• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

I wish that they would Sponsor Adventures of Shuggy.

The game is good but did not sell well.

Shuggy has been out on Steam for about 3 weeks now and the sales haven't quite lived up to the hype I'd heard about releasing a game on Steam. In fact, they've been even worse than the sales for the XBLA version. Still, I've been getting some good feedback from people that have really enjoyed the game which always gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling thinking that people out there are actually playing something I've made. I'll need to get a demo of the game out there so people can try the game before deciding to splash their cash on it!

Source: Blog.

What a fucking joke. The deals are so shit.

Everyone keeps praising Steam, so far i am not seeing what's so great.

This is how I feel but I have only had my computer up and running for about a month.

most of these deal suck because they know a sale is coming right?

Never played much of Commnad & Conquer games?

Only the first 2 and not a lot.

Im interested though.

Should I get 3 or 4?

If 3, with DLC or no?

Driver: San Francisco is also getting an update. Probably meaningless, considering I can't see Ubi changing anything in-game to reflect a Steam sale, but just a heads-up.

MRORANGE

Sale is not happening. Move on guys

iAess9fdI5TAc.gif

kswiston

It's pretty bad that I am tempted to buy Legendary for $1.70. I have dozens of better games to play in my backlog, but something with decent graphics for <$2 seems like a steal.

HoosTrax

When did you join Steam again? You had the entire Dawn of War franchise on sale last weekend, which would have given you hundreds of hours worth of gameplay. Or do you have a really narrow range of interests as far as game genres.

Interfectum

Did you join Steam last week?

These deals are going to be shit because all the big ones will be held back for the summer sale. This is par for the course.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

1-D_FTW

This is how I feel but I have only had my computer up and running for about a month.

most of these deal suck because they know a sale is coming right?

Most of the sales suck because that's what Daily Deals do. They suck. There's over a 1000 titles in the store and the odds that some random game you want, and don't already own, is going to get picked isn't high.

Seriously, I was hoping some of the posters in here were just joking around, but the thread title is truly deserved if you read the last couple pages.

Rofl.

Sorry that i don't think Gabe is god. Or should i say Gaben.

My steam account says 2003. Is that new or old ?

So i am right, it's shit ? Thanks.

Then perhaps you should know better, fair warning: we can see straight through your posts concerning Steam, my advice would be to stop trying to defend your stance.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Do major sales ever start that late (4pm PST)? I'm thinking the Cubeman Dev was on point with his date.

Pretty positive last year's midweek madness deal ended at 10AM and rolled right over into the Summer sale. I'm thinking that dev has it right too now.

Interfectum

Rofl.

Don't get cute. You said:

"so far?"

You've had a Steam account since 2003 and "so far" you are not seeing what's great? Is this the first time you've ever looked at the Steam store?

Do major sales ever start that late (4pm PST)? I'm thinking the Cubeman Dev was on point with his date.

I don't recall any Winter/Summer sale ever starting at 4 PM PT. I can't see the sale starting that late this year, and I also can't see it starting at the normal 10 am PT time and overlap for a few hours with a Midweek Madness deal. More than likely there will be no Summer sale this week.

If next Tuesday the Midweek Madness deal ends on Thursday at 10 am PT, however, then that will pretty much confirm the July 12th date mentioned by the Cubeman dev.

Pretty positive last year's midweek madness deal ended at 10AM and rolled right over into the Summer sale. I'm thinking that dev has it right too now.

Yep, Hydrophobia was the game, ended at 10 am PT on that Thursday.

Most of the sales suck because that's what Daily Deals do. They suck. There's over a 1000 titles in the store and the odds that some random game you want, and don't already own, is going to get picked isn't high.

Seriously, I was hoping some of the posters in here were just joking around, but the thread title is truly deserved if you read the last couple pages.

We just had Driver: San Fran for $7.50. I jumped on that. Really, the dailies just need to hit a game you want. Depending on what you already own and what your interests are, those odds can cary quite a bit. But the dailies aren't bad, by definition.

Salsa

Rofl.

2003 - 2012:

"so far"

does not compute

have you been sleep for 9 years and missed the best deals in PC gaming history?

This just confirms to me that if we have a sale it won't be till the end of July. I'm betting they are waiting till the Olympics in order to tie in the whole world for the sale. And that does not start till July 27th.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
2003 - 2012:

"so far"

does not compute

have you been sleep for 9 years and missed the best deals in gaming history?

So far since i got a new PC. Haven't been playing on PC for years. Everyone basks about how great Steam is, and "so far" i am not saying anything. Maybe the fabled Summer Sale will change that, but so far, it's shit, yes.

But this thread is pretty hilarious i must say, if you dare say bad things about Steam, you get jumped by the crowd of "regulars". Not the first time i see it happen in the last few days.

Anyway, i'm out of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom