• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALIS

uAxP9.jpg

I'm scared.

Not at all amusing.

Also, personal sale wishlist:

Kingdoms of Amalur
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Crysis 2
Starpoint Gemini
Endless Space
Call of Juarez: The Cartel (why in god's name is this still $50?)
Ghost Recon Future Soldier (yeah, i know, unlikely)
Risen 2 - Dark Waters

Most other expensive wishlist stuff I managed to eliminate during the Amazon sale.

edit: oh, and even though I have most of their better games, i'd still go for a cheap Popcap complete bundle.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
As I've said before, Zuma's Revenge is my most wanted game. It's only ten bucks so maybe I should just buy it now to spite Valve for taking too long with the sale, but I might as well wait so I have something to look forward to.

I want all of the New Vegas DLC. For some reason I haven't played any of it yet, despite loving the game, but they're sure to be 75% off/$10 for all four at some point so I'll definitely be buying.

I want Dead Rising 2: OTR, but since it's essentially just an expansion pack, I would only bite at $10-$12.50 max, which might be lower than Capcom is willing to go.

Lastly, I'll buy A Valley Without Wind if it gets a daily. I tried the demo and I had no idea what the fuck I was doing, but there's something oddly intriguing about it. At $3.75 it'll be a no brainer for me.

EDIT - Ooh, and I want all of the Call of Dutys that I don't own. I would like to own them all on Steam (with the exception of COD3, which is best forgotten anyways).

Will there be a Activision pack? I was around for the winter sale but I didn't have a gaming pc then.

Also is there a thread where I can ask what the best part of my computer to upgrade? Cheers!

Dungeon Defenders is awesome, but you need a group for it to be fun. Also, that's a lot of fucking DLC. And constant patching is annoying.

Our game uses Steam Pipeline now, which means smaller downloads. And we're down to around one patch a month now. (This last update was a doozy since we included Shards 4/extra goodies and Steam Workshop.)

What's their reasoning for huge updates anyway? I've seen games with patches having bigger content for very less sizes.

Our game runs on Unreal Engine 3. Every time we update the game, we can't just update a file; we have to completely replace it. That means larger updates.

Legend of Grimrock is the one that I really want for this sale. And it seems like the perfect type of game that Steam usually likes to promote, so I'm feeling pretty confident that it will show up. Maybe Crysis 2 for a hot price and a couple of indie games as well. 's a shame that after a couple of humble indie bundles that the Steam indie bundles really don't work anymore as I have a game or two in pretty much every single pack and I don't even have some crazy huge steam library.

If nothing turns up at all I actually have a pack or two that I might pick up for the right price. Usually packs don't work for me, as they either have two many games that I don't want or I already own the games I do want.

But I actually don't have anything from Stardock:

Stardock Collection - $39.99 - Demigod, Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion

And I've somehow managed to also not pick up any of the games from this pack, in spite of being interested in several of them and them all having been on sale before:

2K Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Bionshock 2, Borderlands, Civilization V & DLC (not Gods & Kings), Darkness II Limited Edition, Duke Nukem Forever, Mafia II, SpecOps: The Line

So if my allotted $50 is still around at the end I might pick up either of those.

Wok

My wishlist has almost not changed. I have two priorities thanks to two weeks of waiting.

Here are the games or DLC I am expecting, ordered by descending price (in euros) in previous sales so far.

1. [...]
  2. Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
  3. [...]
  4. Supreme Commander : Forged Alliance
  5. [...]

I have gifts in mind too now.

During the summer sales, I will buy some indie games, each solely because the developper is nice:

And for the Winter sales, thanks to Greenlight, I would buy games again.

Not at all amusing.

I agree.

Weenerz

Banned
I just plan on buying all dailys that I don't own and on the last day, any game under $2 that I don't know. Need to bulk up that backlog.

TheTrancelator

Neo Member
Hey guys,

Got a few steam codes to give-away from bundles, 2 of which I'm unsure if they are used or not, Games are -

Trauma

And the two below which I'm not 100% on but they should work -

Beat Hazard
Xotic

Not sure how it works here so quote what game you'd like and first to post gets it I guess?

MNC

Sins Rebellion 33%
Alan wake minimum of 66%
Witcher 2 66%
Some of the LEGO games
Dead Rising 2 75% (COME THE FUCK ON!)
Lost Planet 2 75% (COME THE FUCK ON!)
DustForce
Rayman Origins
EvoChron

And the rest I dunno. I pretty much have alot of the things I don't need.

And yet I'll probably buy it all.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Hey guys,

Got a few steam codes to give-away from bundles, 2 of which I'm unsure if they are used or not, Games are -

Trauma

Beat Hazard
Xotic

Not sure how it works here so quote what game you'd like and first to post gets it I guess?

I'll take Trauma if you've still got it.

Sins Rebellion 33%
Alan wake minimum of 66%
Witcher 2 66%
Some of the LEGO games
Dead Rising 2 75% (COME THE FUCK ON!)
Lost Planet 2 75% (COME THE FUCK ON!)

DustForce
Rayman Origins
EvoChron

Capcom

Wok

[...]
DustForce
Rayman Origins
[...]

I wonder whether the best deal on the first day will be DustForce or Rayman Origins.

Capcom will never submit to Gaben's evil plot to devalue all of the world's IPs.

Heh, it's like Capcom continues to have like the perfect combo of games that I want to play and sale prices that are just a little bit too high to impulse buy. I swear that I've had Resident Evil 5 and DMC4 on my Steam wishlish for like two years now waiting for them to go below 50% and Capcom refusing to budge.

Danneee

Just bought a new laptop so this is great timing. Hoping for transformers wfc, new Vegas, dungeons, kohan and red alert 3 to go on sale.

Silex

Hey guys,

Trauma

Beat Hazard
Xotic

If Trauma was taken I'll take Beat Hazard. Thanks! :)

TGMIII

Hey guys,

Trauma

Beat Hazard
Xotic

I'll take xotic if you still have it.

dominuece

This is the first Steam Sale that I'm participating in and I'm so excited! Naturally, I'm looking forward to tons of games on sale:

ARMA2 (DayZ)
Company of Heroes
Hitman:BM
Terraria
Stalker
Crysis
Frozen Synapse
Witcher 2
Sins: Rebellion
Anno 2070
Skyrim (double dip)

He's coming

i0wJSRWSA1yMi.gif

Carm

I think there was one patch, maybe 2. Anyway, in my opinion the 360 version was far and away the better port. It looked much more vibrant had better lighting and shadows and played much better with the controller. Not sure what the deal is with the PC port, but the controller doesn't work right, you can only run if you tilt the stick diagonally when you're walking normally which is a pain and the camera felt wonky. And even with the 60fps patch it's still janky and really washed out.

I know Mad Doc had much more time with the 360 version than they did working on the PC port and if I had to venture a guess I'd say they reworked the PS2 version. So yeah, I'd say it was either half-assed or they just didn't get the time they needed to make it as good as the 360 port.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time it happened with a console port to PC.

Something is wrong with your controller, I don't have the issues you're describing. What controller are you using? If it's non official 360 controller maybe that's the issue.

Salsa

Yeah first foremost I want arma2co

then twisted shadow planet, the Ys games, yesterday, warlock, Legend of grimrock, All zombies must die, crysis 2 and some other stuff

1-D_FTW

Something is wrong with your controller, I don't have the issues you're describing. What controller are you using? If it's non official 360 controller maybe that's the issue.

Enough people have complained about this that I'm not gonna call anyone crazy. Just that it doesn't occur for everyone because I (and many) had no controller issues. Well, aside from the crappy Shop Class mini-game that I don't think I ever really figured out.

Tess3ract

Banned
I want these:

Arma2 (to play dayz) $10
Risen $5
Settlers 7 $5-10
Divinity 2: DKS $5
Blood Bowl Legendary $5
Sniper Elite V2 $20
Cities XL 2012 $5
Two Worlds 2 $5
Serious Sam 3 $10-20
Disciples 3 $5-10
Hunted The Demon's Forge $5
Blur $5
AssCreed Revelations $10
Amalur $10-20
Fall of the Samurai $10
SOSE: Rebellion $10
Stronghold 3 $5-10
Trine 2 $5
HOMM 6 $5
Anno 2070 $10
King Arthur 2 $10
Alice: Madness Returns $5

Carm

Enough people have complained about this that I'm not gonna call anyone crazy. Just that it doesn't occur for everyone because I (and many) had no controller issues. Well, aside from the crappy Shop Class mini-game that I don't think I ever really figured out.

It could also be an issue like the one I had for Dead Space 1. If I had my Saturn gamepad hooked up along with the 360 controller Dead Space didn't function right, sections of the ui were cut off.

You guys who haven't been following DayZ have no idea what you're getting in to. It's fun, but tough. I haven't played for almost a month now, as the last two patches have broken a lot of the intended mechanics. Though the new hot fixes coming out hopefully by the weekend should fix that.

Lothars

Heh, it's like Capcom continues to have like the perfect combo of games that I want to play and sale prices that are just a little bit too high to impulse buy. I swear that I've had Resident Evil 5 and DMC4 on my Steam wishlish for like two years now waiting for them to go below 50% and Capcom refusing to budge.
They have had both RE5 and DMC4 for over 50% off before, So chances are they will go lower than 50% again.

Blizzard

Banned
They should probably not discount Combined Operations for more than 33% or so, considering it's been $30 in the top seller spot or two for ages, with a giant featured ad image at the top of the store more recently. Give themselves more time to fix bugs or something before overloading their servers. :p

Wok

The designers of World of Goo are preparing a new game. The game should be released next Winter. No information about a release on Steam yet.

What makes it interesting is the particular paid beta program "inspired by the dashing Mr. Checker's spyparty". I don't know if it is worth $15, but if you think so, they make you feel in a hurry to pre-order, these clever designers. The beta is first on Windows, and since they are well-known designers, I believe it might take place on Steam. No information yet, I insist.

Note that there is not immediate access to a beta build. [...] Seats for the beta batches will be selected in the order in which we receive them, possibly with exceptions for certain hardware, video cards, languages you speak, etc. Once selected, you'll get an email with a secret download link and special further instructions. Depending on the number of signups, we cannot guarantee a beta seat for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom