• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Fucking tease!

Got all excited seeing Jade Empire. Then I realized it was the same 50 percent as the summer sale.

Nice burn, Gabe. Had me excited for a moment.

My nipples are ready for today's daily deal.
image.php

MNC

Nah, it's definitely the daily. The rest of the specials are gone.

What's everyone gonna jump into first? (Sale or non-sale game)

Finishing up Dead Space 2 then probably gonna do Alan Wake.

1-D_FTW

Ha oops, guess the summer sale deals are still active.

You're right. Less than 2 minutes remaining.

Watch some people buy it, and then in two minutes, it turns to 80 percent off!

Sadly enough, I downloaded the Cadillac offer for 6 months of free iracing. And for the foreseeable future, will probably be my primary game.

Yes, in fact, I do have a problem.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's a minute left on its timer. I don't think it's the Daily.

Edit: To answer your question, I'm still working my way through Kingdoms of Amalur. I'd intended to finish it before purchasing the DLC, but alas, that didn't happen. Also, I'm downloading the two Lego Indy games overnight, so I'll play them when I need to take a break from KoA.

Edit 2: Bugger, the Daily is JE. :( 50% seems low for a game of its age.

marrec

Banned

I have to finish Binary Domain and move on to something else, the sale has made it to where I can only play 15-30 minutes at a time recently.

LuffyZoro

I've played 14 hours of GalCiv 2 since I got it a couple of days ago, so I might take a break from that for a bit. Super fun though.

Why aren't Dishonored, Xcom and Borderlands 2 available for pre-order on the Steam store yet. Those are the only three games I want to buy that aren't Heart of the Swarm.

Question about Portal 2. When I first tried to play it, my computer would restart. I literally couldn't play the game. I heard about problems with the AMD FX but I figured those problems would be over by now. My friend found a temporary workaround but I have to open it every time I reboot my computer. I'm wondering if there's a permanent fix. any help?

The temp fix I'm using is called Orochi-CEG.

Nert

Having played over 15 hours of The Binding of Isaac, I think that I'll play through Arkham City first and then poke around with Sim City 4. I'm going to try to take my time with all of these new games and just have fun, instead of feeling too pressured to eliminate the backlog or w/e.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Jade Empire as daily, $3.74

EDIT: whoa, slow XD

Derrick01

Banned
Glad that's over. Worst sale ever and I was pretty much done with it 4 days in.

Why aren't Dishonored, Xcom and Borderlands 2 available for pre-order on the Steam store yet. Those are the only three games I want to buy that aren't Heart of the Swarm.

They're not available anywhere yet and it's annoying me as well. GMG could have sold all 3 for $15 off by now if they had been up.

Psi

I knew it would pay off to wait on Jade Empire, just not this soon. Now they just need to drop Bully to that price tomorrow.

Petrie

Banned
With Fallout to replay, Risen, and tons more from the Steam sale, is it worth grabbing Jade Empire? Played it on Xbox like 10 years ago, barely recall anything.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Alright. Now that THAT'S over with...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lesshonor

If you and I have got some common games, feel free to add me. Seeing people with higher scores and/or more achievements than I have makes me actually work on my backlog since I'm petty and jealous. :)

This morning (circa 2 AM) I tried out PixelJunk Eden for the first time. Wow. WOW. So chill, beautiful to look at. Lovely. When I'm not chiseling away at my console backlog, maybe I'll be working on that. Who knows, though.

SMH I just bought it like 15mins ago.

Ouch. I kinda had this fear since I amassed a bunch of gifts at the last minute and don't plan to give most of them out for a couple of months. We'll see if I regret it!

1-D_FTW

Jade Empire purchased. Probably would have caved at 66 percent during the summer sale, but they made it easy at only 50 percent off.

Never again am I not waiting for a daily deal. If I buy something its going to be on release or as a daily. God damn it. I'm sorry I'm just kind of annoyed I need to vent.

Dynoro

Looks like you're right. It went to 15 then back to 3.74. So funny since it was one of my last purchases of the sale. Screw me.

To be fair, with the amount on sale the daily was bound to be someone's final day purchase - unless gaben decided to troll everyone with a 75% off arma 2 that is

Ugh, Jade Empire?! I don't need more to buy! D:

Not sure... I think I'm going to hop into one of my gifts first, though. The Ship, Torchlight, or PixelJunk Eden.

steadfast

With Fallout to replay, Risen, and tons more from the Steam sale, is it worth grabbing Jade Empire? Played it on Xbox like 10 years ago, barely recall anything.

Scratch that RPG itch with Last Remnant. If you already played JE and aren't waxing nostalgic about it, I'd spend that $4 elsewhere.

If you already have TLR, then ignore everything :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Jade Empire purchased. Probably would have caved at 66 percent during the summer sale, but they made it easy at only 50 percent off.

Which I bought last day. I lost $3.75. Summer sale memories are ruined because of this shit. I hate you Gabe!

Now I am going to play my games. Flora 's Fruit Farm here I come.

1-D_FTW

It's 75% now.

I know. I'm saying they would have gotten more money from me if they'd lowered it to 66 percent during the sale (since I now got it for 75 off).

To be fair, with the amount on sale the daily was bound to be someone's final day purchase - unless gaben decided to troll everyone with a 75% off arma 2 that is

Ah. Memories of Vampire: Bloodlines:)

I waited on that one too.

Shadybiz

I played SR3 for maybe 3 hours already; game's a hoot!

I also made my character in Fallout 3. I tried that game on the PS3 before, and wasn't impressed, but I'm going to have another go at it.

I bought ARMA 2 as well...no idea when I'm going to have the time to get into Dayz, though.

Ha, super close to picking up Jade Empire right before the sale ended. Think I'll spend that money saved on The Last Remnant now. And for my post sale regret, wish I picked up Hard Reset but sadly the demo finished installing something like 5 minutes before everything ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom