• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomsk

Party Pooper
40mb-ish updates for

EYE Divine Cybermancy
Rock of Ages
Alien Swarm

anyone see more? I have a bunch of games I finished uninstalled...

Baha

40mb-ish updates for

EYE Divine Cybermancy
Rock of Ages
Alien Swarm

anything see more? I have a bunch of games I finished uninstalled...

any new achievements added?

[EDIT] Alien Swarm update is for the SDK it seems:
-Added shader source code.
- Matchmaking system supports mods with more than 4 players.
- Mods store their config.cfg separately from the base game.

Joe Molotov

Flatout 3 just got a patch related to the Summer Sale:

Release notes:

Final additions on Polish translation
3 new cars to support the steam sale
(Rattler, Pink Flamingo, Power Pony )

Czech translations
Integration of new Spanish text strings

Too bad the game's supposed to be terrible. :\

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
CS:GO randomly show up in anyone else's library? I don't even remember signing up to get in the beta

I don't know, but i have a dumb question. Do beta participants get the full version when the game is finished? Answer is probably no but you never know.

Caerith

To be fair, I do try that first, but anyone who wanted any of the games I was giving already owned them and didn't want the others.
Aye, and the "gift this to a friend" part of the inventory could really use some filters.

On that note, time to catch up on the GAF Steam ID list to find someone who wants but somehow does not have the (sorta-)oldest game on Steam.

I don't know, but i have a dumb question. Do beta participants get the full version when the game is finished? Answer is probably no but you never know.
Hard to say. Valve has had three betas I'm aware of: TF2, Dota 2, and CS:GO. One requires that you already own the game, the other two aren't out yet, and at least two of those are F2P.

HoosTrax

CS:GO randomly show up in anyone else's library? I don't even remember signing up to get in the beta
Same here. I never signed up for a CS:GO beta :\ .

I feel kind of bad for getting a DOTA 2 invite within 2 weeks, and now a CS:GO ("I never asked for this") beta key when they are people waiting ages for one of these.

Does anyone want this? (only if you intend to actually play it and not for resale)

edit: Given to IblisGinjo, glhf

Same here. I never signed up for a CS:GO beta :\ .

I feel kind of bad for getting a DOTA 2 invite within 2 weeks, and now a CS:GO ("I never asked for this") beta key when they are people waiting ages for one of these.

Does anyone want this? (only if you intend to actually play it and not for resale)

I do *Edit* Thank you very much!

klez

Still got one more space on torchlight 2 4 pack, pm me if you're interested.

-myself
-nickelpat
-QuantumBro
-\\\\\\\\\

Blizzard

Banned
I don't see CS:GO though I was kind of interested. I don't remember if I signed up, but if I did sign up I probably didn't go all the way through the process.

haikira

In response to people randomly getting the CS:GO Beta, in their library, and not me.

a05ZA.gif

Card Boy

Banned
Now everybody gets to see how much of a disappointment CS:GO is compared to CS1.6 and Source. Not even Valve knows how to remake Counter-Strike.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Flatout 3 just got a patch related to the Summer Sale:

Too bad the game's supposed to be terrible. :\
lol trying to trick us into buying the worst one

Now everybody gets to see how much of a disappointment CS:GO is compared to CS1.6 and Source. Not even Valve knows how to remake Counter-Strike.
I think it's kickass.

Got the beta too, even after getting a invite before and giving it to a friend. I actually thing it isn't that bad. At first the best way I could describe the game would be generic...but it is really growing on me.

I fucking get puzzled when people bring up the "not even the people that made the game know how to make it" argument.

It's their product.

It wasn't originally though. Personally I can't stand CS Source compared to the original(Pre-Valve). I started playing it when it was first made public.

kafiend

I fucking get puzzled when people bring up the "not even the people that made the game know how to make it" argument.

It's their product.

Look, not even people that know how to do stuff can do stuff. Its like saying that people that understand shit can have a shit. Just cos you know what crap is it doesn't mean you can do crap right? These people think that their shit smells like shit but it doesn't, it smells like roses.
When their game smells like roses but they need to take a shit then that's when these people don't know how to make it.

Look, not even people that know how to do stuff can do stuff. Its like saying that people that understand shit can have a shit. Just cos you know what crap is it doesn't mean you can do crap right? These people think that their shit smells like shit but it doesn't, it smells like roses.
When their game smells like roses but they need to take a shit then that's when these people don't know how to make it.

^^lmfao

You know they like hired those people right? They didn't just start making their own cs...

It's more than the Source engine that affected CS. Recoil was seriously nerfed,models are gigantic compared to 1.6 (heads are more than 70% bigger in source), and many other changes that made the game just way too easy and lowered the skill cap. It's not uncommon in 1.6 to see the best player on the server with a 50-5 score, whereas in Source that same player would go 30-10. High skill caps is what makes games like dota 2 and CS 1.6 great. Most days, including today if you look at Steams gameplay stats, more people will be playing 1.6 than Source.

Anyone who says that someone who prefers 1.6 is a "hipster" really has no idea about anything having to do with CS. 1.6 has long been preferred compared to CS:sources slow and sluggish gameplay with kiddie skill cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom