• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

It's made by the same people that made Jolly Rover, it should be right up your alley.
But MacGuffin's Curse doesn't have furries in it, as far as I can tell...
Edit: Or does it? Is he a lycanthrope? It kind of looks like it from the banner.

Just noticed there were 4.7M people logged to Steam at once. Remind me please has the 5M barrier been already cracked in the past?
It has in the past, but Sunday is usually the peak day, and there's usually more people on during major events like Winter Sale (and Summer Sale...).

Wok

There is an interesting discussion on /r/IndieGaming/ started by the dev of A Virus Named TOM. The game was scheduled to be released this month, but it will finally be released after the Steam sales, as happened to QUBE (scheduled for early December 2011, released mid-January 2012). He is worried about his sale volumes. One interesting point is the game will cost $10, may be released with a 25% discount, and is already at a 50% discount (DRM free for Windows, and Steam key included) for pre-orderers. I am tempted now...

DagsJT

Just tried the ENB Series Mod on Driver SF and I'm very impressed with how it "fixes" the graphics. Highly recommended.

I understand how Steam is amazing but I've had nothing but problems with them from games being 'Unavailable', every download needing to be re-downloaded at least once and it sometimes not even starting!

/rant

Blizzard

Banned
I understand how Steam is amazing but I've had nothing but problems with them from games being 'Unavailable', every download needing to be re-downloaded at least once and it sometimes not even starting!

/rant
What region do you live in, and have you tried changing the download region to somewhere like Greenland, and restarting Steam? That sucks.

What region do you live in, and have you tried changing the download region to somewhere like Greenland, and restarting Steam? That sucks.

UK. Tried that a few times. Earlier for example, was trying to play Binding of Isaac but "this game is currently unavailable, please try again later" was the result every time.

The last 2 games I bought (Black Ops and Crysis) had to be re-downloaded.

:(

Blizzard

Banned
UK. Tried that a few times. Earlier for example, was trying to play Binding of Isaac but "this game is currently unavailable, please try again later" was the result every time.

The last 2 games I bought (Black Ops and Crysis) had to be re-downloaded.

:(
That's very strange. I'm not sure I even remember the last time I had to redownload a game. If you've tried two or three different content servers around the world, I really don't know what it could be aside from something specific to your location, like a bad authentication server.

Nabs

Chances of Steam Summer sale starting at June 30?

6/28 is my bet. I'd put money on that.

There is an interesting discussion on /r/IndieGaming/ started by the dev of A Virus Named TOM. The game was scheduled to be released this month, but it will finally be released after the Steam sales, as happened to QUBE (scheduled for early December 2011, released mid-January 2012). He is worried about his sale volumes. One interesting point is the game will cost $10, may be released with a 25% discount, and is already at a 50% discount (DRM free for Windows, and Steam key included) for pre-orderers. I am tempted now...

I think it all depends on the game and the marketing/press behind it. I'm not sure how much visibility AVNT has, but hopefully it'll gain some on release. I picked it up last week for five.

Sysgen

Not a big fan. It makes the colors look weird. In some way it's too bright but at the same time the cars look weird. For example the taxi are a greenish yellow instead of the classic cab yellow and the challenger is almost brown.

Didn't get his because of the required d/l manager (unless I'm missing something) so I found this and it looks really good.

Megasoum

Banned
Didn't get his because of the required d/l manager (unless I'm missing something) so I found this and it looks really good.

It's the same one (same author and same screenshots) and I you don't need a download manager but the website design is terrible so you have to find the right "free download" link in the middle of the dozen of paid links.

It be real nice if I could add funds to my wallet...

All day long, browser or Steam app I havent been able to make purchases or add funds to my wallet.

Ive had 2 support tickets open too for the last 6 hours yet no help yet.

Gah! I wasnt even buying a game, Im a F2P addict for Stronghold Kingdoms and I just wanted more cards lol.

Anyone ever have this issue and know how to resolve it?

Tambini

Yay it's my birthday! Most the money I receive will go towards the summer sale, I hope ARMA 2 pops up so I can try out DayZ!

Djamb3

So what games are in your "must buy in sale" list?

I'm currently playing Ass Creed 1, so I'll probably try the second. I'd also like to try blops1 but I don't see it going really down (at least as down as in one of the first sales where they had all COD to WaW at less than 30€).
There's still Arkham City, Dead Space 2, and probably a few more since I just moved to US and the prices are so much better in here

ShaneB

So what games are in your "must buy in sale" list?

I'm currently playing Ass Creed 1, so I'll probably try the second. I'd also like to try blops1 but I don't see it going really down (at least as down as in one of the first sales where they had all COD to WaW at less than 30€).
There's still Arkham City, Dead Space 2, and probably a few more since I just moved to US and the prices are so much better in here

I have like 60 games on my wishlist, not really stuff I'm waiting to buy I guess, just things I found interesting.

I'll put 100$ in my Steam Wallet, and will just be playing it by ear.

ezodagrom

3 Capcom games were just added to the registry (no idea what they are, the only thing it says is that they're a part of the Capcom Comp subscription).

MRORANGE

So if you win, you give someone a copy of bad rats, and if you lose... you're forced to receive a copy of bad rats and play through it?

pretty much.

Just saw the video of gameplay, it can't be that bad.

looking at the release window on Steam it's clear for July, so July 2nd is a more educated guess

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I looked and didn't find one so I'm wondering if there's an official Steam Guest Pass give-away thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom