• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Ugh, reports on HUKD of people outside the US getting their Amazon accounts suspended/banned for the US address trick. Not sure how true it is, but now I'm not sure if I want to risk it.

Would anyone from the US be willing to buy Binary Domain for me and send me the Steam key if I Paypal them the money?

Baha

Free games to whoever claims them first:

Oddworld Inhabitants Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Ugh, reports on HUKD of people outside the US getting their Amazon accounts suspended/banned for the US address trick. Not sure how true it is, but now I'm not sure if I want to risk it.

Would anyone from the US be willing to buy Binary Domain for me and send me the Steam key if I Paypal them the money?

I'm at work atm, but I can when I get home in about an hour or so.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Get in touch with me on Steam. Steam name is the same as my GAF name.

LQX

It's great whenever codes are given out but I think its better to do roll call of sort on who wants them. 9/10 some asshole uses the codes and don't say thanks.

Addnan

Is it just the one guy in the square Enix deal page? My account is fine.

Voidguts

As much as I wish it were otherwise, it's not very good. I think Shatter is considerably better even.

I'm sad to say that I agree. I like Breakout type games and LOVE Paul Robertson's sprite work but Wizorb is seriously just.. super boring to play.

once you've played Shatter you can't go back - it also has one of the best soundtracks ever.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Caved on Binary Domain. Woe betide you if it isn't good!

Wok

A new DLC (Warp Field Expansion Pack) for Xotic has been released.

The Warp Field DLC adds three new time-attack levels to Xotic. Each level comes with 4 game modes and new achievements to earn. Unlock the secrets of the warp field as you explore the mysterious energy conduit that teleports you between locations on the planet’s surface!

I don't remember if an indie bundle like beMine included future DLCs.

I don't remember if an indie bundle like beMine included future DLCs.

Yes, it did. Apparently this is the last one, too. That being said, I still don't see it tied to my Steam account, whereas the first two are.

By the way, looks like next week they'll launch Build a Bundle 2.

Enco

I guess it's best that I hadn't got BD yet.

Will probably pick it up on the Steam sale.

hlhbk

That's been my motto for quite some time and it works very well. I'm always "behind" on games but end up saving a fortune in the long run.

To put it into perspective, I'm just now playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I only spent $5ish on it. It's just as fantastic now as it was when it originally came out.

That is all fine and well, but if gamers as a whole start doing this games like Deus Ex HR will stop being made. Full $50/60 sales are what makes a game successful, and it a large portion of the gamers wait till its $5 to buy the game you aren't supporting the game enough for the publisher to sign off on a sequal.

camerooni

Neo Member
I guess it's best that I hadn't got BD yet.

Will probably pick it up on the Steam sale.

Hah, I think ill still get it off Amazon today.. they can ban me.. shipping prices to Australia are terribad and they seem to refuse to ship anything that isn't a book or DVD.

Bookdepository.co.uk all the way..
..oh.

That is exactly why I didn't do any billing address shenanigans to partake in the Amazon.com DD sales. It's stupid that it's even regional in the first place.

dLMN8R

Gearbox confirmed that the PC version of Borderlands 2 will have split-screen play. It's also using Steamworks.

Borderlands 2 + Big Picture Mode plz?

MRORANGE

The thing is that PC games in HK are extremely cheap already, day 1 releases cost half what we normally play, although these keys tend to be region restricted on Steam (same with Russian keys). I blame publishers for this.

Mrbob

^^^^

If I remember right, the PC version of Hero Academy is not F2P. It will be a paid game but you get all the game content.

must be late to the party but there is a Orcs Must Die 2 ?

has

Single-player
Co-op
Steam Achievements
Steam Leaderboards
Steam Cloud

I didn't realize OMD2 was coming out till about a month ago. My body is ready.

feel

Mmm.. this is worrying, I'm in latin america and used the address of my package forwarding service's office in Miami, exact same address I've sent thousands and thousands of dollars worth of products to over the years. I hope they're only frowning upon actual fake addresses created just for this.

PaulLFC

Binary Domain offers? What did I miss? lol
Nothing really, I asked if anyone could buy Binary Domain for me off Amazon US and I Paypal them the money and a few people offered to. :)

Mmm.. this is worrying, I'm in latin america and used the address of my package forwarding service's office in Miami, exact same address I've sent thousands and thousands of dollars worth of products to over the years. I hope they're only frowning upon actual fake addresses created just for this.
It's probably nothing to worry about, I know the reports of people with no problems far outweigh those of people who had problems, of which I've only seen 2 or 3. I'm just more wary of it than I probably should be is all. Plus you used a real, actual address that can send packages to you, so I'd say you have nothing to worry about - if Amazon do anything, just explain the situation and you'll be fine. I'd assume the only problems would come from obviously fake addresses.

kswiston

I have an extra Lara Croft Guardian of Light Key. First to quote can have it. Please refrain from claiming the game if you are not going to play it in the near future.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh, it already exists... and it's like a strategy board game... not into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom