• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlhbk

With layoffs coming and the fact I could still be looking for a job during the xmas sale I will be picking up what I can during this one. That being said I need to be careful about how much I spend.

Martian

I hope Fallout will go on sale, missed out last time (I think it was about 5 euros) so hopefully next week will be as good as last time.

Last summersale I only got Terraria for 5 bucks, so maybe I can score more of those smaller deals!

atomsk

Party Pooper
we are all waiting. and watching.

inqvcM6e4dUww.gif

kodt

Banned
Hey guys, let's not buy any games during the steam sale, and clear our backlogs first ok?

Guys? ... are you with me? ... Guys?

Fireblend

Banned
All I want for this sale is Skyrim at 50% or more. Really, my backlog is so ridiculously big I'm not even considering anything else.

I'll buy tons of games anyway
. Can't wait!

1-D_FTW

mhmm... the word was wrong a few times before, so..

That was speculation devoid of any evidence. It was wishful thinking in fact. Because there's anyways been lots of evidence in place beforehand. The evidence is now in place. And nobody of any merit was throwing any date (other than the 12th) once our wishful date of the 28th passed.

In short: PREPARE! TODAY IS THE DAY!

Recall

Once the sale begins will they have a seperate category to display which games are on sale? Last time I missed a few games as I forgot to check if they were on sale :(

1-D_FTW

Once the sale begins will they have a seperate category to display which games are on sale? Last time I missed a few games as I forgot to check if they were on sale :(

And just another reason to just throw games on your wishlist. It's easy to forget what you're interested in. This way, when the sales roll around, you have them all in one convenient place and can easily see what kind of discount it got.

Remember guys: DON'T BUY ANYTHING OUTSIDE THE DAILY DEALS UNTIL THE LAST DAY

Unless it's niche and already has its 50 - 90 percent markdown. I'm buying Race Injection today and have no fear it's going to be featured as a daily.

Doesn't matter, there are always some great external sites that keep track on all that. People will link to those here on GAF, so don't worry

Recall

And just another reason to just throw games on your wishlist. It's easy to forget what you're interested in. This way, when the sales roll around, you have them all in one convenient price and can easily see what kind of discount it got.

I better start figuring out what Indie games I want then and get that wishlist into shape :D

1-D_FTW

It came from here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...1268454&postcount=7+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie a few weeks ago however and in addition to all of the bundles being added it seems highly likely to be true this time. It's a webcached version as the Steam forum requires you to be logged in to view the post.

Plus the mid-week sale ending at the suspicious time of 10:00 PST. This only happens during the seasonal sales. It's like Valve wants people to know without actually having to come out and say it.

thecheese

I'm unemployed, out of money, and don't need any more games.

But gods be damned if I'm not spending my remaining credit card balance on the steam sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom