• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Man, for some reason I can't get The Walking Dead (episode 2 now) to work. I don't think I'm forcing AA from the drivers, I uninstalled Catalyst, and Radeon Pro is not up when I play the game. Ep1 worked fine at the time. Turing AA on or off in game only produces minor differences. Tried a reinstall yesterday.

sazzy

can't register all of the games on steam

amazon loses

sorry tony

Cheers,
Glass Rebel

This is how I do it:

Cheapest + Steam/Steamworks > Cheapest > Steam/Steamworks

I don't like Valve or Gabe THAT much that I would spend more money just to get a Steam version :)

MRORANGE

Do you just have to run a virus scan to make sure the skin is safe or is there something else to it as well?

don't trust any .exe files I guess, it often resulted VAC bans in the past, not sure how skins are used these days.

A virus scan won't hurt if your really paranoid.

This is how I do it:

Cheapest + Steam/Steamworks > Cheapest > Steam/Steamworks

I don't like Valve or Gabe THAT much that I would spend more money just to get a Steam version :)

sending this post to gaben

kiss your steam account goodbye

Steam or GOG only for me, I already own way too many games, it'd be a complete disaster if I spread out too much

Do you just have to run a virus scan to make sure the skin is safe or is there something else to it as well?

Most of them are pics and config files so there is probably no need for a special virus scan.
But they may not look the same with the screenshots because of resolution differences.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
most probably it will go on sale, don't expect a huge discount though.

oh some gabe gifs I did from that BPM interview from yesterday:

iAess9fdI5TAc.gif

ih1ujWcMEFiEe.gif

kinda looks like robin williams in those

Is it legal to give away or trade the Steam keys of games I already own that come with the Humble Bundle or other bundles? It's hard to get a clear answer.

MRORANGE

Is it legal to give away or trade the Steam keys of games I already own that come with the Humble Bundle or other bundles? It's hard to get a clear answer.

give away: yes
trade or sell: it's a grey matter, some people say yes, some people say no. I think some bundle website's have TOS so best to check there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
give away: yes
trade or sell: it's a grey matter, some people say yes, some people say no. I think some bundle website's have TOS so best to check there.

Thanks. I have an unused Humble Bundle 3, so I'm not sure what to do with it.

--

Also, is it likely that Quantum Conundrum would go on sale in the Summer sale? I'm ridiculously interested in that game. If not, I'll likely just wait for it to go down in price.

gdt

Guys, we already know that it might start this Thursday, but more likely next Thursday in line with those dev comments from awhile ago. Stop obsessing!

Blizzard

Banned
Or the 12th

Basically, my only theory for this day is that this wednesday/thursday Valve is off because of the holiday, and also the 11th is when TF2's Pyromania event ends.
I figure most signs have pointed to the 12th from the start, with the dev comments from weeks ago, the TF2 items expiring, it being a Thursday, etc. The only reason last month seemed like a possibility was because of the previous years and because a couple of dev packs got updated. Presumably there will be a lot more registry updates just before the actual sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom