• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifon

Is it just the one guy in the square Enix deal page? My account is fine.

My account is also fine. I wouldn't care if they closed it anyway - I'd just go make another. No biggie...

In fairness I rarely use Amazon, I find their service to be poor for preorders unless you fork out for delivery. The only time I use them now is for odd bits and bobs like earphones and gifts.

EDIT - (In the UK)

Game Guru

I would love to play it thanks.

^^' Sorry, I had already beat you to it. Thank you for giving me this game... it's the one Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider game I had been missing in my collection. I'll definitely enjoy it. I'm a big Tomb Raider fan... though that new one coming out worries me like Angel of Darkness did years ago.

Blizzard

Banned
Weirdly specific annoyance: Does anyone else get a Steam connection failure the first time they boot their computer? Once it comes up, I can close the message and restart Steam, which works, but it's kind of disconcerting. And I don't think it's because of my internet not being up yet, though I could be totally wrong.

Drillow

Weirdly specific annoyance: Does anyone else get a Steam connection failure the first time they boot their computer? Once it comes up, I can close the message and restart Steam, which works, but it's kind of disconcerting. And I don't think it's because of my internet not being up yet, though I could be totally wrong.

Yeah, same here. I'm getting that error since a few weeks ago.

^^' Sorry, I had already beat you to it. Thank you for giving me this game... it's the one Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider game I had been missing in my collection. I'll definitely enjoy it. I'm a big Tomb Raider fan... though that new one coming out worries me like Angel of Darkness did years ago.

Whoops didn't notice that. Nice pick up. :)

PaulLFC

Damn, missed Payday :( If anyone else is making a four pack, count me in :)

More bundles have been added; Foreign Legion Bundle and Carpe Fulgur Bundle

klez

On a different note, anyone is still looking for a torchlight 2 4 pack or interested in one (I know I'm lttp)? I can do the hosting if need so pm me if interested.

Since a pack is going on I'm going to quote myself again, I still got 2 spot remaining.

Thanks! I'm always a bit embarrassed about being a bit rude when I'm having to beat the clock, but I always try to thank whoever gave me a gift once I had gotten it! I do hope you can find a deal for a copy yourself.

First in first served mate. It's all good.

Nothing rude about awesome people gifting copies and you wanting them. :) Most people pay it forward.

robbed

Neo Member
Damn, missed Payday :( If anyone else is making a four pack, count me in :)

I'm interested in Payday too, but I don't like using paypal. If there's a group that is ok with me sending the host my share in an amazon gift certificate before the purchase, let me know.

DUDE, THANK THE GUY AT LEAST :|
Meh, got it for free anyway myself.

Edit: Oh, if anyone wants Commandos BEL, Commandos BCD or The Void, grab em from below (quote this). Also got that one double (well, triple actually but gave away the others already) with the Indie Gala.

Caerith

That is all fine and well, but if gamers as a whole start doing this games like Deus Ex HR will stop being made. Full $50/60 sales are what makes a game successful, and it a large portion of the gamers wait till its $5 to buy the game you aren't supporting the game enough for the publisher to sign off on a sequal.
Well, lots of games have long tails with discounted prices and Steam sales, so it depends on your definition of success. Having lots of upfront Day 1 sales though does tend to impress publishers, like we saw when Square-Enix drove a dumptruck full of money up to Eidos Montreal after DXHR's launch.

Tess3ract

Banned
Co-op in OMD2 is amazing news.
slowpoke.png

Whenever I give things away, not as much as I should, I always do it through quote and pm. It's worth the ten minutes to just not give it to someone not even courteous enough to say thanks.

That is all fine and well, but if gamers as a whole start doing this games like Deus Ex HR will stop being made. Full $50/60 sales are what makes a game successful, and it a large portion of the gamers wait till its $5 to buy the game you aren't supporting the game enough for the publisher to sign off on a sequal.

Sure, but as a consumer I owe it to myself to get the cheapest legal deal on an item I possibly can. I feel no particular loyalty to a game developer or publisher. Just swapping my money for their particular good or service.

The catch is that I have to wait while others are enjoying the game. It's a worthwhile trade off in my opinion.

Blizzard

Banned
That wasn't exactly my question. My question is more like "are the RPG elements as horrid as the gravity manipulation mechanic in Shatter?"
See, the problem is that by using that question you are by implying the gravity mechanic is horrid.

I thought the gravity mechanic was a good addition, and I liked Shatter. That's an opinion, and one I disagree on. Am I the only person who likes Shatter? I kind of doubt it, but maybe I'm wrong?

So were you just trying to find someone else who didn't like Shatter and who also liked Wizorb, and hoped their equivalent tastes matched yours? :p Wizorb doesn't have RPG elements according to an earlier poster, I believe.

Game Guru

First in first served mate. It's all good.

Nothing rude about awesome people gifting copies and you wanting them. :) Most people pay it forward.

Speaking of which, I just paid mine forward in another topic.

Whenever I give things away, not as much as I should, I always do it through quote and pm. It's worth the ten minutes to just not give it to someone not even courteous enough to say thanks.

Quote and PM is definitely the best way for giving away stuff.

PaulLFC

A Batman Bundle's just been added - Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Gotham City Imposters. Price says $9.99 but that has to be a mistyped placeholder (placeholder price is usually $99.99)

A Batman Bundle's just been added - Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Gotham City Imposters. Price says $9.99 but that has to be a mistyped placeholder (placeholder price is usually $99.99

Very nice pack. Gotham City Impostors is quite fun and obviously the AA games are brilliant.

Quote and PM is definitely the best way for giving away stuff.
Yeah, I guess so. Put some keys from the Indie Gala up in my earlier post (some games which everyone probably already has :p), but going to stick to PM from here on for other titles I get double and going to give away.

A Batman Bundle's just been added - Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Gotham City Imposters. Price says $9.99 but that has to be a mistyped placeholder (placeholder price is usually $99.99
Depending on the actual price during the sale, this is a very interesting pack. But is Gotham City Imposters still a bit active online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom