• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Titan Quest Gold is awesome. I had a lot of fun playing through it in Co-op. Make sure you grab Gold and install the expansion before playing. The fan patch is also ideal.

Good luck getting Titan Quest to run on a Win7 machine.

I had absolutely no issues here. It ran beautifully.

FYI, tomorrow's Quakecon deal will be 75% everything Doom and Quake related and 66% off Fallout 3/New Vegas/NV DLC.

Also available: the TF2 Quakecon Items Pack for £7.99 (for comparison, Rage is currently £6.49) :lol

This will make the NV DLC packs 1.65 a piece. Good thing I only bought OWB duringt the summer sale :D.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know if this is old news, but someone just mentioned that Ghostbusters was removed from Steam. I'm not sure why...PC compatibility issues? Four DLC packs still show up on the store though.

ShaneB

I guess I'll wait on Rage. The standard price of 20 bucks means it'll probably drop down to 75% off/5 bucks during the winter sale. I can hold off!

Dunno if its a bug or what but Death Rally is showing 30% off atm not the 15% before

http://store.steampowered.com/app/108700/

6.99, grab it while you can before it goes back to 15% off

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8554/

Death Rally is Now Available on Steam and 15% off until Friday, August 10th 10AM PDT!

This is no Sunday Drive. This is Death Rally, so be prepared to be blown away, literally. Make a run for the finish line with a trail of burnt rubber and spent brass behind you..along with the flaming wreckage of any fool dumb enough to get in your way.

The gameplay is addictive, intense, explosive fun! Win races, upgrade your cars and weapons to defeat incredible boss drivers to beat the story mode. Join the multiplayer! lock and load and enter the Death Rally, humiliate and destroy your opponents or sabotage their race. You choose how you win, NO TRICK IS TOO DIRTY!

Also, Remedy would like to thank all their fans on Steam by offering an additional 15% off to Alan Wake and Alan Wake American Nightmare owners.

It's 30% off for people who own Alan Wake. :p

Hargenx

I'm always "dating" Rage, but all I already see of the game, never made me really go hummm... LOL

The game appears to be so generic, I don't know...

Levyne

Banned
Same here. I was one of the guys who wanted Rage to be the vote deal when it first peeked its head in the summer sale, now it's been discounted many times since and I still can't get myself to purchase.

HoosTrax

I spent a ton of time with Titan Quest back in the day, still my favorite game of this genre (don't have D3 though, so can't comment). The cool loot (the stuff that looks like it's out of the movie 300, like the Spartan helms with plumes and such) doesn't really drop in Normal mode, so I would always speedrun through Normal mode for any new characters I made. Normal is admittedly very boring, and I don't think you have enough skill points at that point to be able to do the really outlandish moves.

I also used the TQDefiler and TQVault mods a lot, to customize various parameters and have extended storage, respectively.

I installed Two Worlds yesterday, I dont think you could possibly make a worse character creation option. They would have been better off without a creation altogether. You can choose 4 skin tones and slightly change your height and shoulder width, you can't even choose a name! They probably did this so they could use all the cutscenes without changing the character to you, but the cut scenes are terrible anyways. I will try to play again tonight but I am not seeing so far how this game had average+ reviews (I think it is 70 something on meta) I hope I am wrong and it gets better.

Relax.MX

RAGE is the perfect definition of ''Meh'' or ''Soulless'', very low start, and the start is 12 hrs, and the game is 15 hrs to finish...

Wait for 5 usd, mediocre game and a very bad port

kafiend

I spent a ton of time with Titan Quest back in the day, still my favorite game of this genre (don't have D3 though, so can't comment). The cool loot (the stuff that looks like it's out of the movie 300, like the Spartan helms with plumes and such) doesn't really drop in Normal mode, so I would always speedrun through Normal mode for any new characters I made. Normal is admittedly very boring, and I don't think you have enough skill points at that point to be able to do the really outlandish moves.

I also used the TQDefiler and TQVault mods a lot, to customize various parameters and have extended storage, respectively.

Either of these tools do anything to alter the game font? The only reason I put this down was because the font is far to small to read without leaning in close to the monitor. :(

Edit: Despite looking before I didn't have any luck. My google skills must have improved as I just ended up at - http://home.comcast.net/~jmd.dave/tq/tq.html

The UI overhauls made it so that Immortal Throne font is better :)

I don't know if this is old news, but someone just mentioned that Ghostbusters was removed from Steam. I'm not sure why...PC compatibility issues? Four DLC packs still show up on the store though.

I don't know why it was removed but I'm glad I was able to get it before it happened. I'm not seeing any DLC content for it though. I see Sanctum of Slime which is a stand alone game and has one DLC pack.

RAGE is the perfect definition of ''Meh'' or ''Soulless'', very low start, and the start is 12 hrs, and the game is 15 hrs to finish...

Wait for 5 usd, mediocre game and a very bad port

Yeah "Soulless" is a really good way to put it. As a game it's just fairly hollow. And it goes on for entirely too long. The town hubs felt lifeless as well.

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned, but I'd expect Trenched to make an appearance in the store soon. There are a few people (I'd imagine Double Fine employees) who already have the game on their gamercard - as of two weeks ago. Oh yeah, the IP is owned by Microsoft so GFWL it is. It looks like the Martian Bear expansion will be bundled in with the game too, not sold as DLC.

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned, but I'd expect Trenched to make an appearance in the store soon. There are a few people (I'd imagine Double Fine employees) who already have the game on their gamercard - as of two weeks ago. Oh yeah, the IP is owned by Microsoft so GFWL it is. It looks like the Martian Bear expansion will be bundled in with the game too, not sold as DLC.

Wait, you've seen the game show up on Steam profiles or you've seen something like Iron Brigade PC on Live profiles?

Miker

GFWL? WHYYYYY. That means I'll buy it in a bundle and not individually to ease the pain.

I had lots of fun with Death Rally on my iPhone when it went free for some time and I thought about picking up on Steam again but now I don't even want to buy it with the 30% off since it doesn't seem to add anything substantial over the iOS version (well, except for better graphics and controls of course).

It's a bummer, I expected at least some local multiplayer. Meh.

Wanted to stab my dick with a pencil when I read GFWL. Fuck this shit.

gdt

Trenched GFWL? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I love DF, but thats hard to swallow. I might wait for a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom