• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Protip: Get Joy2Key and try it with Binding Of Isaac. Shit's nuts. :)
Good call, hadn't thought of trying it with BoI before you mentioned it. Good opportunity to finally try out the Wrath of the Lamb DLC I got a couple of weeks ago too.

I'm trying to think of some PC-centric (i.e. no Anime) artwork to put on the stick. Ideas so far include Bastion.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm thinking about maybe replaying Doom 3...should I go with today's deal or is it worth it to wait for BFG edition? Anything worth the wait in the new release?

So I'm thinking about maybe replaying Doom 3...should I go with today's deal or is it worth it to wait for BFG edition? Anything worth the wait in the new release?

New release includes a bunch of new levels especially designed for the occasion and apparently rebalancing of the old ones (moar ammo), also Doom 1 & 2 included.

MNC

Is there anything outside of Doom 3 worth buying from id? Already own ultimate doom and I'm not particularly looking for multiplayer games.

The Doom pack is annoying, it's so cheap, but if I'm going to get it with BFG in a couple of months, pointless. I really want to know if it's going to be a Steamworks package, I imagine it is, but I don't know.

Fallout: New Vegas, RAGE and Skyrim are Steamworks games, so I would assume that BFG will be as well.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Toki Tori looks and sounds interesting. Cheap too at $1.24. Anyone have any opinions on it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does Toki Tori still have the ApSci levels and the ApSci Shower Curtain item? They were awesome.

Credo

Does anyone remember what the Doom pack was on sale for during the last Christmas sale? I'm a little tempted to pick up some of them now, but if I remember correctly, the pack deal was somewhere around $20, so I'm leaning toward waiting until December.

derExperte

Toki Tori looks and sounds interesting. Cheap too at $1.24. Anyone have any opinions on it?

Loved it. If you can get over the cutesy visuals you'll find that the puzzles are really clever and get challenging fast. One of the best 2D puzzle games of the last few years, can't wait for part 2.

Finished The Darkness 2. It's a really decent shooter. The gameplay was solid and the story was good and not horrible or cringe-worthy. Good voice actors and characterizations. I definitely liked the in in-game first person cutscenes instead of the traditional game cutscenes every 3 minutes. Finished it in 2 sittings for about 6-7 hours total. I got it for $12 earlier in the year and will absolutely be on board if there is a The Darkness 3.

jediyoshi

Finished The Darkness 2. It's a really decent shooter. The gameplay was solid and the story was good and not horrible or cringe-worthy. Good voice actors and characterizations. I definitely liked the in in-game first person cutscenes instead of the traditional game cutscenes every 3 minutes. Finished it in 2 sittings for about 6-7 hours total. I got it for $12 earlier in the year and will absolutely be on board if there is a The Darkness 3.

Now go and play Vendettas mode! Does a nice job of fleshing out some of the rest of the world that goes on concurrently with single player.

Good call, hadn't thought of trying it with BoI before you mentioned it. Good opportunity to finally try out the Wrath of the Lamb DLC I got a couple of weeks ago too.

I'm trying to think of some PC-centric (i.e. no Anime) artwork to put on the stick. Ideas so far include Bastion.

A Steam/Valve theme would look nice. Good artwork and joystick/buttons to go with it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

A while back I made a chart that showed a surprising correlation between people who do not like toki tori and racists.

Koroviev

Why wouldn't you want moe girls on your stick?

Razek

Banned
I could use some help.
Sorry to be completely OT but:

Does anyone know of an external program to limit a games framerate to my choosing (specifically 30fps and not 60fps)? Google is failing me. I'm playing GTA4:EFLC and the fluctuations between 35-55 are making me dizzy. I have d3dOverrider going but it only limits to 60. Setting the game to a lower detail level looks awful and I may as well just go back to the ps3 version then (aka out of the question).

HoosTrax

Why wouldn't you want moe girls on your stick?
- If that's supposed to be innuendo, it'd be funnier if I had that kind of stick :p
- If it's not innuendo -- well I just don't play many games with Anime artwork. Other than Ys and Recettear.

I'll see about making some mockups with the Bastion idea I had and the Steam/Valve theme LastWindow had, see what you guys think.

bede-x

Can anyone explain why Cave Story+ doesn't support the 360 controller, even though it says it's controller compatible? I've tried both my tournament edition stick and a regular 360 controller, but the game doesn't respond to either and there doesn't seem to be an option to change that. Both controllers work fine in other games like Jamestown.

HoosTrax

Can anyone explain why Cave Story+ doesn't support the 360 controller,
It does (I just checked with my 360 controller). Is all of this properly configured?
cavestorycontrols.png

Koroviev

- If that's supposed to be innuendo, it'd be funnier if I had that kind of stick :p
- If it's not innuendo -- well I just don't play many games with Anime artwork. Other than Ys and Recettear.

I'll see about making some mockups with the Bastion idea I had and the Steam/Valve theme LastWindow had, see what you guys think.

You're like the 6th lady I've discovered on GAF, lol.

Nabs

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Why is Steam on OSX so terrible? I can't uninstall games without the program freezing. Is there another way to delete them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom