• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say it

Shoddy but acceptable PC port vs awesome and PC centric online MMO. I think I choose the newer game and wait for Dark to go on sale. I am waiting on word from buyers before I even consider Dark Souls though.

Oh I'm definitely getting both but GW2 I already preordered and will be playing Day 1. DS is an excellent game

I have to say it

Shoddy but acceptable PC port vs awesome and PC centric online MMO. I think I choose the newer game and wait for Dark to go on sale. I am waiting on word from buyers before I even consider Dark Souls though.

Yeah I agree, should be ok but some red flags with dark souls. I also doubt it will get match patching if it isn't good from day 1.

Blizzard

Banned
Why do some keep pulling the 12th out of their ass? That's a little random. Why not the 6th of August if we're just gonna be random about it?
Because I thought one or two developers said that (but then later said they might have been guessing), TF2 items expire just before that date, it's a Thursday (unlike today, tomorrow, etc.)...it was the original date I was expecting, until people got all hyped about the 28th and a couple of developer packs started updating.

Ok, people, help me out.

Arcania Gothic 4 - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ARCANIA/arcania-gothic-4

Is it worth $9.98?

I know its an open world RPG (I like those) but I heard some bad things about it.

Not sure what to do.

Help me, Gaffers :)

Factor in I am not a big fan of the style of game (hate skyrim for instance) but I picked up gothic 4 off steam and didn't get much out of it. All a bit clunky and very hard to get into what story there is. I would pass at $10

Sanic

Free or free to play games won't show up in the games library if you install steam on another computer, but will they if you've purchased any content for them? For example, the starter pack for Tribes.

Sshhh...we're not allowed to talk about non-Steam matters here. Or else some people gets angry.

Sorry don't think we're allowed to talk about non steam games here. :p.

How can I know if a game can be activated on Steam or not before I buy it? Some of the games I bought on Amazon, I asked about them before I bought here and they were activated on Steam.

Looks like a fake Skyrim

There's a demo. Try that first. I couldn't bring myself to finish the demo and I remind myself of that each time I'm tempted to buy it.

You can download the demo on Steam, so it's on topic! http://store.steampowered.com/app/39690/

Will see the demo. From what I have read, it doesnt look too promising. I also have a lot of other games to play. I think Im gonna sit this one out.

Derrick01

Banned
Ok, people, help me out.

Arcania Gothic 4 - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ARCANIA/arcania-gothic-4

Is it worth $9.98?

I know its an open world RPG (I like those) but I heard some bad things about it.

Not sure what to do.

Help me, Gaffers :)

I think it's not as open world as the other gothic games, and dumbed down a bit. Someone who's an expert on the whole series would have to do in more detail, I'm just trying to remember the complaints I saw.

Looks like a fake Skyrim

That would make it a hardcore wrpg, which I know for sure Gothic 4 is not.

tsumineko

There is no sale this year, because they are just about to announce that Steam is becoming a subscription based service and all games are free to play.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
grNYK.png

Just thought I'd share something posted elsewhere.

koolaroo

The support guy would not say that he can realate I've dealt with lots of customer service people and the most they will say is "thank you for your understanding".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom