• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
My only thing with waiting on dailies for some stuff (vs buying at 50%) is I can be quite paranoid something may disappear from Steam before it's 75%. But usually I'm pretty smart.

Derrick01

Banned
What did you want to go on sale that didn't?

Nothing. I wanted it to surprise me but it became pretty clear early on that it was going to be a lot of repeat deals and a lot of the deals weren't even on par with Amazon's. Not to mention there was no special side game to get prizes, just lame flash deals that repeated yet more sales.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Out of curiosity, what were you up to in the days before D3 and Steam Seals?
What do you mean "what were you up to" :3? Like, what I do for a living?

edit: or do you mean which GAFcommunity I was in before D3/Steam?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did I win Tobe's Vertical Adventure? That HL3 ending was the most effort I ever put in for a product that was $1.24 at the time, lol.

Edit: Oh, it's in the old thread, I didn't. Well I got a few nice responses so at least it was appreciated.

MrBud360

Total Damage:

Steam: (250,14 Dollars)

1.00 Time Gentlemen, Please!
Gift Whispered World
9.99 Saints Row: The Third
16.87 Borderlands GOTY - Four Pack
3.74 Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
4.99 Penumbra Collectors Pack (Penumbra Black Plague, Penumbra Overture)
3.74 Left 4 Dead 2
4.99 Just Cause 2
3.74 Stacking
5.99 Crysis: Warhead
4.99 Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
4.99 Assassin's Creed
2.00 PixelJunk Eden
2.50 Tiny Bang Story
2.49 Dear Esther
12.48 Dead Space Pack(Dead Space 1 and 2)
3.74 Bastion
3.74 Vessel
10.19 Batman Arkham City
3.39 Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn
10.19 Dead Island
49.99 Ubisoft Collection (Assassins Creed Revelations, Beyound Good and Evil, Rayman Origins, Heroes of Might and Magic VI, R.U.S.E, Driver San Francisco)
2.49 Post Mortem
14.99 Cyan Complete (Myst, realMyst, Riven, URU: Complete Chronicles, Myst V)
3.74 Still Life Collection (Still Life 1 and 2)
22.49 Max Payne 3
4.99 Lost Horizon
1.49 Puzzle Dimension
9.99 Alan Wake Bundle (Alan Wake 1 and American Nightmare)
7.49 The Dream Machine Bundle (5 Episódios)
3.74 Trine 2
9.99 The Blackwell Bundle (Convergence, Deception, Unbound, Legacy)

---------------------------------------

Amazon: (29.97 Dollars)

4.99 Alice: Madness Returns
9.99 Binary Domain
14.99 EA Pack (Bulletstorm, Mirrors Edge, The Saboteur,Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames)

Green Man Gaming: (3.00 Dollars)

3.00 The Last Remnant

GOG: (2.39 Dollars)

2.39 Outcast

Total: (282.50 Dollars)

57 games...........

Enco

Only games I regret not getting are:

Renegade Ops
Burnout Paradise

Everything else I got I'm very happy with. Best summer pick was Warband and Tony gave the code out for that for free :lol

Its like a cruel joke. I bought Jade Empire as the sale was ending thinking that there was no way that it was going to be discounted any time soon. :-(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I liked Jade Empire when I played it on the OG Xbro several years back. Back then I'd lap up pretty much anything Bioware put out, though, I wonder if I'd enjoy it today.

Sober

oh my god there's tons of people who bought Jade Empire at 7.5 yesterday iirc lmao
Fell for it just like Bloodlines. Hasn't been on sale often enough that I guess the publisher discount would be enough. Soon after, it's discounted and featured.

This Steam thing just takes my money.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Jade Empire is alright. The combat gets really old. The story is a massive joke, but it includes furry heaven if that's your thing.

I went to download Force Unleashed 1 and Steam is telling me it is 30GB. Since Steam is on my small SSD, it is unlikely I will be able to download that much but I KNOW the game isn't that big.

I have a 1TB harddrive that I usually move stuff too after I download it, but in this case, I can't even download it. Argh.

I went to download Force Unleashed 1 and Steam is telling me it is 30GB. Since Steam is on my small SSD, it is unlikely I will be able to download that much but I KNOW the game isn't that big.

I have a 1TB harddrive that I usually move stuff too after I download it, but in this case, I can't even download it. Argh.

28.9GB

In the Steam beta, Valve added two new status for the friend's list. The two are Looking to Trade and Looking to Play. I assume that Valve may expand the search feature for Steam Community to look for people who specifically want to trade an item or play a game.

Yeah I was rounding a bit. Can it possibly be that this game is this large? I get that Max Paine 3 is. I guess I just never expected a 6 hour 6 year old Star Wars game to be 30GB.

It's going to be very hard to clear off that much space as I only have a 80GB SSD. I've cleared off about all the extra space I can and I still only have about 22GB even using Steam Cleaner and ccleaner.

Is there any way I can download it to a different directory on the 1TB drive even though Steam is installed on my SSD?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Yeah I was rounding a bit. Can it possibly be that this game is this large? I get that Max Paine 3 is. I guess I just never expected a 6 hour 6 year old Star Wars game to be 30GB.

It's going to be very hard to clear off that much space as I only have a 80GB SSD.

Is there any way I can download it to a different directory?

I think it has something to do with the languages/video. I think the cutscenes alone are 8gb. And it downloads every language at once, don't think you can just select one and download that one.

I remember they talked about it on some bombcast a while ago.

Enco

It's going to be very hard to clear off that much space as I only have a 80GB SSD. I've cleared off about all the extra space I can and I still only have about 22GB.

Is there any way I can download it to a different directory on the 1TB drive even though Steam is installed on my SSD?
Move steam to your hdd. It'll save you a lot of trouble in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom