• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioHazard

Foreign Legion any good?

I honestly think it's some good fun and doesn't deserve its hate. It's a silly, third person shooter, it has no depth but it was somehow satisfying shooting little people and chickens...at least for some hours. Haven't played this second one or whatever it its, but I'm sure it's similar

EDIT: Yay for Arctic Circle daily. Pretty interesting dailies lately.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Inversion was added to the Coming Soon tab http://store.steampowered.com/app/212410/

It's Steamworks.

It's bad, isn't it?

I think you'll look at the game differently after some

icz2vdUzqdRPF.png

Inversion therapy.

KingKong

so if the rumors are true, it's less than 2 weeks? Am I crazy or was the last sale (either summer or winter) 2 weeks + a few days so it ended on Sunday?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Holy shit, there is a lot of Dungeon Defenders DLC.

Is it weird that the copious amount of DLC turns me off from giving the base game a shot? I bought it on the cheap several months back but I haven't got around to installing it yet.

Blizzard

Banned
so if the rumors are true, it's less than 2 weeks? Am I crazy or was the last sale (either summer or winter) 2 weeks + a few days so it ended on Sunday?
2009 - Dec 23 - Jan 3 - Holiday Sale
2010 - Jun 24 - Jul 4 - Perils Of Summer Sale
2010 - Oct 28 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
2010 - Dec 20 - Jan 2 - Holiday Sale
2011 - Jun 30 - Jul 11 - Summer Camp Sale
2011 - Oct 27 - Oct 31 - Halloween Sale
2011 - Nov 23 - Nov 27 - Autumn Sale
2011 - Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Holiday Sale

The last two summer sales lasted 10-11 days and ended on Sunday/Monday, apparently. Of course that's a sample of two and those two dates misled people about the start of this sale, but I would expect a similar range of 10 days or so.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it weird that the copious amount of DLC turns me off from giving the base game a shot? I bought it on the cheap several months back but I haven't got around to installing it yet.

Not really. There seems to be quite a lot of content there, so you may as well wait until it's bundled on the cheap or otherwise available for pittance.

A good chunk of them were free on release, the Christmas/Valentine's/holidays ones.

That would explain why I already own about a third of them, haha.

I spend about 50 hours with the Basegame with my gf.

But honestly, I would have rather paid 30-40€ for the whole Game with all DLCs at release, than now with all the "mini-dlcs".

KingKong

The last two summer sales lasted 10-11 days and ended on Sunday/Monday, apparently. Of course that's a sample of two and those two dates misled people about the start of this sale, but I would expect a similar range of 10 days or so.

weird, I thought it was a lot longer. 12 days does sound right though

Alex

I thought it was okay, but I much preferred Orcs Must Die!.

I like both, but Orcs Must Die doesn't have loot and co-op, I agree that the base mechanics are better by a fairly large clip, though.

OMD2 will have co-op, but it still needs loot! I hope it can see some post-release support too now that PC is the lead (sole, for now) platform.

Was considering trying DD again, but yeah the DLC packs also turn me off. I wouldnt mind buying some but it's such a fucking mess, like Magicka (and no complete version, here). Its all so jumbled, there's like... skin packs for characters that are in fact other skin packs. I dont know what i'm lookin' at!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom