• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL @ Death Rally costing $10 when it's free on the iphone.... in saying that it's not a bad game.

The iOS version has lots of IAP. In fact, you have to pay to get the better vehicles and weapons in multi-player, you can't just earn them: basically pay-to-have-a-chance-at-winning. Only the flamethrower requires a purchase in single-player, so it is fine. I have the game, but haven't bothered with multi-player.

I'm guessing the Steam version doesn't have IAP.

Dingotech

Expectations are different on Steam and consoles. There is already a niche for $10 content there and Death Rally fits into it nicely. But $10 on iOS is incredibly spendy. It's all relative.

It works in reverse as well. Games usually get a huge price drop when they get ported to iOS.

Flap expectations IMO, if the game is worth X on one platform I think it should be a similar price on other platforms unless it has more content or benefits...

But that's just my opinion.

It's not free on the iPhone though. It's currently $1.00 & has at least $19.00 of in-app purchases.

Fair enough, it was free for a very long time.

The iOS version has lots of IAP. In fact, you have to pay to get the better vehicles and weapons in multi-player, you can't just earn them: basically pay-to-have-a-chance-at-winning. Only the flamethrower requires a purchase in single-player, so it is fine. I have the game, but haven't bothered with multi-player.

I'm guessing the Steam version doesn't have IAP.

Yeah I never played the Multiplayer once it got the IAP, originally the game was a $0.99 purchase with all the content available, they slowly added content, then changed it over to IAP.
So at one point in time you could get most of the content without spending the $$.

gdt

Rage is worth it. AMAZING gunplay and visuals. Worth it for that.

Guys, guys. Guys.

The Quantum Conundrum DLC is hard. Really really fucking hard.

I don't know what id was thinking. They took so long to make Rage, and what even came of it? I never really had any interest in it and never saw much of any hype.

And the prices for the Doom games is always ridiculous. $15 for Doom 3, on a sale? $7.50 for Doom II? All you need to play Doom is the WAD file, which is all of what, 5 mb? $7.50 for a 17-year old 5 mb file.

sp3000

Rage is worth it. AMAZING gunplay and visuals. Worth it for that.

Guys, guys. Guys.

The Quantum Conundrum DLC is hard. Really really fucking hard.

I keep hearing people say Rage has great gunplay but somehow is also boring and repetitive

Rage is firmly on a level with many forgettable shooters this gen. I really can't recommend it for anything over $5, and even then most people will run out of gas before finishing it becaus it's about as interesting as peeling potatoes.

gdt

I keep hearing people say Rage has great gunplay but somehow is also boring and repetitive

Not the gunplay.

The mission/sidequest structure is very repetitive though.

Basically, do a main mission. Then, you can do a sidequest running through the same level/hideout/city area/whatever, but in reverse or something. Extremely lazy/copypaste sidequests.

bigace33

Took Death to Spies since I love stealth mechanics in games. Reign seemed interesting. King's Bounty was my first pick.
Games from the Indie Gala 7 Bundle:

Rig 'N Roll
Space Rangers
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
UFO: Afterlight
Star Wolves

Pick one game per person. I'll PM the steam key.

Just noticed all the games are published by the same company. Funny story. I bought it on happy hour, but forgot to select it as a gift. So I didn't get an extra gift of the bundle. Read the info, it explains it. Emailed support about it. See what they can do.

UFO?

Fireblend

Banned
Well, just finished Rayman Origins on co-op, including the
secret last stage
. That definitely gave me Cave Story's
Hell
flashbacks, so ridiculously hard and demanding. And it's such an amazing game. I've got to admit that it's close to dethroning Bastion as my game of 2011. Can't wait for Legends.

Yo ugh. I typed up my thoughts on eXceed 3rd, but my power randomly flickered just as I was about to hit submit. Anyway, for all eight (if even that) of you who have an interest in the games, it's really solid. Not sure just yet how much I like it, but I enjoy it waaay more than Jamestown and the Gundemonium Collection, at least. As many guitar riffs as there are bullets, amusingly.

LastWindow, I'll install the first two in a bit and see if those are translated. Third game is though.

I found out last night it's just the first game that isn't translated but there may be a patch at some point to translate it. I'm about to buy the trilogy myself here in a bit.

They actually aren't. There's a post on the Steam forums saying that the Double Fine guys are looking into it.

Maybe I'm wrong though lol

You can unlock them using a custom launch parameter which disables the internal vsync that the game has, I did it with Costume Quest. Stills feels weird.

Question about Steam and Green Man Gaming. I preorderd Borderlands 2 last weekend during the sale and I was wondering, when do you receive the Steam key? Closer to release?

1-D_FTW

Rage is awesome. If we're allowed to pimp Raven games as awesome in this thread, then I'm sure going to try and sell anyone on the fence for Rage. Great game. Absolutely worthy of the id logo.

kennah

Is your account US or Canadian? People on the SPUF have redeemed them on euro accounts and had the money show up in Euros ($20 = € 16.xx iirc), so I should work but whether or not you get USD will probably depend on your account region.
Canadian but everything goes through as USD

So another IndieGala happy hour, another bunch of games I have to give away to SteamGaf

Rig N Roll (3 copies)
Space Rangers (4 copies)
Reign: Conflicts of Nations (4 copies)
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943 (4 copies)
Death to Spies + Death to Spies: Moment of Truth (3 copies)
King's Bounty: Armoured Princess (3 copies)
UFO: Afterlight (3 copies)
Star Wolves (3 copies)

So just quote me and tell me which game you want (You can ask for two if you want but don't be greedy) and I'll PM you the steam key, first come first served

bigace33

So another IndieGala happy hour, another bunch of games I have to give away to SteamGaf

Rig N Roll (3 copies)
Space Rangers (4 copies)
Reign: Conflict of Nations (4 copies)
Star Wolves (3 copies)

So just quote me and tell me which game you want (You can ask for two if you want but don't be greedy) and I'll PM you the steam key, first come first served

space rangers

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Rig N Roll (3 copies)
Space Rangers (4 copies)
Star Wolves (3 copies)

I'd like theater of war

Spl1nter

Rig N Roll (3 copies)
Space Rangers (4 copies)
Star Wolves (3 copies)

If that is Space Rangers 2 I would gladly take that key to play the game.

bigace33

Rig N Roll (3 copies)
Space Rangers (4 copies)
Star Wolves (3 copies)

Again, Thanks for Space Rangers, shorty.

Rig N Roll (3 copies)
Space Rangers (4 copies)
Star Wolves (3 copies)

I would love Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom