect, less than 1% of people play this game so you have no right to feel entitled to play the game you're buying today.

Well, with all due respect, less than 1% of people play this game so you have no right to feel entitled to play the game you're buying today.

I don't think I understand what you're saying... because not a lot of people are playing it I shouldn't expect a spore themed diablo clone to work, even in singleplayer?

Joe Molotov

What he's saying is that you've devalued the IP by buying it on sale, and you can't expect EA to keep servers open for worthless franchises.

I don't even buy the limited activation DRM'd games either.

But... the next simcity... I'm not sure if I'm strong enough :(

Anyone - anyone - that has bought a game with the knowledge that it is limited activation or always online has no right to complain about those features fucking up their game. It's completely ridiculous to do so. And people have, including people on this very forum. I will never put my trust into a system where it takes a continuous stream of cash to run the game. ME3 MP is fun, but I'll live when they shut down the servers, because the entire game is not online.

not very. You find a planet with a distress signal and go to it. The distress signals happen fairly frequently.

By the way, I wasn't trying to dispute your GA impressions. I came here specifically to tell people to stay away from the expansion. I love Spore and think it's a really unfairly maligned game; the space stage is fantastic and deserves to be mentioned alongside classic 4X games like MOO2. I bought the physical collector's edition of the game, bought the creepy/cute parts pack, then bought both of those again when they made their way to Steam. I may have bought the expansion twice as well. But I ended up massively disappointed with the expansion, which was lacking pretty much everything I liked about the original game, and I felt it made the game significantly worse with its presence.

I realize it may have looked like I posted just to say you were wrong about everything, but that's not what I meant to do.

Salsa

The Ys games better go on sale during the summer sale, I need a JRPG fix

yup, been a while since I played my PSP ones

also really hoping for these to go on sale:

walking-dead-1887.jpeg
header[6].jpg
header.jpg

header.jpg
header.jpg
header.jpg

header.jpg
header.jpg
pajWM.jpg

plus some other, older stuff.

a bunch of games I want compared to previous years of summer sales, paired with my lowest budget for one of these yet.. should be interesting :p

yup, been a while since I played my PSP ones

also really hoping for these to go on sale:

plus some other, older stuff.

a bunch of games I want compared to previous years of summer sales, paired with my lowest budget for one of these yet.. should be interesting :p

I doubt Walking Dead will go on sale, it's still an ongoing series. Pretty cheap anyway and definitely worth the price IMO.

Salsa

I doubt Walking Dead will go on sale, it's still an ongoing series.

It has happened before

but yeah, im not beting money on it

Warlock was just half off Salsa!

Also really fun. Y'all should buy it. It'll probably be 50% off again this summer.

Yeah, i'll get it if they repeat that

I want ArmA2:CO to go on sale, I'd like to jump on the GAF DayZ server.

oh god THIS too, feel like im seriously missing the boat on this

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Arma II is already the top seller. Most likely they'll only have a 50% off sale due to how popular its been, but its going to do gangbusters.

Mayyhem

Is F3AR worth getting for 60% off ($8) during this mid-week sale?

I loved the first two. It's only on sale until tomorrow so I'm trying to decide

Spent $1300 on PC, monitor, etc. Now the Steam sale is coming up.

I must really hate money.

In the glorious future where Gabe is Supreme Overlord of Earth, everyone's social status will be determined by the size of their Steam collection. You are wise to think ahead of the times.

ngt

Can someone from US or other dollar zone help me get Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn's Revenge please? I can pay by PayPal or trade for some other game.

Wanace

Hey guys,

I just bought a wireless Xbox 360 controller for my PC, and I got a nice monetary gift for my birthday, so I'm looking to catch up on some games I missed because I always use a mouse/keyboard.

I have VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy, Cave Story+, and Just Cause 2 installed now, but with the Steam Summer Sale coming up I'm looking for some suggestions on games that play better or very comfortably with a controller. I have some other games as well such as Skyrim etc. but those work just as well with a mouse.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Get the humble bundle right now and play Psychonauts. The Psychonauts board on GOG has a link to a patcher that makes it display the 360 icons for the buttons.

Wanace

Get the humble bundle right now and play Psychonauts. The Psychonauts board on GOG has a link to a patcher that makes it display the 360 icons for the buttons.

I already have Psychonauts too, should've mentioned. Thanks to Blablurn who generously gifted me the Humble Bundle for my b-day.

wilflare

Can someone from US or other dollar zone help me get Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn's Revenge please? I can pay by PayPal or trade for some other game.

pm sent :D

any US friend wanna get in on a Darkspore 4pack?
got 3 friends interested..
just need one US pal to help
(i wanted to help.. but the single is 4.99.. 4pack is 37usd @_@)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom