• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you only post in here troll and bait?

I'm not even sure where you would come up with that. I made a post about a guy posting over and over in here to draw attention to his thread and now you say I only come in here to troll and bait? I would never even have had a problem with if he hadn't been posting so often and being so obvious about using a competitors thread to draw attention to his own sale. It was just too much and too obvious. He could have come in and mentioned the sale and that would have been fine. Other members could have come in to mention sales on Amazon, GMG, whatever, like they always do.

But let's just forget about the Tony thing and move on to how I am only in here to troll and bait. I wasn't aware that I only come in here to troll and bait, that has definitely never been my intention, so please help me out by pointing it out to me so I can do my best not to in the future.

This is also nice for those of us who already bought it to share the love:
"All purchases made by Friday June 29 11:59pm PST will receive a redeemable Gift bundle of Be Mine 3 that can be shared with a friend."

Im confused by this bundle. Is it +$2 to unlock each tier or $6 minumum to unlock everything?

Im asking because I already have Garsharps.

sazzy

I'm not even sure where you would come up with that. I made a post about a guy posting over and over in here to draw attention to his thread and now you say I only come in here to troll and bait? I would never even have had a problem with if he hadn't been posting so often and being so obvious about using a competitors thread to draw attention to his own sale. It was just too much and too obvious. He could have come in and mentioned the sale and that would have been fine. Other members could have come in to mention sales on Amazon, GMG, whatever, like they always do.

But let's just forget about the Tony thing and move on to how I am only in here to troll and bait. I wasn't aware that I only come in here to troll and bait, that has definitely never been my intention, so please help me out by pointing it out to me so I can do my best not to in the future.

He was telling you about Steam keys/Steamworks primarily and answering questions about them in a Steam deals thread.

Too bad he doesn't work for Valve selling worse deals else this wouldn't even be an issue.

Anyway.

Wok

Looking at the recent updates, the following games have been updated:
Civ V
Dwarfs
Roller Coaster Rampage
Splice
Krater
Spiral Knights

These all have legit change logs obviously but I could see them being part of some Summer Sale achievement hunt.

Krater needed to be patched. As for the others, maybe: for instance, Dwarfs would not need a bug-fixing patch, so the patch is very likely to add a mini-game for the Summer contest.

Lancehead

someone is holding hostages until the summer sale starts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbxPVHJEw8

LY6Rf.png

Any chance Crysis 2 will be on sale? Even though it has only just been re-added to Steam, it's still an 'older' title now (as in over a year old). I would snap it up for $15.

guys...

what if the sale hasn't happened yet because...

...I don't have anything. It's gotten to the point where I'm just gonna wait for the Binary Domain deal to go up on Amazon and then wait. It's not like I'll be able to participate in any achievement hunt shenanigans anyway.

Also a warning: don't go to the Steam Powered User Forums to look for sale news if you haven't played STALKER yet. There's a douche with a massive spoiler in his nickname

SPOILER
REMOVED GODDAMMIT
SPOILER

Ledsen

guys...

what if the sale hasn't happened yet because...

...I don't have anything. It's gotten to the point where I'm just gonna wait for the Binary Domain deal to go up on Amazon and then wait. It's not like I'll be able to participate in any achievement hunt shenanigans anyway.

Also a warning: don't go to the SPUF to look for sale news if you haven't played STALKER yet. There's a douche with a massive spoiler in his nickname
YouAreStrelok

I have no idea what SPUF is, but I googled it and apparently it's the acronym for the Swedish Urologist Association -_-

Oh. Why not say Steam forums then.

the first three entries on google either link to the forums or explain the acronym soo...

Anyway, have we gotten clarification on the SecuROM situation of Crysis 1 and Warhead? Have they raised the activation limit on the Steam version as well or are we still in the dark about that?

Yeah, I was totally ready to say that I needed nothing from this sale, then in the last page or two folks totally brought up a couple of games that I'd be down for at the right price. Both Crysis 2 and Grimrock would be ace to pick up. At least I'm not too guilty adding new games as I've got some PC gaming time free coming up as I've shelved The Witcher 2 part way in. I feel like every PC gamer is supposed to love that game, but man, it really did not do it for me.

Tess3ract

Banned
Yeah I would be all over that. Doubt I would play it, but I would love to buy it.

Of all the games in that image worth buying at full price is grimrock. I bought grimrock for 10 (50% off promotion before the game came out) and I felt like I ripped them off. It's amazing

Milamber

You know what? Screw this Steam Sale. Day's spent staring at my computer at the magic hour only to see nothing happen & slink back to my bed, wrapping my blanket around me in its warm embrace. I'm gonna go out today & see if I can drag some friends along to our local shooting range with our paintball guns & play '20 Questions' until we run out or quit due to the pain.

You know what? Screw this Steam Sale. Day's spent staring at my computer at the magic hour only to see nothing happen & slink back to my bed, wrapping my blanket around me in its warm embrace. I'm gonna go out today & see if I can drag some friends along to our local shooting range with our paintball guns & play '20 Questions' until we run out or quit due to the pain.

...and the Steam Sale will start. Seriously, do you even want to miss the magical 504 moment on both Steam and GAF?

Deals run for 24 hours, so you'll have plenty of time later. You'd best not buy anything in the first 30 minutes of each day, to avoid heart-attacks.

Yaska

Wonder when we'll get new news about FF7 Steam version. I really do want to dip on that for the.... manieth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom