• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, shit. ._.
It's a security feature, I suppose. Could have thought of that... Oh well, guess I'll just scrap the digit guessing thing.

OK, so now they are complete, but I still won't tell you what they are. Tell me which don't work so I can strike them off.

Two DLC codes left as well.

Sanctum Violator
Sanctum Penetrator

Thanks I got #3 which was Zombie Shooter.

Card Boy

Banned
My brother's friend's who's older uncle's step son who is with his ex finance who has a adopted daughter who has a unknown twin sister who knows the local grocery clerk who is friend's with the person who is a janitor at Valve HQ said that the Steam Sale is today

#legitimate source

Kotaku have gone on less before.

The_End

Well, shit. ._.
It's a security feature, I suppose. Could have thought of that... Oh well, guess I'll just scrap the digit guessing thing.

OK, so now they are complete, but I still won't tell you what they are. Tell me which don't work so I can strike them off.

Sanctum Violator
Sanctum Penetrator

I grabbed Sanctum Penetrator. Thanks. :)

Well, shit. ._.

3 gone
7 poof

Sanctum Violator
Sanctum Penetrator

4,5,6 gives me duplicate error. Seems they have been used already. Can anyone confirm it? Now I get the invalid-code again, since I tried to use the three it seems.

Still thanks~

Risgroo

My new PC should arrive sometime today, looking forward to finally trying PC gaming. Time to buy everything that goes on sale!

hlhbk

My new PC should arrive sometime today, looking forward to finally trying PC gaming. Time to buy everything that goes on sale!

Let me warn you and everyone getting into pc gaming that while it is by far the best gaming experience not to get frustrated when technical issues happen. If you do not want to troubleshoot technical issues pc gaming might not be for you. You need to be patient and learn as much as possible. Google is your best friend, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder what's today's daily deal.

And darn, I already spent 30 bucks on games outside of steam lol

Derrick01

Banned
where did you guys get DNF for a dollar?

Sorry about the late reply but sometime later last year Amazon was selling the PC DD version for $6 with a $5 bonus credit, and I had used a $5 credit I previously got for buying The Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex.

anddo0

Help with Bioshock 2.

It locks up at the splash screen, freezing my entire laptop (can't do anything other than logging off) It states that my video card is below the requirements. I have a 7970m, so that's incorrect. I've re-installed GWFL, changed the windows compatibility to 2000. Nothing works.

Has anyone got this game to work in Win7 64bit?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I like how we avoided a possible Dark Knight Rises reference there. I have a good feeling about this page.

Zizbuka

Banned
Since I have 900+ Steam games, bundles are pretty much out of the question for me. They need some kind of build-a-bundle option.

The last few sales I always looked at my game count, seeing it steadily rise and felt bad about buying new games. Now that I've broken the 300-barrier I don't even give a fuck anymore. It's not like I can go back so I might as well go all the way and do another 300.

What I'm trying to say is, where the fuck is my sale.

I think the sale will start today. I know many still say the 12th but Midweek Madness will start tomorrow and that doesn't end until 4PM PST...

The weekend deal ends at 10AM PST.

bigace33

Since I have 900+ Steam games, bundles are pretty much out of the question for me. They need some kind of build-a-bundle option.

lol 900 games. I'm even more convinced that collecting games is just as much a game as playing them. I thought my 80+ was over kill. 900 is just flat out nuts. You should do the right thing and gift some of those games out, because you will never ,ever play through all of them. Bp

Vastag

I feel it in my bones. It's today.
[or the 12th]

It is definitely the 12th:
  • Pyromania ends the 11th
  • Killing floor summer event ends the 23 and the summer sale lasts 11 days

Edit: I still can't believe that the cubemen developer leaked the real date lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think we can all agree that if it isn't today, then it'll certainly be tomorrow or the next day. Failing that, I'm pretty confident it will definitely begin the following day or the next.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lol 900 games. I'm even more convinced that collecting games is just as much a game as playing them. I thought my 80+ was over kill. 900 is just flat out nuts. You should do the right thing and gift some of those games out, because you will never ,ever play through all of them. Bp

Even if he wanted to, he couldn't: once a subscription (i.e. game) has been tied to an account, it's non-transferable. Pre-orders can be cancelled because subs aren't active until release.

jarosh

Does anyone know of a way to add the older GOG games to Steam? They are basically just shortcuts that start up DosBox with some launch parameters. Unfortunately Steam seems to have trouble with these and is instead ignoring most of the parameters, so you can't actually run these games from the Steam client...

Those won't be known until the day of sale, they're not labelled as daily deals in the registry. The best we can do is either see which games were last updated and make guesses from there, or find the sale banner images as someone managed to do last year.

Ah I see! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom