• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooooook6ovp.gif

Exuro

As a steam sale virgin I'm supposed to wait to see all the daily deals before I buy anything because of a pack right?
Basically if there's a game you want thats on sale but isnt a daily deal, wait until the end of the sale. This way if you buy it on the first day and it becomes a deal, you lose out on some savings. If theres a pack you want I think you can go ahead and purchase it. Those won't change in price. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

As a steam sale virgin I'm supposed to wait to see all the daily deals before I buy anything because of a pack right?

Steam Sales Rules

* If you see a price that are an obvious mistake, buy it. It probably is a mistake that will be fixed. Use a site like http://www.steamprices.com/uk to check the price history and see if the price is what you would expect or not. This is more common when the sale or daily deals start, especially if you are in a region with messed up price increases (sometimes they seem to 'forget' to inflate the price)
* Otherwise, wait for the daily deals. Do not buy a game that isn't on a daily deal, because it may well be a lot cheaper the next day.
* If you miss a daily deal, still do not buy the game. Typically the last day (or possibly two) will be 'recap' deals to give you a second chance.
* If you get to the end of the sale and a game you want is not in the recap sales and you still want to buy it, then you may now purchase it, or wait for the next big sale at Christmas.
* If Valve run a promotion where they are say, giving you coal for achievements that you can trade for free games, do *not* hoard them until the end, use them as you get them. People will abuse the shit out of any promo, and they will run out of good prizes.

NB *Applies only if they run it like they always have* If they do not, god help us all.

Carm

45 Games/DLC on my wishlist currently. Some are reminders for later, like Skyrim when the goty edition drops, Sims expansions etc. There is one item above them all though.

header_292x136.jpg

This son of a bitch has been on my wishlist for 2 years waiting for it to drop to $10. I believe it hit $14.99 during the Christmas sale. I'm stubborn though and refuse to budge past $10 and reward Activision greediness. I'm sure the game is merely average, but I like these B-grade games, the same way I like B-grade movies.

Card Boy

Banned
45 Games/DLC on my wishlist currently. Some are reminders for later, like Skyrim when the goty edition drops, Sims expansions etc. There is one item above them all though.

header_292x136.jpg

This son of a bitch has been on my wishlist for 2 years waiting for it to drop to $10. I believe it hit $14.99 during the Christmas sale. I'm stubborn though and refuse to budge past $10 and reward Activision greediness. I'm sure the game is merely average, but I like these B-grade games, the same way I like B-grade movies.

Why do you even need this game? Honestly? It has average reviews and there are hundreds of other shooters on the market, and hundreds of other games in other genres that you can get.

but I like these B-grade games, the same way I like B-grade movies.

tumblr_m3oovqY2aT1qii6tmo1_250.gif

header_292x136.jpg

I think I got this like 4 years ago on the 360 for about $8. I considered it above average but not great. The time mechanic, which has been done to death already, actually works pretty well in this game.

Tess3ract

Banned

header_292x136.jpg

I've played that and it's really bad, just so you know.

Carm

I've played that and it's really bad, just so you know.

I've finished DNF and its DLC, I'll be okay ;)

Gez as for why I like B-Grade games/movies, it's simple, they take chances of things you don't/won't see in games that have been focus tested to death etc. Singularity is a good example, didn't sell like CoD, but it was fun as hell with good gameplay, marred only by a shitty FOV on the pc version. Necrovision is another b-grade fps that is fun but wouldn't really sell well in todays market.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So been wasting my time away with games I can play in short bursts so I won't get too attached to something right before the sale. Titan Attacks is pretty damn awesome and got the nasty taste of Adam's Venture out of my mouth. Thanks again Stevewin. The only bad thing is the 5 progression achievements are still bugged which kind of killed my desire for 100%ing it, although I was almost there.

Are people gifting this sale again? I finally want to buy Fallout 3 on Steam (if daily) but I want the English uncut version.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble. Everyone in the thread is extremely nice and helpful during sales time. At least that's what I've observed.

Salsa

Are people gifting this sale again? I finally want to buy Fallout 3 on Steam (if daily) but I want the English uncut version.

yeah, there's gonna be a section in the OT with users you can pm for gifting purposes (just post in the thread if you can help and i'll add it)

Cheddahz

Banned
I have been hooked on GTA IV on Steam today, have no idea why, I have beaten this game before, but it just looks so much nicer on my PC then it did on my 360 and it controls beautifully (well on a 360 controller that is)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
People, when you're done playing your AAA games and want something different.. try this out! Awesome atmosphere and style, well worth the low low price of whatever it is going to be at the Steam sale.
Headquarters needs to be 1/20th the size it is. I quit because I couldn't figure out what the fuck to do wandering around in the ridiculously oversized areas, sometimes venturing out only to get my head blown off every 2 minutes. Seems like a FPS for Dark Souls fans.

Headquarters needs to be 1/20th the size it is. I quit because I couldn't figure out what the fuck to do wandering around in the ridiculously oversized areas, sometimes venturing out only to get my head blown off every 2 minutes. Seems like a FPS for Dark Souls fans.

OH GOD I MUST HAVE IT

Yes, it is a bit big isn't it? Though I believe there are markers that guide you.. in any case, you get used to that area and you will traverse it pretty quickly.

I love the music and the fake language, it oozes Panzer Dragoon Saga's kind of 'alien' atmosphere. That first mission where (if you are so inclined) charge a group of enemies by jumping off a cliff with your stealth camo loaded, landing in the middle of them and blocking the enemies' bullets using your Katana.. it is so fucking cool.

It's a shame the game came out right before Deus Ex:HR did.

Anyway, there are no cutscenes and you can kill an enemy in one shot, unless he is wearing armor.

Here's that sequence I talked about, played by an annoying dude. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTGBPtDeTRQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=424s

Also, there is a gun that is basically Deckard's gun from Blade Runner.

People, when you're done playing your AAA games and want something different.. try this out! Awesome atmosphere and style, well worth the low low price of whatever it is going to be at the Steam sale.

Me and my friends tried to play it multiplayer at Christmas. It was infuriating and we gave up because we couldn't figure out how to do it.

kaskade

Steam Sales Rules

* If you see a price that are an obvious mistake, buy it. It probably is a mistake that will be fixed. Use a site like http://www.steamprices.com/uk to check the price history and see if the price is what you would expect or not. This is more common when the sale or daily deals start, especially if you are in a region with messed up price increases (sometimes they seem to 'forget' to inflate the price)
* Otherwise, wait for the daily deals. Do not buy a game that isn't on a daily deal, because it may well be a lot cheaper the next day.
* If you miss a daily deal, still do not buy the game. Typically the last day (or possibly two) will be 'recap' deals to give you a second chance.
* If you get to the end of the sale and a game you want is not in the recap sales and you still want to buy it, then you may now purchase it, or wait for the next big sale at Christmas.
* If Valve run a promotion where they are say, giving you coal for achievements that you can trade for free games, do *not* hoard them until the end, use them as you get them. People will abuse the shit out of any promo, and they will run out of good prizes.

NB *Applies only if they run it like they always have* If they do not, god help us all.

Very cool. Thanks. I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom