• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an idea:

1) Sticky and lock the OT Steam sale thread now on top of the gaming forum
2) Lock this thread when (if) the sale starts
3) Wait to update OT of sale thread
4) Unlock OT when updated
So we can... Look at it? What does that get us?

We can live a couple minutes without a steam thread jeez.

feel

This is why:

Same reason why we lock pre-conference E3 threads before we unlock the E3 conference threads. People need a valve to vent some steam and we'd prefer that not be by spewing diarrhea everywhere over GAF :p
Fair enough!

Because people will alternate between threads with different questions, better to leave it all in one thread to have everything contained there.
Yeah I agree, I was referring to why there will be a very short period when there will be no Steam thread available.

holy shit haha

Interfectum

We can live a couple minutes without a steam thread

eyeomfg.gif

It'll be like 5 minutes. Anyone who would make a thread that quick I would think would hang around here. If they've been in here, they know what's up as it's been explained a bunch the last couple pages.

I'm still very curious as to how much those daily indie bundles will be. I'm just starting to build up my library, so I'll probably end up buying most of them if the price is low enough.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Friend at Valve told me Gabe called out sick today with the flu. So...

I have my wishlist stocked. You know what I hate about the Steam store? Not being able to right click on games and open them in a new tab. I have to open each individually and then hit my back button which resets where I was on the list of games I was looking at (takes you back to the first page). I am a multi-tabber so it really becomes time consuming. Otherwise I would have more games in my wishlist. I just had to give up.

I have my wishlist stocked. You know what I hate about the Steam store? Not being able to right click on games and open them in a new tab. I have to open each individually and then hit my back button which resets where I was on the list of games I was looking at (takes you back to the first page). I am a multi-tabber so it really becomes time consuming. Otherwise I would have more games in my wishlist. I just had to give up.

Yes! I hope they fix this someday!

sazzy

Question:

If I buy a pack/bundle as a gift, do all games show up individually in my inventory?

asked before didn't get any replies :(

Jzero

Totally agree.

Question:

If I buy a pack/bundle as a gift, do all games show up individually in my inventory?

asked before didn't get any replies :(
YES

feel

I just enter the store through Firefox when I want to use multiple tabs to add a bunch of stuff to my wishlist fast.

BioHazard

Why not use the website? It's infinitely better. I do this all the time. Pretty much the only reason why I never shop using the client.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Why not use the website? It's infinitely better. I do this all the time. Pretty much the only reason why I never shop using the client.
Gah! I am so used to using the client I didn't realize the webpage was any different. Will have to start doing that from how on.

1-D_FTW

Now I'm confused :\

If they show up as a pack (as I suspect they would), then it's no (unless specifically stated). I suspect they show up as a pack for this very reason. Otherwise people would exploit this. And it doesn't seem like common knowledge, so I'm skeptical you actually can.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I expect the sale beeing accompanied by some kind of meta-thing like the potato sack.
Maybe even a HL3 arg. \o/
I feel like we knew ahead of time what the achievements were for the 2011 Summer and Holiday sales. There either isn't any game this year like that, or they're just better at hiding it.

kswiston

Sort of sucks that registering game bundles on Steam is all or nothing. If I buy an Amazon bundle, I get separate keys for everything. Never bought a bundle from another DD store so no idea how they work. Anyhow, There are a lot of bundles I would buy on Steam if I could gift/trade away the duplicated games.

1-D_FTW

I feel like we knew ahead of time what the achievements were for the 2011 Summer and Holiday sales. There either isn't any game this year like that, or they're just better at hiding it.

Part of me wonders if they just got tired of all the bitching and crying and decided to go with the "Click on this game's homepage" to enter technique.

Would be a shame if that happened, though. Seems like a lot of games get sales simply by being part of that day's achievehunt.

I wanted to be here but the girlfriend wanted us to go shopping, so I'll miss the beginning.

Remember to resist buying anything during the first hour, if you want to avoid potential heart attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom