• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like watching the gamer's online number on the store page go up to around 4.5 mil each day at around 12, so many tears will be shed today. UGG

Hating on Alan Wake and Arkham Asylum? The new thread title couldn't be more true. :p

Well I bought it so they got my money at least. Perhaps I should play Paradox titles exclusively while drinking whiskey and smoking a cigar, in my library, with my great manly beard...like the old gentleman I am.

18 minutes

today is the day

laughing.gif

I played a bit of Alan Wake the other day

For someone that's supposed to be an esteemed writer, his manuscripts read like they were written by a 10 year old.

Stylistically, I quite like it. Also, that Twilight Zone quantum suicide thing was pretty sweet. Everything relating to Alan Wake the character has been abysmal

I want to punch him in the face so bad

kswiston

So after today's disappointment, will we get a respite until at least Thursday, or will people be convinced the sale is starting tomorrow as well?

The best part of this is when the sale comes up people are going to be like "But I already have Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead 2! Skyrim? So last year. These sales are HORRIBLE!"

Czigga

Fools! You should not buy the daily deal game. This only reinforces their notion that the longer they keep withholding the summer sale the more money they'll make in the meantime.

If we all boycotted Steam from the beginning of June and they got no sales, I guarantee we'd have the summber sale by now.

Midweek Madness is -75% off C&C games. Bwa bwa bwaaaaaahhhh.

Edit: And C&C 3 is $7.50 again? When will they lower the damn price to make it $5? I wish there was a C&C pack for $15 or something. I'd pick that up for sure. As-is, It'd be $27.50 to pick it all up, which is a bit much.

And, yes, for completionist's sake, I'd need to pick up C&C 4, haha

HoosTrax

I kind of wish C&C Renegade was on there. In retrospect, it was a probably a janky B-quality game, but I remember enjoying it as a kid (maybe I didn't know any better and didn't have enough games to compare it to).

Rock of Ages is also having a big update (841.7 MB).

Updates to Rock of Ages have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- New game mode: Obstacle Course. Race an opponent to the finish line avoiding enemy units while searching for powerups. Both players compete on the same course and the first to earn two points wins the match! Game mode is available for online play, split-screen versus and also against an AI opponent.
- Tweaked player respawn so it's harder to use as an exploit.
- Invites window menu is displaying properly.
- Fixed flyer bug that was causing some units to not fire when they should.

Nabs

Yo, Rock of Ages is awesome. I had a lot of fun with the multiplayer and campaign.

Rock of Ages is also having a big update (841.7 MB).

Patch Notes said:
- New game mode: Obstacle Course. Race an opponent to the finish line avoiding enemy units while searching for powerups. Both players compete on the same course and the first to earn two points wins the match! Game mode is available for online play, split-screen versus and also against an AI opponent.
- Tweaked player respawn so it's harder to use as an exploit.
- Invites window menu is displaying properly.
- Fixed flyer bug that was causing some units to not fire when they should.
So... Friday?

The 12th.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
What a fucking joke. The deals are so shit.

Everyone keeps praising Steam, so far i am not seeing what's so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom