• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

it's in this time of need when I just stare and think about the deep meaning behind the words Gaben once sent me

ZeLPU.png

Guys, chill.

Take your Steam library, look for the lowest metacritic score in there, play that game for an hour, stop playing it and you'll realize:
a) life is not so shitty
b) sales hurt real people

That being said, I'd troll the fuck out of Origin Jake.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
You joined just because of Tony? That's...I don't even know. Impressive I guess? Tony seems like a cool guy and while we're all obviously on the internet here I don't get the "feeling" that he's being fake. I don't see what he would gain by that, no one's buying stuff just because they like Tony (I think), they're buying because of the insane deals that get put up. Being nice and doing bonus stuff to fix whatever problem a customer has is just going the extra mile and is greatly appreciated.

All I'll say is EA could use some people like him in the higher up positions, like in charge of running Origin's deals.

well, i've been lurking for months before that, but i really wanted to ask the man directly about stupid questions, and it was frustrating not to. only until after i made/applied for the account i learned he he was on CAG.

i mean.. i'm not stalking the guy or anything. seriously... i'm not a werido >_>

well, i've been lurking for months before that, but i really wanted to ask the man directly about stupid questions, and it was frustrating not to. only until after i made/applied for the account i learned he he was on CAG.

i mean.. i'm not stalking the guy or anything. seriously... i'm not a werido >_>

all-videos_adoringfan.jpg

Sorry, first thing that came to mind lol

And folks wonder why more gaming company representatives (of which there are dozens, if not hundreds on here) don't come out of the GAF Closet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hopefully that last statement cleared things up. It should have been clear yesterday that we should have moved on. Especially after Tony agreed to post only relevant things to Steam in this thread. Then we have this whole round of the same crap today.

I don't expect to have to sift through these posts again.

Smash88

Banned
Tony if you are reading this, why can't Canada have awesome deals? We are part of North America, we are your friendly neighbours to the North.

I don't understand why I have to go through hoops just to buy a product from Amazon, instead of it being offered to Amazon Canada as well. (I'm talking about the Steam deals such as MP3)

Also is there a reason Amazon doesn't support paypal?

sigh...

ShaneB

Tony if you are reading this, why can't Canada have awesome deals? We are part of North America, we are your friendly neighbours to the North.

I don't understand why I have to go through hoops just to buy a product from Amazon, instead of it being offered to Amazon Canada as well. (I'm talking about the Steam deals such as MP3)

sigh...

I hate to be that guy.. but.. read the OP in the Amazon thread =/. Just use a US billing address. It's really not a big deal.

edit: Unless these are the hoops you indeed mean... even still, like I said, it's not a big deal.

Megasoum

Banned

sigh...

I know right? We could even pay him in maple syrup!!! TONY! Think about the syrup!!!

And for paypal it's because Amazon has it's own version of paypal so they don't support the competitor. Obviously, I imagine that the Amazon paypal thing won't support a Canadian bank account.

Twinduct

sigh...

More like the Top hat of North America amiright?!

Nelo Ice

Banned
I hate to be that guy.. but.. read the OP in the Amazon thread =/. Just use a US billing address. It's really not a big deal.

Barely anyone reads my OP. I've tried to make my OP as idiot proof as possible but there's still a million questions that people ask that are nearly all answered in the OP lol.

Btw Tony answered the paypal thing earlier in this thread.

Smash88

Banned

I know, I've read the OP of the Amazon thread. It's just out of curiosity.

EDIT: Anyways sorry for going off-topic, since Tony is here I thought a small question could be answered - while we wait for the Summer Sale.

Megasoum

Banned
I've read the op too and I know for Paypal. The reason I asked in the first place a couple of days ago is because, for technical reasons, the only way I can pay stuff online right now is through paypal. I can't use my CC so unless the amazon equivalent lets me add my canadian bank account (I admit I haven't tried but I really doubt it would work) then I'm pretty much out of luck.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
For anyone who owns Crusader Kings II but not the following DLC, quote for Steam keys:

Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack

Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC

Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC

Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack

Koroviev

For anyone who owns Crusader Kings II but not the following DLC, quote for Steam keys:

Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack

Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC

Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC

Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack

Please let people know if you've used them, and I will edit my post.

Grabbed Mongols DLC. Thanks!

Smash88

Banned

csnIO.png

P.S. Orange who is the guy who has only been here a week and said your opinion doesn't matter?

This is a good question (the Canadian one) and one I've answered (poorly) before.

The short answer is, I don't know. I have only the loosest of grasp on international trade law so my only answer is that I know you need to have a US billing address to buy from us.

As for Paypal, they are a direct competitor, which is why we don't utilize their service as a payment option, similar to Bestbuy.com or Steam not taking Amazon giftcards as payment (although that would be legit).

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the prompt response Tony. Now I guess Amazon can only get their wits together and realize, Canada has the highest usage of bandwidth/internet in the world and that they are missing out on a big market.

sigh...

This is a good question (the Canadian one) and one I've answered (poorly) before.

The short answer is, I don't know. I have only the loosest of grasp on international trade law so my only answer is that I know you need to have a US billing address to buy from us.

As for Paypal, they are a direct competitor, which is why we don't utilize their service as a payment option, similar to Bestbuy.com or Steam not taking Amazon giftcards as payment (although that would be legit).

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony

Is that a question we should send to Canadian Tony?

Twinduct

Don't you ever speak like that again, lest Lord Gaben hears you. Then you will be paraded throughout the streets humiliated and hanged for treason.

Lord Gaben won't be able to read this, he's transcended the primitive mediums we use for communication!

[Just in case, Oh Gaben, we offer you SalsaShark as a offering to repent for our crimes! Do with her as you please!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom