• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a tennis game maniac.

Virtua Tennis
Mario Tennis
Hot Shots Tennis
Top Spin
Grand Slam

I'll even play "Tennis" for the NES. It's in my blood.

If only I could play the actual sport, but I hear there's running involved.

So you seem like a good person to ask this. What's the best Tennis game on steam you think? After watching unhealthy amount of Wimbledon I sorta got into the sport.

Eusis

Just realized they removed Neverwinter Nights 2 from Steam. I have a game they removed... :O!!!!
For fuck's sake... :/

Well, I had everything owned, it was just a maddening mix of disc and digital through D2D/GameFly. No wonder Bioware's moved away from licensed RPGs outside of Star Wars.

Speevy

Banned
So you seem like a good person to ask this. What's the best Tennis game on steam you think? After watching unhealthy amount of Wimbledon I sorta got into the sport.

There are only two tennis games on Steam to my knowledge, and both belong to the Virtua Tennis franchise.

If you ask me, this is how I'd tennis games for all platforms, though.

For technical, non-arcade tennis: Top Spin
For mind candy, arcade action that hasn't changed a whole lot in the last decade but is still fun as hell: Virtua Tennis 4
For an arm-breakingly unique simulation of using your controller like a tennis racket and a steep learning curve that ultimately pays off but isn't always reliable: Grand Slam Tennis
For addictive RPG mode, crazy play styles, RPG-like character interaction: Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip. Also I consider this to be the best tennis game ever released on handhelds.
For pick-up-and-play accessibility, franchise recognition, and just an overall good time: Mario Tennis
Never under any circumstances buy: Sonic Tennis. It sucks.

Guys.

What if it isn't today?

ib0TLfgdYp4Yko.gif

Resilient

Steam sale virgin, picked up some stuff from the Amazon sale, totally ready for this shit. Bring it.

Already got what I wanted, mostly, from there, and gamersgate.

Most likely will only be getting indie games. Indie pack 2 is a must.

Your avatar is awesome.

PaulLFC

There's a huge number of packs that have been added today - will update the main list soon.

Sega, Nordic, Ridge Racer Unbounded, Rockstar, Focus and Fable 3 Bundles.

8 and a half hours!

sazzy

I got a lot from Amazon (probably gonna get a few more things) but this Steam sale is gonna drain my wallet. I know it.

Yep.

Got space marine, binary domain, thq pack, paradox pack, Alice, spore, total war pack (which had shogun 2 + expacs), EA pack, dawn of war bundle from amazon.

And just cause 2, last remnant, guardian of light on gamersgate.

Cross checked all prices with steamprices so I knew I was getting the cheapest deals. Not to mention that some were cheaper due to inflated prices on aussie steam.

All were steam keys except for EA games.

Pretty sure I'm forgetting something too..

Now I just want the indie pack 2 from steam for sure. Grabbed defense grid which is so awesome already. Have about 65 in my steam wallet. Not spending a penny more than that.

Okay so I've had this game installed forever and haven't played it. I go through the initial install and have to verify my CD Key to activate the game with their securom bullshit. Then when I log into the game I have to enter the key yet again into GFWL in order to log in and play. When I enter the key in GFWL, it tells me the key has been used/registered with another account...umm, what?

This is a copy I purchased through Steam so it's got the funky hybrid of GFWL and Steam. What the hell is going on here? Was a new account auto-created for me in the securom activation?

Okay so I've had this game installed forever and haven't played it. I go through the initial install and have to verify my CD Key to activate the game with their securom bullshit. Then when I log into the game I have to enter the key yet again into GFWL in order to log in and play. When I enter the key in GFWL, it tells me the key has been used/registered with another account...umm, what?

This is a copy I purchased through Steam so it's got the funky hybrid of GFWL and Steam. What the hell is going on here? Was a new account auto-created for me in the securom activation?

Seems to be a widespread issue. Good luck, there's about 0% chance that you'll get this worked out during the sale :(

Oh the wonders of GFWL. Fuck this service and everybody who still uses it.

No, I re-entered my key and it activated like normal. Contact Steam, I guess. Or maybe the GFWL service? I'm not sure in that situation.

Some of these games come with 2 keys. Maybe check that?

That's a good point. It was January when I played that so maybe there are two keys. I don't remember.

sazzy

Seems to be a widespread issue. Good luck, there's about 0% chance that you'll get this worked out during the sale :(

Oh the wonders of GFWL. Fuck this service and everybody who still uses it.

No, I re-entered my key and it activated like normal. Contact Steam, I guess. Or maybe the GFWL service? I'm not sure in that situation.

Yeah, I went poking about the B:AC Steam forum and saw the stickied thread :/ What's frustrating is that the key worked, I got past their Securom verification but then somehow this doesn't carry over to GFWL. Why do I have to put the key in twice? Why do they use these terrible DRM schemes? I've had nothing but trouble with every game that uses GFWL. I've opened my very first Steam Support ticket, I expect the problem to be resolved in two months time.

I have four keys, but only one for the game, the rest are for DLC.

Yeah, I went poking about the B:AC Steam forum and saw the stickied thread :/ What's frustrating is that the key worked, I got past their Securom verification but then somehow this doesn't carry over to GFWL. Why do I have to put the key in twice? Why do they use these terrible DRM schemes? I've had nothing but trouble with every game that uses GFWL. I've opened my very first Steam Support ticket, I expect the problem to be resolved in two months time.

I got my first (and only) issue solved in about 3-4 days, not counting Sunday (I sent it on a Saturday) so you might be lucky :/

sazzy

Only other suggestion I have is, try logging in to the live website and redeeming it there with the same email.

PaulLFC

I would contact WB directly if you can - after all they are the ones who've chosen to use GFWL despite many reports of how awful it is, so they should provide you with a new key if you can't activate it.

Game Guru

Just realized they removed Neverwinter Nights 2 from Steam. I have a game they removed... :O!!!!

It's probably due to rights issues... Hasbro apparently owns the rights to the Dungeons & Dragons PC games now, Neverwinter Nights included. It'll probably appear on GOG at some point.

I would contact WB directly if you can - after all they are the ones who've chosen to use GFWL despite many reports of how awful it is, so they should provide you with a new key if you can't activate it.

WB's response is that "if you use up your keys/activations, too bad for you". There are a few threads on their forums.

This and SecuROM are the main reasons I am capable of even waiting 20 years, for the Batman games to hit GOG or just get AC on PS3.

I'll be heading out for work in 10 minutes and will be stuck there for 2h after the sale starts without internet. When I come back, I want to see this thread be temporarily locked.

I may have to contact WB tech support, skimming through the B:AC Steam forum thread on this issue, people have been bounced to GFWL support regarding this issue. Ugh.

PaulLFC

WB's response is that "if you use up your keys/activations, too bad for you". There are a few threads on their forums.

This and SecuROM are the main reasons I am capable of even waiting 20 years, for the Batman games to hit GOG or just get AC on PS3.
They would probably respond the same here I guess, but the thing is the activation wasn't used up. It's incorrectly being reported as used up.

GFWL really needs to be abandoned by all publishers, not that it will be.

To be honest, I'm mostly looking forward to the (hopefully) daily challenges collecting tickets/coal/medals. It would make me finally play some of the games I have.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
To be honest, I'm mostly looking forward to the (hopefully) daily challenges collecting tickets/coal/medals. It would make me finally play some of the games I have.

So I am, but I'm still going to be playing Tribes throughout the entire thing. Heh.

Cheevo for that needs to be 1000 flag captures *Sparkle*

Symphonic

I dunno, they've been going downhill for me the last couple of times. It seems like the pricing is gradually getting less awesome, but that (most likely) has to do with me owning way too many damn games on Steam.

wat

There's been more sales each sale and they even added a chance to win free games with the last sale. Going uphill man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom