• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like both, but Orcs Must Die doesn't have loot and co-op, I agree that the base mechanics are better by a fairly large clip, though.

OMD2 will have co-op, but it still needs loot! I hope it can see some post-release support too now that PC is the lead (sole, for now) platform.

Was considering trying DD again, but yeah the DLC packs also turn me off. I wouldnt mind buying some but it's such a fucking mess, like Magicka (and no complete version, here). Its all so jumbled, there's like... skin packs for characters that are in fact other skin packs. I dont know what i'm lookin' at!

Yeah. Thats whats turning me off too. It would be easier to choose if they would sell something like a "full mission pack", "full character pack" or something similar.

Hitmonchan, one of the developers, is registered here in the forum, so maybe he will see whats turning people off right now.

Honestly, I dont even know which one I bought already and which DLCs I didnt lol

Mine just patched like, yesterday.

I am not that sure about it, but as far as I know, Steam autopatches the Games you played more recently or a lot more often than the games you didnt play at all.

At least when I started TF2 last time after 1 year without playing it, it patched when I wanted to start it, even though it showed up normally.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I am not that sure about it, but as far as I know, Steam autopatches the Games you played more recently or a lot more often than the games you didnt play at all.

At least when I started TF2 last time after 1 year without playing it, it patched when I wanted to start it, even though it showed up normally.

I've played DD once since I downloaded it. :lol

Its all so jumbled, there's like... skin packs for characters that are in fact other skin packs. I dont know what i'm lookin' at!

For what it's worth, there's a lot of content in the base game itself. And if you are thinking about DLC, the Lost Eternia shards pack is what you should get as it has actual content in it. Most of the rest of the stuff is rubbish and these 2 things (base game + Eternia pack) will keep you occupied for a very very long time. If the game does in fact manage to hold your attention for as long as it takes you to come near completing the content in it, you will know by then what other packs you might want. The only other 'real' addition is the Barbarian hero which you might want to try out when you've gotten bored with the other ones (which will also take a lot of time).

And frankly, I wouldn't really recommend getting any DLC from this midweek madness right now. The game/DLC will almost certainly be 75% off in the Summer sale starting in a couple of days anyway.

They might at some point license external tech, but I don't think they want the massive expansion and capital expenditure that would be required to set up the tech to do a streaming service just to offer demos of products that people are mostly buying for only a few dollars anyway.
What could be amazing though would be local streaming, with other devices (tablets, net books, set top boxes, media decoders or even smart TVs) streaming games from your PC.

Wok

So that random indie dev who oh-so-casually dropped the date of the Summer Sale weeks ago will most likely turn out to be right.

I will buy his game for this reason.

Imagine the chaos it would have been without this leak.

June 27th: everyone expect sales the day after.
June 28th: no sale.
June 29th - July 11th: chaos all over the world.
July 12th: sales! buy everything! Such a relief!

Wok

I will buy his game for this reason.

Imagine the chaos it would have been without this leak.

June 27th: everyone expect sales the day after.
June 28th: no sale.
June 29th - July 11th: chaos all over the world.
July 12th: sales! buy everything! Such a relief!

I think you just missed two sales for it in the last 2-3 weeks. :p

I won't buy if he was wrong.

And who cares about sales?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Someone already bought Naval War? Worth a try?
There is a demo.

It's very different from other RTS games. Since it's based on modern naval war, it's all about radar visibility and exposure gambles. If you want something where units are clashing in close proximity, this is not it

Stoof

It's a perfect time to dig into that backlog. That's what I started doing with Thief Deadly Shadows yesterday. Technically not a "backlog" game since I've played it but it's been about 6 years so since I've forgotten everything it's new again. Yay memory loss!

Well I just built my first gaming PC last week so I don't have a backlog yet, that's why I want the sale to come so I can build up my backlog, haha.

Atruvius

Well I just built my first gaming PC last week so I don't have a backlog yet, that's why I want the sale to come so I can build up my backlog, haha.

I have the opposite. I don't want the sales to start yet because I haven't received my computer yet. *Crosses fingers for Thursday*

Stoof

I have the opposite. I don't want the sales to start yet because I haven't received my computer yet. *Crosses fingers for Thursday*

Understandable. Though if you still didn't have your computer by Thursday you could always buy the games you want from their website, right?

Just checked the store and the image for Combat Arms really turns me off from ever wanting to play it. I mean unless each person has 6 arms and can carry 6 guns at a time. But that picture... wow.

Twinduct

There is a demo.

It's very different from other RTS games. Since it's based on modern naval war, it's all about radar visibility and exposure gambles. If you want something where units are clashing in close proximity, this is not it

Demo will take too long for me .. I mean to download and play before sale is over.
Is it a RTS or more of a simulator?

Just checked the store and the image for Combat Arms really turns me off from ever wanting to play it. I mean unless each person has 6 arms and can carry 6 guns at a time. But that picture... wow.

It's like the cover of a cheesy 80's action movie. I'd love a "serious" shooter to really feature that, though.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
$260 in my wallet ready to go. I blew 80 of my initial credit from Gamestop in the past month or two.

Dice

Demo will take too long for me .. I mean to download and play before sale is over.
Is it a RTS or more of a simulator?
Well it's not like Silent Hunter 3 where you're on your ship or anything but it tries for realism. I'd say more RTS since it's all played on the map. The 3D part is minimal and is more there symbolically like playing pieces and to give a better sense of threat rather than to wow you. This is how you'll play 95% of the time.

Twinduct

Well it's not like Silent Hunter 3 where you're on your ship or anything but it tries for realism. I'd say more RTS since it's all played on the map. The 3D part is minimal and is more there symbolically like playing pieces and to give a better sense of threat rather than to wow you. This is how you'll play 95% of the time.

Hmm thanks, yeah I can see where you are coming from. Think I'll get the demo first. Hopefully it goes on sale again, if I end up liking it =)

Dice

Hmm thanks, yeah I can see where you are coming from. Think I'll get the demo first. Hopefully it goes on sale again, if I end up liking it =)
For sake of transparency, I don't own it. However, I have spent a great deal of time on the official forums for it reading about how to properly play it and developer commentary and community feedback and whatnot. I guess that's just something I do since I also did it for CK2, which I own but have yet to actually play.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Steam sale on Thursday sucks ass. I'll be out of town until Sunday. Well, if I can buy stuff through the iOS app it's not so bad...

xJavonta

Banned
Does anyone know how Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre is? It looks cool, but I don't have much money to spend, so the $6.99 has to be worth it.

Well, at least the 10am end time is a strong sign of the summer sale's start, unless Valve decides to troll everyone by putting a Weekend deal box up first.

Recall

I'm looking forward to stocking up on Indie titles during the sale, its the only thing my laptop can seemingly handle.

If the sale were to start on Thursday, what time do you think it would commence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom