• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
2012 in video games sucks.

Steam sales: delayed
Bioshock: delayed
PS4/720 announcements: delayed
PS1 on vita: delayed
Lots of other games: delayed

(delayed being relative to expectations)

Joe Molotov

Ok, people, help me out.

Arcania Gothic 4 - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ARCANIA/arcania-gothic-4

Is it worth $9.98?

I know its an open world RPG (I like those) but I heard some bad things about it.

Not sure what to do.

Help me, Gaffers :)

It's not open world, it's all linear. You can go back to earlier areas, but there's really no reason to unless you want to participate in the collectathon quest (which is one of the few sidequests there is). It looks pretty, but it's not really very good. It's an okay diversion though, I beat it in about 20 hours.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So is the steam sales delay making some people all hissy-fit that they don't want sales from other stores that activate on steam to be discussed?

Joe Molotov

The bemine3 bundle is at 39,130. Unknown Steam game @ 40K with a metascore of 82.

That doesn't narrow it down as much as I thought it would, but these are probably the most likely candidates:

XzGfy.jpg

gdt

So is the steam sales delay making some people all hissy-fit that they don't want sales from other stores that activate on steam to be discussed?

Its really odd. GMG deals get posted here all the time. Hell, I've only bought steamworks games from Amazon!

I do agree that the tatoo post probably shouldn't have been posted here specifically, but the rest of his posts have been appropriate for this thread.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Its really odd. GMG deals get posted here all the time. Hell, I've only bought steamworks games from Amazon!

I do agree that the tatoo post probably shouldn't have been posted here specifically, but the rest of his posts have been appropriate for this thread.

It's completely different when a rep comes in lol.... Yeah the tattoo post was really the only questionable one but besides that I shouldn't be posting anything regarding deals even if they're cheaper since they're non steam. And apparently this thread should be reserved for sale and HL3 whining and worshiping Valve and Gabe Newell. Also yeah wouldn't want to buy a Steam key since Valve doesn't get a cut of the money! I'm still honestly shocked how this is suddenly a massive issue and people are taking offense to the fact that Steam has actual competition. Hell in the Winter Sale I posted all the time about the sales Amazon was having and people were glad to see they could get games cheaper. But o no a rep or hell lets say devs too crosses the line when they start posting promotions in other threads while being completely upfront about it.

O and Stump's post makes even more sense now lol.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39443678&postcount=8053

It made sense to me right away but I worried it'd make some of the less stable individuals around these parts think that the Steam sale itself had started, hahaha.

sazzy

It's completely different when a rep comes in lol. Yeah the tattoo post was really the only questionable one but besides that apparently I shouldn't be posting anything regarding deals even if they're cheaper since they're non steam. And apparently. this thread should be reserved for sale and HL3 whining and worshiping Valve and Gabe Newell. Also yeah wouldn't want to buy a Steam key since Valve doesn't get a cut of the money!

this^

The_End

That doesn't narrow it down as much as I thought it would, but these are probably the most likely candidates:

XzGfy.jpg

A couple of days ago (Before they achieved goal #4), over on the groupies chat on their site, they started talking about the potential goal after #4. They said that they were gonna make it a game, and they asked people to vote on the genre of game that they should try to get for Goal #5. The person from Groupies suggested an Adventure game, and the voting was pretty lopsided in favor of doing that. It was something like 11-2 in favor, with me being one of the few who voted against having an adventure game.

So based on that, the guy from groupies said that they'd try to get an adventure game for the new game. That's still no guarantee that they'll have gotten an adventure game, but I'm operating under the assumption that they did.

My money's on Gemini Rue.

mrgone

Far Cry 3 delayed.

I still wanna cry :(

On the bright side, maybe the delay will give the PC version a simultaneous release with the consoles. I can't complain all that much though - I'm mostly just happy it's still coming to the PC after all of the batshit crazy statements Ubisoft reps were making about the platform earlier this year.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's completely different when a rep comes in lol. Yeah the tattoo post was really the only questionable one but besides that apparently I shouldn't be posting anything regarding deals even if they're cheaper since they're non steam. And apparently. this thread should be reserved for sale and HL3 whining and worshiping Valve and Gabe Newell. Also yeah wouldn't want to buy a Steam key since Valve doesn't get a cut of the money!

I guess the tattoo post was added here because it's still promoting Borderlands 2 which apparently is Steamworks.

But yeah, chalk it up to steam summer sales anxiety that they're targeting other for frustration. I've been in previous threads and rarely encounter bitching like recently.

Nelo Ice

Banned
are we really still talking about this

If no one brought up a massive post displaying it's a problem then yeah we wouldn't be talking about it but hey what's there is there so it'll be discussed. If anything could've just PM'ed Tony or hell a mod and brought up concerns rather than making a massive post for everyone to see which wasn't exactly worded nicely.

EVERY fucking game of Civ V Gods & Kings I try to play with as Sweden crashes. Every one. I've been fairly disappointed with the expansion overall but I was dead set on at least completing the game with every new Civ and completing the scenarios but this is just killing any desire I have to continue playing this game. Contemplating simply uninstalling the game at this point.

Joe Molotov

A couple of days ago (Before they achieved goal #4), over on the groupies chat on their site, they started talking about the potential goal after #4. They said that they were gonna make it a game, and they asked people to vote on the genre of game that they should try to get for Goal #5. The person from Groupies suggested an Adventure game, and the voting was pretty lopsided in favor of doing that. It was something like 11-2 in favor, with me being one of the few who voted against having an adventure game.

So based on that, the guy from groupies said that they'd try to get an adventure game for the new game. That's still no guarantee that they'll have gotten an adventure game, but I'm operating under the assumption that they did.

My money's on Gemini Rue.

Although I didn't include it in my list, Syberia also has an 82 on Metacritic. So that's a possibility too if they're going adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom