• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

The game wasn't really that great anyways, System Shock 2 is ten years older and ten times the game that Bioshock or Bioshock 2 is.
Compared to a lot of modern FPSes it's still amazing though. If some of what SS2 did had become standard rather than the exception then I'd be more inclined to agree.

I want at the right price:

Anno 2070
Assassins Creed Revelations
Ys Origins & Fenningala
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Walking Dead
Sins of Solar Empire Rebellion
Max Payne 3
Krater
Rage
Tiny and Big
Lego Batman 2
Ninja Blade
Back to the Future
Poker Night
Spectromancer Truth & Beauty
Magical Diary
Section 8 Prejudice
Nimbus
Vampire: Masquerade
Dungeon Siege 3
Saints Row 3 DLC
Crysis 2
Ticket to Ride
Binary Domain
Civ V: Gods & Kings
Gal Civ 2
Indie Game: The Movie

I have $240 in my wallet from selling my PS3 and most of my console games (never, ever, ever going back), but I want to save at least $100 for other big releases like Darksiders 2 and X-com.

zkylon

zkylewd
The game wasn't really that great anyways, System Shock 2 is ten years older and ten times the game that Bioshock or Bioshock 2 is.
That SS2 was better doesn't invalidate how good Bio1 was. Stuff like the Big Daddies, Rapture's visual and sound design and some of the amazing moments (the beginning, Fort Frolic,
when Atlas' family gets killed
"would you kindly"
) are unforgettable in a very different way than SS2 was.

I do understand the mouse acceleration issues as I did hate how it felt in PC myself.

Derrick01

Banned
Not buying anything on this sale is going to be extremely tough. I hope I have most of the achievement challenge games already to give me something to focus on lol.

Well, Amazon sales has satisfied me plenty, but I really want Arma II (to play DayZ like everyone else :)) and maybe Saints Row The Third +DLC bundle.

And who knowa? Maybe other things will surprise me :p

Fantastical

Death Prophet
We are so close. O_O

Warning: the PC port of Bioshock is nearly unplayable with a mouse+keyboard. What idiot programmer leaves mouse smoothing and acceleration on?

I've heard this isn't the only problem when it comes to running the game on Windows 7. I think I'm going to pick it up on Amazon with 2 but there's a lot of stuff about stuttering, freezing, audio issues, and the game not starting at all.

RyanDG

I've heard this isn't the only problem when it comes to running the game on Windows 7. I think I'm going to pick it up on Amazon with 2 but there's a lot of stuff about stuttering, freezing, audio issues, and the game not starting at all.

I don't know if I just got incredibly lucky, but I never had any problems with it on Windows 7. I'm really surprised at all the talk about how "unplayable" it was to people.

HoosTrax

Why did Valve randomly add CS:GO to my account. I gave away the invite they me over the weekend to a GAFer but they put it in my library anyway.

"I never asked for this." x2

Can't you see I'm busy enough with Dota beta? Why do this to me :s

Why did Valve randomly add CS:GO to my account. I gave away the invite they me over the weekend to a GAFer but they put it in my library anyway.

Yeah if you gift it you'll just get an extra one for yourself. Noticed it only months later.
KuGsj.gif

Stop giving me free games valve!

daxy

I don't know if I just got incredibly lucky, but I never had any problems with it on Windows 7. I'm really surprised at all the talk about how "unplayable" it was to people.

Runs excellent for me as well. Never had any issues.
Mouse acceleration/smoothing can apparently be turned off in an .ini file.

I know I'll buy a ton of games but I REALLY want Rayman Origins and Arma combined ops for Dayz. Also the Alan wake games. BTW, this confirmed Thursday yet?

Rayman Origins is bottled joy. It starts off charming and relaxing but by the end it is some of the most white knuckle platforming ever put in a videogame. But it's never frustrating since the controls are spot on, the checkpoints are frequent, and you get unlimited lives. Fantastic game.

We are so close. O_O

All of the issues are pretty easily fixable after some quick googleing

I dunno how I still didn't get into the CS:GO beta but I got into the Source Filmmaker beta today.

SuperÑ;39731033 said:
Is Steam down for everyone else?
Yeah, it's down for me.

I want these:

Arma2 (to play dayz) $10
Risen $5
Settlers 7 $5-10
Divinity 2: DKS $5
Blood Bowl Legendary $5
Sniper Elite V2 $20
Cities XL 2012 $5
Two Worlds 2 $5
Serious Sam 3 $10-20
Disciples 3 $5-10
Hunted The Demon's Forge $5
Blur $5
AssCreed Revelations $10
Amalur $10-20
Fall of the Samurai $10
SOSE: Rebellion $10
Stronghold 3 $5-10
Trine 2 $5
HOMM 6 $5
Anno 2070 $10
King Arthur 2 $10
Alice: Madness Returns $5

Quite a few of these games have hit those prices last week on Amazon. Here's Alice for $5 This weekend you could also grab Fall of the Samurai for that price here > http://impulsedriven.com/id/flashsales/spotlight/

ShaneB

Interesting. I didn't even sign up for Source filmmaker, but just got an invite. I guess there was never a "sign up"? ah well. neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom