• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanKZ

Age of Empires Gold
Age of Empires 2 Gold
The Madness games, although most importantly, the original Motocross Madness

AoE1 and 2 will never hit steam without some development work by Microsoft. Play AoE2 on anything above Windows ME and it's a graphical mess.

If Microsoft were to make some of their old strategy games open source and then modded by the community it would solve a lot of problems. But hey, this is Microsoft.

EDIT: Just picked up Darksiders II on GMG with todays deal code thingy. Saved myself a few quid doing so. Super hyped about it. Probably going to pick up Sleeping Dogs and Dark souls as well this month. Urk, expensive.

HoosTrax

^ MGS needs to stop bumbling around making crappy F2P flight sims that they end up axing anyway, and get on with updating their back catalog to work on Windows 7 and starting selling digital copies. It's almost like they don't want to make money in the PC gaming space (or don't know how to). It's funny reading the AoE3/AoEO Steam forums and every other thread is someone begging for AoE2 or RoN or some other old MGS game.

Hmmm so what old Microsoft game should MS add in Steam? I'm waiting for Age of Mythology.
I still want the full Mechwarrior 4 series to be made available.

Ledsen

Done with Alice Madness Returns. Took me about 13 hours. Don't have everything unlocked, about 80% finished in that regard.

Anyway, what a great game! Should have picked this up earlier. It's a damn good platformer, fun puzzles (but nothing difficult) and the most strange setting. Wonderland is really messed up again, with Alice wandering through a strange factory, what looks like the inside of an heart to find the Queen, a wierd dollhouse, etc. Story started out rather weak but became interesting towards the end. Only thing that prevents it from being a real great game for me is the repetitive nature of some parts. Sometimes you are forced to do the same thing three times to unlock the path to the next part, the combat becomes a bit stale after a while. The pacing could have been better.

But really glad I picked it up and can definitely recommend it.

I'm amazed you finished it. The overly long and repetitive stages made me quit after about 4 hours. Should've been half the length imo.

legacyzero

Banned
I wonder what the daily is for today?

Come on Quake 4!

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if you havn't bought Fallout 3 and New Vegas. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

MRORANGE

Come on Quake 4!

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if you havn't bought Fallout 3 and New Vegas. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

WcBkp.jpg

After spending 700hrs playing louis in l4d this avatar always brings a smile to my face.

MNC

Come on Quake 4!

Waiting for someone to give it to me because my backlog can't handle New Vegas + DLC. So why buy now?

DOA

The description says:
This game requires a free Steam account to play.

So yes :p

didn't see that there (i'm probably going voluntary blind, because i'm already broke, and if i'll buy the game, i'll need to sell a kidney or two + my liver)

Enco

Thinking about Sleeping Dogs (from GMG).

No PC info yet though. What if it's a shitty port? When does the 25% off code run out?

edit: screw it. I went for it and pre ordered. The TF2 items look nice but they're not £7 nice.

Derrick01

Banned
Thinking about Sleeping Dogs (from GMG).

No PC info yet though. What if it's a shitty port? When does the 25% off code run out?

edit: screw it. I went for it and pre ordered. The TF2 items look nice but they're not £7 nice.

I'm a bit worried about the lack of PC info too. This is very unusual of Eidos developed and published games.

I would buy a videogame but I just spent 50 on dinner with a girl last night :p

What, was she was only 40% off? Gotta wait for the daily deals, dude. Better yet, wait for the flash sale. Flash. Giggidy.

Edit: all the love for Alice: Madness Returns and Driver SF in this thread warms my heart and my cockles. Whatever a cockle is.

Hitman sure is great. Just spent about 3 hours playing a level, it crashed right before I make the final hit and escape. I lost my saves. What's the fucking point of a save if it doesn't work?

HoosTrax

I actually impulse bought a piece of hardware instead of a game, for a change:

41%2BlpzUjr7L._AA300_.jpg

Mad Catz BrawlStick for $30 (I'm getting rid of the horrid artwork featuring Triple-H and the Rock as soon as possible...)

Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet...SFIV obviously. Maybe Ys, considering I have to use my 360 pad in an unorthodox way to play those games (index and middle finger on Attack/Jump). And Jamestown.

Nabs

Mad Catz BrawlStick for $30 (I'm getting rid of the horrid artwork featuring Triple-H and the Rock as soon as possible...)

Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet...SFIV obviously. Maybe Ys, considering I have to use my 360 pad in an unorthodox way to play those games (index and middle finger on Attack/Jump). And Jamestown.

That's an excellent buy. I've heard that the parts aren't as bad as the original SE stick, so you should be able to use it right out the box with no problems. If you notice anything off about the buttons or stick, just switch em out with quality arcade parts.

For those wondering, the BrawlStick is 30 bucks on Amazon (both 360 and PS3).

StuBurns

Banned
The Doom pack is annoying, it's so cheap, but if I'm going to get it with BFG in a couple of months, pointless. I really want to know if it's going to be a Steamworks package, I imagine it is, but I don't know.

Dambrosi

Banned

That's an excellent choice. Great response from both stick and buttons, plus actually affordable for once. You can even temporarily change the stick to right analogue pad by holding down the Select/Back button. Overall, it's a great budget stick. I have the 360 version, which works on PC out of the gate (not sure about the PS3 version, I hope it does), and want to either get it dual-modded or buy another one for my PS3, whichever's cheapest.

Protip: Get Joy2Key and try it with Binding Of Isaac. Shit's nuts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom