• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngt

LY6Rf.png

Santa?

Alex

But what if I find the show really boring? And have absolutely no interest in the comics?

Well, if you're not interested in the product itself, you probably wouldn't be interested in an adventure game about it, I'd imagine. I have a love/hate relationship with the show and I'd read the comics if I read comics though, so I'm def curious.

Alex

I blame it all on Torchlight 2. If Torchlight 2 came out by now or had a release date none of this would have happened.

Now that I am currently done with Diablo III for awhile, it is officially OK for Torchlight II to be released!

Preferably before it enters the damned release window of Guild Wars 2 in late August.

Now that I am currently done with Diablo III for awhile, it is officially OK for Torchlight II to be released!

Preferably before it enters the damned release window of Guild Wars 2 in late August.

I was just thinking that the other day when GW2 release was announced. TL2 devs said late July/August release. Plus Dark Souls is also August 25th =\

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Is Torchlight still worth playing with the next one coming ? I remember playing the demo of the first one, and it was decent from what i recall.

And the thread goes from people questioning the relevance of posting steamkey sales on amazon, to repeatedly quoting pictures of Gabe and talking about his beard in a single page.

Never change GAF.

EDIT:

Is Torchlight still worth playing with the next one coming ? I remember playing the demo of the first one, and it was decent from what i recall.

Torchlights good, I don't see how the sequel will change that unless it literally surpasses its prequel in every possible way.

Even so, torchlight 1 is likely to be crazy cheap in the upcoming sale, and torchlight 2 isn't.

The_Monk

Yes, it's a great loot game. I think if you pre-order Torchlight 2 you get the first for free.

It can be a little repetitive after some time but it's worth in my opinion.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Sounds good, i don't want to spend that much for Torchlight 2. Will add the first one to the list of things to get if they are dirt cheap during the fabled Summer sale.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Yes, it's a great loot game. I think if you pre-order Torchlight 2 you get the first for free.

It can be a little repetitive after some time but it's worth in my opinion.

You absolutely do get the first one (at least when I pre-ordered it did). I did find it repetitive after a while, but I only played the XBox version. I'm thinking about checking out some of the essential mods that were made for the first one.

Javaman

I'd stay away from buying any Telltale games until the last day of the sale. Every once in a while they offer the complete publisher catalog for $50.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'd stay away from buying any Telltale games until the last day of the sale. Every once in a while they offer the complete publisher catalog for $50.

But then you get stuck with shit that you don't ever want to play. It added like 15 games to my "Ughh" category.

The_Monk

You absolutely do get the first one (at least when I pre-ordered it did). I did find it repetitive after a while, but I only played the XBox version. I'm thinking about checking out some of the essential mods that were made for the first one.

I didn't know they were mods, cool, I wonder if they work with the Mac version? Probably not...

bender

What time is it?
But what if I find the show really boring? And have absolutely no interest in the comics?

You sound like exactly like me. I don't enjoy the show, have never read the comics and all of TellTale's previous games have left me cold. That said, I'd still recommend the first two episodes. The puzzles are still dull, like in most TellTale games, but the writing and characters are great.

Tomcat

Dunno about that. Before Steam release you could torrent the game (legally guys, it's F2P) and there was no pando attached. Also i think nowadays deleting that thing isn't as painful as it was. I will look into if the Steam version has Pando.

any info about this?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I didn't know they were mods, cool, I wonder if they work with the Mac version? Probably not...
Apparently they do. It looks like you'll have to do some leg work though.

From one of the fan sites:
Do PC mods work for the Mac?
Yes, they can work. However, a significant problem may occur if the mod uploader used a PC and includes .adm files. These files are the compressed version of the .dat files, which are the files that hold the information. The compression used on the PC and Mac are different, and thus if a Mac user tries to load a mod that includes PC-based .adm files, or vice-versa, the game will likely crash. In the future we will warn uploaders to remove all .adm files from their mods to promote compatibility and lower file sizes.

Where do I install my mods?
Mods should be unzipped to ~user\Library\Application Support\Runic Games\Torchlight\Mods\
link

kafiend

Is it the 4th yet?

Last week Endless Space announced their release date for the 4th. They would have to be insane to set their release date for the first day of the sale. Or absolute morons not to have asked the question "Does this release date clash with anything that could impact our sales"?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
My list of things to buy keep increasing, and i already spent so much. I am still downloading stuff i bought recently, 74gb worth of stuff so far on my slow connection. I don't think i'll ever be able to play anything soon.

Last week Endless Space announced their release date for the 4th. They would have to be insane to set their release date for the first day of the sale. Or absolute morons not to have asked the question "Does this release date clash with anything that could impact our sales"?
Unless they're planning to emulate the Oddbox.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You people were right, scaring Tony away only to go back to a million when is the sale posts was much better.
Fuck no. We need more easily google answers about if X from Amazon activates on Steam! Maybe 2 months of "Does the steam summer sale start yet?" to top it off.

Derrick01

Banned
Fuck no. We need more easily google answers about if X from Amazon activates on Steam!

We do this anyway! lol. Someone else brings the deals over here and then we get the steamworks questions. Gabe created a monster, the only solution is to make every PC game steamworks.

Blizzard

Banned
But then you get stuck with shit that you don't ever want to play. It added like 15 games to my "Ughh" category.
Lol, that was what I was thinking about the Bethesda pack someone mentioned. "Skyrim, I already have that. Brink...can I pay them to REMOVE it from my library?"

Why do some keep pulling the 12th out of their ass? That's a little random. Why not the 6th of August if we're just gonna be random about it?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I just realized that Dark Souls and Guild Wars 2 release a day apart...argh what a dilemma...

I have to say it

Shoddy but acceptable PC port vs awesome and PC centric online MMO. I think I choose the newer game and wait for Dark to go on sale. I am waiting on word from buyers before I even consider Dark Souls though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom