• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to start trouble, but you are obviously posting with the interests of Amazon in mind. Are you saying that you are posting here outside of your working hours, in your spare time, with the logo of your employer as avatar, in your username, and constantly telling us about whatever is going on on the Amazon website? It's cool to have industry insiders post on GAF and mingle with the crowd, but this is just blatantly trying to profit from the community. Might as well buy an ad.

Profit from the community?

Amazon is a store. Of course, they want profit.

Now, he comes here, open and honest about who he is, talking about great deals and you think that`s shady?

What the hell kind of world are you living in?

EDIT - There was more stuff in my post, but then I realized I posted on the wrong thread, lol. :D

I don't want to start trouble, but you are obviously posting with the interests of Amazon in mind. Are you saying that you are posting here outside of your working hours, in your spare time, with the logo of your employer as avatar, in your username, and constantly telling us about whatever is going on on the Amazon website? It's cool to have industry insiders post on GAF and mingle with the crowd, but this is just blatantly trying to profit from the community. Might as well buy an ad.

I assume the name and picture aren't only for marketing of the company, I believe it is required that he has those (or is tagged) so it is clear that he is from Amazon for GAF members and might have his interests there.

And he tries to not mention Amazon outside of the Amazon thread, so I'm ok with it.

You've been a member of this forum for a week. Who fucking cares what you think?

But in actuality, I'm sure you're just hiding behind an alt like a pussy.

I am just expressing my opinion, didn't mean to offend anyone. Pointing at my posting history/account status isn't really a valid response in my mind.

I am just expressing my opinion, didn't mean to offend anyone. Pointing at my posting history/account status isn't really a valid response in my mind.

If you would have taken the time to look at Tony's history you wouldn't have been so rude to have made that comment in the first place. sigh

He's been helping get games on sale that people on Gaf want. It's not like he's forcing shit we don't want down our throats.

ghostmind

Oh look, a backseat moderator. Your kind don't last long...

If you would have taken the time to look at Tony's history you wouldn't have been so rude to have made that comment in the first place. sigh

How is it rude? He is posting about Amazon sales in a handful of big community forums.. why is it so weird for me to deduct that he is a PR mouthpiece? Isn't he?

It's nice to know when there's a good sale going on somewhere, but isn't it the community's job to figure that out and post about it here? I'd love to see the reaction if Origin Jake suddenly started posting in the Amazon Deals thread.

Anyway, moving on..

Also I asked yesterday, but do you know if Amazon will start selling Steam gift cards or vouchers anytime soon, Tony?

I'm far from some Steam fanboy or anything but wouldn't this question be better placed in the Amazon thread? He regularly answers questions there. And he's doing a good job at it too fwiw.

Wok

Again, confused about the "PR mouthpiece account" comment...I participate in conversations regarding games I like, what I think about them, etc.

In fact, when another poster was asking about games to buy for his dad earlier this week, I directed him towards a competitor's sale:

[...]

To answer your question directly, no, I've not engaged in a business transaction with Neogaf.

I did ping the mods before posting though to make sure it was cool, which they said it was as long as I identified myself, which I do clearly, as working for the company.

Cheers,
Tony

Wow. If I designed an AI to pass Turing test, I would totally make it reply in this way.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
He's been helping get games on sale that people on Gaf want. It's not like he's forcing shit we don't want down our throats.

I have a feeling that this attitude would be completely different if he was a Valve rep.

How is it rude? He is posting about Amazon sales in a handful of big community forums.. why is it so weird for me to deduct that he is a PR mouthpiece? Isn't he?

It's nice to know when there's a good sale going on somewhere, but isn't it the community's job to figure that out and post about it here? I'd love to see the reaction if Origin Jake suddenly started posting in the Amazon Deals thread.

Anyway, moving on..

You're missing the fact that he's interactive, listens to our suggestions, answers our questions and is a direct line of communication to the people who make the decisions. He also joins in on the convo and is well liked around these parts.

Some people need to get out more and/or step away from the PC once in a while. Geesh.

I'm far from some Steam fanboy or anything but wouldn't this question be better placed in the Amazon thread? He regularly answers questions there. And he's doing a good job at it too fwiw.

Really?

sazzy

Anyway, moving on..

How long did it take you to deduce that someone with the name Amazon Video Gamer, Amazon.com tag, and Amazon in the avatar might possibly be working for *gasp* Amazon?

And he posts in the Steam deals thread primarily about Steam keys/Steamworks titles being sold on Amazon. Do you understand that?

VALIS

I'd love to see the reaction if Origin Jake suddenly started posting in the Amazon Deals thread.

Amazon is not a direct Steam competitor like Origin. In fact, like 95% of the games Tony has been talking about are ones that activate on Steam. Getting people to download and use Steam is a boon to them as well.

Anyway, moving on..

He seems like a nice guy who informs us about sales that we constantly ask for anyways.

He doesn't shitpost and he keeps the advertising in relevant threads.

*shrug*

Massive lol at Origin Jake though.

Businessman-181.gif

daebo

Holy crap this thread :lol

There seems to be a lot of upset people.

And I like the fact that there is transparency when it comes to Tony. At least you know what you are dealing with. It's the OT's that I worry about some times... Or other people with agendas... Folks who hate MS or hate Sony or hate Nintendo... This community is just crazy sometimes.

hamchan

Who cares?

kafiend

This is so weird.

Whats weird is that we talk in many different threads about companies not listening to their customer base. Then, when someone from a company talks openly about company stuff all some people can do is bitch about it.

Stop listening to me damnit I'm talking about you not listening. I'm not interested in listening to your God damnned responses.

right so...

Should I finish Rage? I played about 3 hours of it and got bored of having to race back and forth and make things, I have been meaning to reinstall and finish it, is it worth it?

Same thing for Skyrim, is the main quest worth completing? I got like 10 hours worth of just wandering around and got bored like I do with all ES games.

Tony is a cool dude. I prefer getting the info straight from him rather than someone just reposting what he wrote on CAG a bit early. At least this way he can answer questions and whatnot.

Also, Origin Jake should look like Ellis from Die Hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom