• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

OTs can't be posted until the event is known to be occurring. So not for another two and a quarter hours yet. I believe SalsaShark has a thread with a killer banner all ready to roll though.

all joking aside, it kinda seems confirmed... the daily deal is ending 10 minutes before 10am :\

gabbo

OTs can't be posted until the event is known to be occurring. So not for another two and a quarter hours yet. I believe SalsaShark has a thread with a killer banner all ready to roll though.

I imagine him pacing in front of his PC every day 12:59pm waiting to unleash that thread.

4447387_700b.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
OT has already been posted, it's hiding in the mod section :|

btw, the procedure today is that i'm going to lock this thread as soon as the sale goes up, but i'm not moving/unlocking the other one until someone pms me the daily deals section, so there'll be a brief period with no active steam thread.

Hoping for a deal on Just Cause 2 :p

goes on sale every single sale. it's one of the most commonly discounted games, honestly.

Salsa

I imagine him pacing in front of his PC every day 12:59pm waiting to unleash that thread.

Im actually staring at my phone while on a break of preparing lights for a concert.

Thread has already been posted (but hidden) since im not on my computer nor will I be by the time of the sales. Stumpokapow will move it and unlock it when the sales go up

feel

I usually sleep past 10amPDT but of course today of all days I had to wake up unable to go back to sleep 5 hours too early! At least got some errands done.

Aaannyways,
t1342112400z4.png

bring it Gaben!!
29lbxqc.gif

btw, the procedure today is that i'm going to lock this thread as soon as the sale goes up, but i'm not moving/unlocking the other one until someone pms me the daily deals section, so there'll be a brief period with no active steam thread.
*gulp!*

gabbo

Im actually staring at my phone while on a break of preparing lights for a concert.

Thread has already been posted (but hidden) since im not on my computer nor will I be by the time of the sales. Stumpokapow will move it and unlock it when the sales go up

Mine makes for a better mental image, but yours sounds like more fun

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
At the last sale I followed rule nº1 until the last day, a Sunday. And in any of those days the Unreal pack got a better deal so I decided to purchase the pack but my bank decided to block my cc for that day, and that day only so I could not get any of those games and I really REALLY wanted to play ut1. I'm not making that mistake again, fuck rule nº1. I'm buying it in the first day of the sale. FYI guys.

sazzy

goes on sale every single sale. it's one of the most commonly discounted games, honestly.

I hope you're cool with having the blood of many GAFers on your hands.

gabbo

At the last sale I followed rule nº1 until the last day, a Sunday. And in any of those days the Unreal pack got a better deal so I decided to purchase the pack but my bank decided to block my cc for that day, and that day only so I could not get any of those games and I really REALLY wanted to play ut1. I'm not making that mistake again, fuck rule nº1. I'm buying it in the first day of the sale. FYI guys.

If that happens, ask someone on GAF to gift you the games and send them the money later?

Salsa

Also as I said dont get your hopes up with flashiness, its basically a carbon copy of last year's thread with a new banner and some diferent stuff. Its simple with mostly text and not gifs or anything like that for those browsing on their phones or with slow connections. Focus is on keeping it updated!

Tl;dr: if it aint broken dont fix it

Plus the mid-week sale ending at the suspicious time of 10:00 PST. This only happens during the seasonal sales. It's like Valve wants people to know without actually having to come out and say it.

I hadn't even noticed that, very good point. I've just topped up €25 as a result so hopefully I can make that last for a few days (not very likely). It definitely would be funny though if it was an incredible joke and another midweek sale begins immediately afterward though :p.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Buy a Steam card at Gamestop

I'm confused... so the game itself isn't Steam, but that one being sold unlocks in Steam yes? :p

EDIT:
According to the comments, it's not Steam?

It's not Steamworks and the copy sold on Gamersgate doesn't activate on Steam. On Gamersgate only Steamworks games [such as Sword in the Stars 2] will activate on Steam.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's not Steamworks and the copy sold on Gamersgate doesn't activate on Steam. Only Steamworks game sold on Gamersgate [such as Sword in the Stars 2] will activate on Steam.

Ahh I see. Oh well. But I heard Sword of the Stars II suck. I wonder if these games will get more than 75% off in Steam summer sale.

I wonder what DRM that "Other DRM" is being mentioned there.

Salsa

Stump, why can't you leave this one open until after you unlock the new one? (just curious)

Thread gets fuckin nuts.

I asked both mrorange and biohazard to pm stump with a screenshot of the dailies as soon as they go up, so if it takes a while you can totally blame them

Buy a Steam card at Gamestop

Just wondering do you have any idea if they are sold in Gamestop stores in Ireland? I've searched gamestop.ie but I can find no mention of them being available and I'd rather not spend an hour going to and back from Gamestop if they don't have them available. If not it's absolutely no problem since I'll just continue using the credit card but as with NaM I'm hoping it doesn't get blocked during the sale.

EDIT: Just to clarify I know that they were only available in the US when they were launched but I haven't heard if they were made available worldwide and I haven't been able to find anything about them launching elsewhere so I'm hoping you'd know.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Ahh I see. Oh well. But I heard Sword of the Stars II suck. I wonder if these games will get more than 75% off in Steam summer sale.

I wonder what DRM that "Other DRM" is being mentioned there.

Amazon had them pretty cheap a while back (still? I don't know) in the paradox pack for 12$.

Sendou

Just wondering do you have any idea if they are sold in Gamestop stores in Ireland? I've searched gamestop.ie but I can find no mention of them being available and I'd rather not spend an hour going to and back from Gamestop if they don't have them available. If not it's absolutely no problem since I'll just continue using the credit card but as with NaM I'm hoping it doesn't get blocked during the sale.

I remember hearing they are currently US only. I hope that they will be made internationally avaiable also.

sazzy

Here's an idea:

1) Sticky and lock the OT Steam sale thread now on top of the gaming forum
2) Lock this thread when (if) the sale starts
3) Wait to update OT of sale thread
4) Unlock OT when updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom