• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinduct

Hey Guys the sales on!

Final Fantasy
(Offer ends 18/7/2012)
Was €9.99/£7.99 – Now €4.99/£3.99

Final Fantasy II
(Offer ends 18/7/2012)

DISSIDIA 012 [Duodecim] FINAL FANTASY
(Offer ends 18/7/2012)
Was €19.99/£15.99 – Now €9.99/£7.99

Dissidia Final Fantasy
(Offer ends 18/7/2012)
Was €17.99/£13.99 – Now €8.99/£7.29

DISSIDIA duodecim prologus
(Offer ends 18/7/2012)
Was €1.49/£1.19 – Now €0.75/£0.59

FINAL FANTASY Tactics: War of Lions
(Offer ends 18/7/2012)

FINAL FANTASY IV: Complete Collection
(Offer ends 18/7/2012)

The 3rd Birthday
(Offer ends 18/7/2012)

OMG! So good!

So I ask again:

Do we have solid information on the SecuROM situation of Crysis 1 + Warhead? Was the activation limit raised for the Steam version as well or not? Thanks in advance.

MRORANGE

So I ask again:

Do we have solid information on the SecuROM situation of Crysis 1 + Warhead? Was the activation limit raised for the Steam version as well or not? Thanks in advance.

I think it's just for retail versions, if you want a clear cut answer you need to contact Cry-Tom in the crysis forums. (he's a community mod)

Crub

We will probably have to wait till the weekend.

Looking at upcomming releases there is one game releasing tomorrow, then there are no other releases until the 26:th. I think it's pretty safe to assume the sale will happen during that frame.

kafiend

Looking at upcomming releases there is one game releasing tomorrow, then there are no other releases until the 26:th. I think it's pretty safe to assume the sale will happen during that frame.

Less sense please.

Tomodachi

I wanna die right now. ARE YOU HAPPY?

ShaneB

It felt weird enough to not have the sale going on during Canada Day weekend, but it'll seem extra odd to not have the sale during July 4th weekend for the yanks. Not getting my hopes up, but getting a sale started today sure would be wonderful.

ghostmind

Stop doing this to yourselves.

When it comes to Valve, expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised when something actually happens.

jarosh

I know we're only supposed to be making one-line filler posts while waiting for the sale, but I thought I'd ask this anyway (don't really wanna bump the OT):

Does Alan Wake ever get better? I've been playing for about 3ish hours and I'm still wondering if it ever turns into an actual game or if it's just all gonna be insufferable cutscenes and barely interactive cinematic "adventuring" sequences only interrupted by short, mediocre shootbang sections from here on out? I mean, it's painful enough having to suffer through the abysmal writing and the ludicrous animation (or lack thereof). If only the actual gameplay - what little there is - were any good...

So, yeah, can I expect the rest of the game to be just like this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know we're only supposed to be making one-line filler posts while waiting for the sale, but I thought I'd ask anyway:

Does Alan Wake ever get better? I've been playing for about 3ish hours and I'm still wondering if it ever turns into an actual game or if it's just all gonna be insufferable cutscenes and barely interactive cinematic "adventuring" sequences only interrupted by short, mediocre shootbang sections from here on out? I mean, it's painful enough having to suffer through the abysmal writing and the ludicrous animation (or lack thereof). If only the actual gameplay - what little there is - were any good...

Pretty much, though it does open up a little bit towards the end.

Edit: Earlier on you're given a car and a destination, but you're free to explore the few side attractions along the way, and when you're on your way to the Anderson farm, that section is similarly "wide linear".

Joe Molotov

I know we're only supposed to be making one-line filler posts while waiting for the sale, but I thought I'd ask this anyway (don't really wanna bump the OT):

Once you get past the first few hours, there's less cutscenes it's almost all shootbang until the end. But yeah, pretty much.

I know we're only supposed to be making one-line filler posts while waiting for the sale, but I thought I'd ask anyway:

If u dont like the game after the first 3 hours u should stop playing it. The game is more about a very good story. It has one memorable gameplay moment (the concert) but thats it. The rest is just epic story.

Persona7

Banned
QFgck.png

I wish that they would Sponsor Adventures of Shuggy.

kharma45

If u dont like the game after the first 3 hours u should stop playing it. The game is more about a very good story. It has one memorable gameplay moment (the concert) but thats it. The rest is just epic story.

Yeah I finished it yesterday, that was the only bit that stood out to me in the whole game.

Wouldn't go as far as to call the story epic, it wasn't bad.

jarosh

Thanks guys, appreciate the input!

If the game really *is* primarily about the story and nothing much will change about the structure either, I might as well quit now. I mean, the plot itself might turn not to be so bad (although I have my doubts), but the writing is seriously sub-Bioware level tripe. Just, ugh... And I don't know how anyone can take it seriously either considering the "performances". I honestly break into laughter every time one of the characters emotes or just talks - just *wow* at the animation.

Yeah I finished it yesterday, that was the only bit that stood out to me in the whole game.

Wouldn't go as far as to call the story epic, it wasn't bad.

For me it was a epic story because it was unique and it fit quite nice into the bottle of twilight zone stories. And it was a sophisticated story and not just a hurr-durr-you-bad-im-gud story

I've been trying to play some games while waiting for the sale to start. And with games I mean Batman Arkham Asylum. So far I don't really see what people have been raving about.

Well done but not especially fresh 3rd person sneak/action which I would gladly play if the rest of the game wasn't so awful. I'm over 30 and can't get over the design and story/dialogue. I know videogames usually have a pretty low bar but everything in this game is something that perhaps a 12 year old would find cool or believable. Batman and everyone else looks like escaped roid monsters from Jersey.

Not sure why this game bugs me so much, played lots of others with a similar look. Don't think I will finish it due to this, which is sad because it is quite fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom