• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
hvLSK.jpg

Oh Gaben, I could never stay mad at you.
Cool I got this too.
Dungeon Defenders is the Midweek Madness.

Something is wrong with your controller, I don't have the issues you're describing. What controller are you using? If it's non official 360 controller maybe that's the issue.

Well I had no problem sprinting using the a button, but the analog running/walking doesn't seem to work right for me. Anytime I'm walking forward and try to turn I'll start jogging, but I can't start a jog walking forward, I can only sprint using the a button. It's just annoying.

And yeah I'm using the official 360 for windows controller.

gdt

Steaming:

Playing Quantum Conundrum, and I'm really digging it. Looks great, runs good, nice puzzles so far. Has some of the twitch based puzzles some missed in Portal 2. Dunno if that will bother me later on, plus it has platforming puzzles...but that jumping in that great. Every FPS needs to do the Metroid Prime camera tilt for when you jump. I'm stuck on this puzzle in a room with a big fan and a laser. Q keeps yapping about the number 3...can't figure it out haha.

Also just started Shank, liking it so far. Its gorgeous.

Salsa

So many of you listing Arma 2 for DayZ... Man, I'm not looking forward to the rush of whining and general butthurt a Steam sale for that game will inspire. I might just have to remove the DayZ thread from my subscriptions and ban myself from YouTube.

we have DayZ hipsters now, great.

So I tried out Super Monday Night Combat and don't have a good first impression. I start my first game with other people at my level (0) and we get placed against a team of people way beyond us. They ended up just spawn camping us for the most part before they even destroyed the ball. Is this a common issue?

I want these:

Arma2 (to play dayz) $10
Risen $5
Settlers 7 $5-10
Divinity 2: DKS $5
Blood Bowl Legendary $5
Sniper Elite V2 $20
Cities XL 2012 $5
Two Worlds 2 $5
Serious Sam 3 $10-20
Disciples 3 $5-10
Hunted The Demon's Forge $5
Blur $5
AssCreed Revelations $10
Amalur $10-20
Fall of the Samurai $10
SOSE: Rebellion $10
Stronghold 3 $5-10
Trine 2 $5
HOMM 6 $5
Anno 2070 $10
King Arthur 2 $10
Alice: Madness Returns $5
sigh..
what i own in bold...
sigh if your list was 2 daily deals i'd be shafted :|

jediyoshi

So I tried out Super Monday Night Combat and don't have a good first impression. I start my first game with other people at my level (0) and we get placed against a team of people way beyond us. They ended up just spawn camping us for the most part before they even destroyed the ball. Is this a common issue?

It's part of the structure of the game. A team's moneyball is right outside their spawn so getting worked over would inherently lead to getting camped. Bad matchmaking is apparently an issue in every game ever, so it all sounds par for the course.

Since I get my new laptop on Tuesday my wishlist for comfy couch gaming just keeps growing and growing:(

So far:
Alice Madness Returns
Sonic Generations
Driver San Francisco(Yes I missed the daily deal for this)
Saints Row 3
Bioshocks
Dirt Complete
Wolfenstein
Skyrim
Witcher 2
Borderlands
Binary Domain

The thought of owning that list makes me feel all fuzzy:)

That was my experience with Monday Night Combat. The community for that game was generally small but pretty active and fairly dedicated. I bought a four pack during a sale, gifted the extra copies to some friends and started playing. The dedicated players were all super high level, there was rarely any middle ground between the two teams level-wise. In the matches I played, one team was always super-stacked and the matches always ended up being a spawncamp fest. They kinda have to given that's where the money ball is.

camerooni

Neo Member
Maybe it's just me being ocd but shouldn't filmmaker be under tools instead of games?

Omg.. this so bad. That and putting that Indie Game Movie, what was it called (heh), and soundtracks for games under Media so they can be found easily..

And I don't have any game guides but I would imagine they should be listed under Media rather than a menu option in the steam overlay in case you wanted to read it without loading the game? (Is it currently hidden in a right click menu?)

They really need to support their non-game game stuff better.. Move the digital pc gamer thingie out of games and into Media. Hell if they started selling eBooks of game novelisations I'd probably buy them if they were listed under Media.

It's part of the structure of the game. A team's moneyball is right outside their spawn so getting worked over would inherently lead to getting camped. Bad matchmaking is apparently an issue in every game ever, so it all sounds par for the course.

That was my experience with Monday Night Combat. The community for that game was generally small but pretty active and fairly dedicated. I bought a four pack during a sale, gifted the extra copies to some friends and started playing. The dedicated players were all super high level, there was rarely any middle ground between the two teams level-wise. In the matches I played, one team was always super-stacked and the matches always ended up being a spawncamp fest. They kinda have to given that's where the money ball is.

Seems like putting the objective right there is a mistake. I've played five games now and four were nothing but the other, higher level team camping a bunch of new players.

vocab

Does anyone know if the Arkham City on steam, uses GFWL?

GFWL with securom.

Warning: the PC port of Bioshock is nearly unplayable with a mouse+keyboard. What idiot programmer leaves mouse smoothing and acceleration on?

You forgot one of the main issues with the PC version. The physics in the game run at 30fps while everything is 60+. Shoot a box or something and watch a choppy animation. It's jarring as hell.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Does anyone know if the Arkham City on steam, uses GFWL?

Yes. The Steam version is special, because it mashes some Steam features like achievements on top of GFWL, but unfortunately there is no escape from GFWL. Hopefully WB will shape up soon.

Yes. The Steam version is special, because it mashes some Steam features like achievements on top of GFWL, but unfortunately there is no escape from GFWL. Hopefully WB will shape up soon.

It even has cloud storage.

Word of advice: Awful port, don't play it on DX11 or with Physx on or it will kill your framerate. Also, use a controller if you can, the KB/M bindings are really weird and the game felt off for me the whole time.

Firebrand

Batman:AC is one of the few "big" games I'd like to play right now, but the limited activations per machine make it sound like I'm just renting the game.

Salsa

the fuck guys if there's one game that is worth full price it's fucking Arkham City, and it's been 30 bucks for a while!

not that I paid that price for it on release but hey!

I hope the Harley DLC goes on sale

What sucks when that happens in SMNC is how long the match still drags on when you're getting stomped. The "Now With More Dota!" design is not very friendly to new players.

The new mode (Turbocross) fixes that somewhat. It usually ends much quicker if one team gets stomped, or there's a lot more back-and-forth between even teams.

It's still a pretty newbie-unfriendly game, though.

the fuck guys if there's one game that is worth full price it's fucking Arkham City, and it's been 30 bucks for a while!

not that I paid that price for it on release but hey!

I hope the Harley DLC goes on sale

I haven't got any of the DLC for it yet. Are any of them any good do you know?

Card Boy

Banned

Unfortunately this is due to the very small userbase. Totalbiscuits video that went up yesterday seems to have boosted the numbers by about 500 concurrent users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom