• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigace33

All you need is bluetooth and the dolphin emulator. You could set the games up to work with a mouse.

You can do the same thing with a 360 or PS3 controller. Just map the waggle to the x/square button, map the pointer to the right stick and you are good to go. Games that use the classic controller are the best because they play like traditional controlled games. Games that use the wiimote and nunchuck are easy to map and play very well.

catabarez

You can do the same thing with a 360 or PS3 controller. Just map the waggle to the x/square button, map the pointer to the right stick and you are good to go. Games that use the classic controller are the best because they play like traditional controlled games. Games that use the wiimote and nunchuck are easy to map and play very well.

Oh I know this lol. He just wanted some mouse support though :p

bigace33

I bought Risen for $5 (summer sale special yesterday), happily downloaded and installed, and got a pop-up message requesting permission to install TAGES. If I click 'No', the game woudn't start. This is even though their page clearly advertises the game as 'DRM-free'.

I've emailed GamersGate support. Not particularly happy at the moment. :/

Sorry for the double posts, and I'm not advocating piracy in the least, but there are work around's to the awful tages. I bought The Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena and it had horrible tages drm, and I couldn't get the game to work. I legally own this game, so I cracked it in seconds and was off playing it. Going through tages I could not get it to work for some reason.

1-D_FTW

Gamestop Downloads has Quantum Conundrum for 7.49 and it's Steamworks.

Between the video reviews and the demo, I already know the narrator is going to be an icepick to the brain, but Gamestop doesn't have many competitive sales on Steamworks games. And I'm sick of a 25 dollar gift card that's lying around. So I just bought it. I could step foot into enemy territory and just buy a Steam card with it, but I'd prefer not to.

Gvaz

Banned
Sorry for the double posts, and I'm not advocating piracy in the least, but there are work around's to the awful tages. I bought The Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena and it had horrible tages drm, and I couldn't get the game to work. I legally own this game, so I cracked it in seconds and was off playing it. Going through tages I could not get it to work for some reason.
The problem with tages is that you manually have to install tages. Uninstall whatever version steam gives you, go to the tages website, download that one, and install it.

Your game will run fine after.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The problem with tages is that you manually have to install tages. Uninstall whatever version steam gives you, go to the tages website, download that one, and install it.

Your game will run fine after.

Or you know, just do what he did and ignore the shit all together.

Derrick01

Banned
I wish steam workshop could be put onto older games. I was thinking of re-modding New Vegas on my new hard drive and I just couldn't make myself go through the effort. It wasn't hard but it was a damn chore manually placing each one in the correct spot and then the correct order.

Exuro

I wish steam workshop could be put onto older games. I was thinking of re-modding New Vegas on my new hard drive and I just couldn't make myself go through the effort. It wasn't hard but it was a damn chore manually placing each one in the correct spot and then the correct order.
Is there a reason it technically can't?

Derrick01

Banned
Is there a reason it technically can't?

Not that I'm aware of but I don't think Obsidian or Bethesda are going to go back and make it work. Plus the mod scene is fairly dead there now. Most of the substantial mods were created and tweaked a year+ ago.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So is Quake 4 any good?? I had the opportunity to play it on the 360 at launch, but passed it up (not sure why.)
The single-player campaign of Q4 is really good on PC imo. It had terrible multiplayer though :(

Fireblend

Banned
So I noticed that back in June Stealth Bastard's dev announced that a Steam version is in the works. Great news, I really enjoyed the free version, which you guys should check out if you haven't.

Turnstyle

Post sales regret:

I bought quite a few bits and bobs in the Steam sale, loads to be getting on with. Blackwell Deception was in my 'want' list, but I didn't buy it at 50% off, because I already had the 2nd and 3rd Blackwell games to play through.

Well, I just finished them and now I want more. WHY DIDN'T I SPEND AN EXTRA £3.49 DURING THE SALES!?!?!

I also finished off Dream Machine chapter 3 last night. Such a fantastic game and story, but no sign of a chapter 4 release date yet as far as I can tell.

vocab

Post sales regret:

I bought quite a few bits and bobs in the Steam sale, loads to be getting on with. Blackwell Deception was in my 'want' list, but I didn't buy it at 50% off, because I already had the 2nd and 3rd Blackwell games to play through.

Well, I just finished them and now I want more. WHY DIDN'T I SPEND AN EXTRA £3.49 DURING THE SALES!?!?!

I also finished off Dream Machine chapter 3 last night. Such a fantastic game and story, but no sign of a chapter 4 release date yet as far as I can tell.

I bought deception because I knew it wasn't gonna get cheaper. Dream Machine Chapter 4 should be done eventually. It's no Telltale episodic release schedule, but the game has high quality art assets, and the devs take their time in making a quality product. I'll wait as long as it takes.

1-D_FTW

So is Quake 4 any good?? I had the opportunity to play it on the 360 at launch, but passed it up (not sure why.)

Single player sucked. Play the demo. They literally cobbled all the interesting sections into one space. The rest of the game is just the d-roll filler.

RAGE absolutely takes a giant, steaming dump on the game. And then comes back to do it again.

MNC

I hope if New Vegas isn't too handsomely priced, some other site comes along and sweeps me off my feet :)

RAGE @ 6 bucks (GameFly) is awfully tempting though...

vocab

The single-player campaign of Q4 is really good on PC imo. It had terrible multiplayer though :(

I played it competitively. It had its moments, but the support from the devs came way too late, and when they patched it they turned the game into a joke. This game pretty much almost killed quake in general.

I never played singleplayer. Just wasn't interested. I know it has
You being put on a conveyor belt, and being sawed in half to be built into the opposing faction, which is a direction most games don't even explore

Nabs

Isn't it installing the bonus content?

I just found the bonus episodes an hour ago. It took me a while.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Is anyone else on a Mac unable to download The Book of Unwritten Tales demo? I keep getting an error related to "Invalid content configuration."

Edit: Looks like there isn't a Mac demo. That's a shame, as I wanted to know if it would run on my Macbook Air.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hack, Slash, Loot is an awful roguelike. There are countless free ones out there which are better games and more fun. But if you have to play one on Steam just play Dungeons of Dredmor. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Also it's nice to see the retail price finally drop on New Vegas and the DLC.

Gravijah

Hack, Slash, Loot is an awful roguelike. There are countless free ones out there which are better games and more fun. But if you have to play one on Steam just play Dungeons of Dredmor. Don't say I didn't warn you.

but it has hacking, slashing and looting.

MNC

Ugh, it's more expensive than the summer sale.

Fallout New Vegas in the UK is the cheapest.

€ 19.99 € 6.79

$ 19.99 $ 6.79 » € 5.55 (-18.26%)

£ 9.99 £ 3.39 » € 4.31 (-36.52%)

DLC is cheapest in US.

Hmmm.

I'll wait till the end of the day to see if GMG or whatever picks up the sale as well.

Also, what are the big DLCs for Fallout?

I finally started playing The Walking Dead and it's a stuttering mess and there's some crazy mouse lag. I'm really disappointed. I'm not finding much information on it other than it's a known issue.

Isn't it installing the bonus content?

I just found the bonus episodes an hour ago. It took me a while.

Yeah I kinda wish they explained how to get to them after you beat the game. I had to scour the Steam Game Forums for Alan Wake for a bit before I figured it out.

Darksiders v-sync doesn't work right? Should I use D3DOverrider or something? (ATI user here).

I've tried to force it through D3D but it wouldnt work for me. (i had vsync disabled in the nvidia control panel. is that the right way?)

MRORANGE

I finally started playing The Walking Dead and it's a stuttering mess and there's some crazy mouse lag. I'm really disappointed. I'm not finding much information on it other than it's a known issue.

I didn't have any of those problems.

One of my favourite games this year so far.

Leonsito

I don't know if I should buy Fallout 3 GOTY.

I already have beaten the game on Xbox with all the DLC, but I'm tempted to get the PC version to see the graphics upgrade and use mods... worth it?

I didn't have any of those problems.

One of my favourite games this year so far.

I've heard a lot of good things. The stuttering issues mainly occur during non interactive cutscenes. I couldn't even tell what was going on during the first major cutscene when my character was running from zombies on bum leg.

I just found this on their forum:

I'm using an ATI card and the performance is choppy in the woods in the beginning.

This is a known issue with the ATI drivers. You can temporarily turn shadows off in the options menu of the game to resolve this. Once you're through that portion of the game, you can change your shadow settings back to what they were.

So maybe now that I got through that section things will improve.

KingKong

I already played fallout 3 sp but none of the dlc

1) are they good? Compared to fallout nv dlc
2) is it easy to play them without playing the main story?

legacyzero

Banned
I already played fallout 3 sp but none of the dlc

1) are they good? Compared to fallout nv dlc
2) is it easy to play them without playing the main story?

Point Lookout is worth the $6 and THEN some.

The same could be said for New Vegas' Dead Money. Some of the best DLC I've played in ANY game period.

I've heard a lot of good things. The stuttering issues mainly occur during non interactive cutscenes. I couldn't even tell what was going on during the first major cutscene when my character was running from zombies on bum leg.

I just found this on their forum:

So maybe now that I got through that section things will improve.

Yeah, I had really bad stuttering at first but it runs fine with shadows turned down to low.

I've still had a few weird technical hiccups, but nothing game-breaking, and the game is fantastic otherwise.

louiedog

A week or two ago a listing for Iron Brigade beta showed up in the Steam registry. Just now on twitter the project lead for the game had a conversation with Ryan Davis that looks like the game is going to use GFWL. It's not much of a surprise considering it's a Microsoft Studios game. Hopefully they pull a Toy Soldiers down the line if their contract allows it and they can justify the cost.

@taswell (Ryan Davis):

every time I try and play a GFW game, the client crashes trying to recover my profile. it's...pretty cool.

@MrMooEar (Brad Muir of Double Fine):

@taswell noooooooooooooooooo! You're gonna need that. :(

@taswell:

@MrMooEar YEAH, I KNOW. WHY DO YOU THINK I'M TRYING TO PLAY A STOOPID GFW GAME. :(((((((

It's not official or anything and could be another game, but I doubt Double Fine has anything coming directly to PC anytime soon that hasn't been announced.

edit: And then there was this: xbox.com listing

I really wish they would tell us when Torchlight 2 is coming out....I preordered it a week ago on Steam after watching some beta videos. Ugh at least tell us when damnit
LLShC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom