• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last batch of regular price drops before the sale. Looks like both Prince of Persia games could see a $2.50 price point since the franchise has gone 75% off several times before.

MOjRe.jpg

I could bite at Forgotten Sands at that price. I missed out on it before cos I was kinda bored of the PoP style of games at that point, but I think its been long enough now.

HiiiLife

So I'm brand new to these sales.. At what price range would you guys consider "good"? Cause I've heard 15 dollars isn't low enough but it seems like it would be to me. Lol.

StuBurns

Banned
Depends on the game. If it's a daily deal, and it's at least 66% off, and it's something I really want, I'll bite. At 80% off I'll buy just about anything.

So I'm brand new to these sales.. At what price range would you guys consider "good"? Cause I've heard 15 dollars isn't low enough but it seems like it would be to me. Lol.

There is no right answer. If it is cheap enough for you and you want to play it, buy it.

The second is key. As long as you arent just buying it because it is cheap, You certainly are never going to get screwed on Steam sale prices regardless.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

For a fairly new big-budget game $15 is a pretty good price. Don't go crazy though and fill up a backlog of $15 games if you won't get around to them for six months.

depends mostly on

- base price
- release date
- franchise (history)
- sale history
- publisher

$15 for MW3 would be great. $15 for Darksiders would be awful. Just don't forget about "the rule":

Wait for the daily deals.

For a fairly new big-budget game $15 is a pretty good price. Don't go crazy though and fill up a backlog of $15 games if you won't get around to them for six months.

I agree. Instead go crazy on the $2 indie games. :) I have got so many gems in steam sales that way. I often dont truly discover them until months later and it is always a great surprise.

jgminto

On the eve of a new Steam sale I am just cracking into games I got last sale. Playing Costume Quest right now and it's pretty great.

Blizzard

Banned
I consider it a personal value thing. First off, only buy things that are daily deals until the last day or two of the sale. Second off, if it's 60% or more off, it's a game you want to play, and you consider it a reasonable and affordable value for the game, that's it. Set your own prices. :) You can always wait to another sale if you're hard on cash and you don't mind putting off playing a certain game.

On the eve of a new Steam sale I am just cracking into games I got last sale. Playing Costume Quest right now and it's pretty great.

Costume Quest is one of my favorite games that I have played so far this year. I am glad I went into it knowing nothing about it. It made the experience so fresh.

So anyone else going to remotely connect to their computer from work in order to start downloads early? I am thinking about it lol.

So much for having no backlog lol.

justjim89

So... what do we do if it doesn't come tomorrow? When do we hope for? How many virgins must we sacrifice? I'll go all Slender Man on Gaben if I have to.

Speevy

Banned
Lol, that is not a game you should be spending most of your time on sir.

I am a tennis game maniac.

Virtua Tennis
Mario Tennis
Hot Shots Tennis
Top Spin
Grand Slam

I'll even play "Tennis" for the NES. It's in my blood.

If only I could play the actual sport, but I hear there's running involved.

Virtua Tennis
Mario Tennis
Hot Shots Tennis
Top Spin
Grand Slam

You've also got to be outside, away from Steam, and that's a major no-no.

Virtua Tennis
Mario Tennis
Hot Shots Tennis
Top Spin
Grand Slam

You playing MT on 3DS? I'm obsessed with it at the minute.

There aren't many things left on steam that I want.

Speevy

Banned
I don't have a 360, and I got a huge discount on the Steam version that was not available at the time for the PS3 retail copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom