• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
I just pre-ordered Sleeping Dogs from GMG for $29...............

I'm ruined, I literally can't eat for a couple of days now...

PCGMR-ALLIN-GREEN

25% off any game.

Is the only one out other than the specialized Dark Souls coupon.

Can anyone let me know how much Borderlands comes to in the UK/Europe regions? It's down to $37.50 here, but I heard that you guys get a better deal over there (for once). With PayPal fees it may not be worth it, but I'm still curious. Thanks!

Completed the other quest, Lost to the Ages, Dawnguard introduces and am only left with the grind-y achievements. Grind up the Vampire and Werewolf ability trees (been screwing around with Werewolf and am almost done) and grind up to level 70 (this is what I've read) to fight a Legendary Dragon. And shoot a magic arrow at the sun.

I think I have to totally switch up how I'm playing my character if I want to level him up at a decent speed. Gotta lose my awesome Daedric Ebony armor that makes me damned near invisible when I crouch, got lose the one handed melee weapon and shield and start playing with light armor, knives, bows, two handed, I guess.

The Legendary Dragon may have to wait until there's more content that will allow me to level up without mindless grinding.

Still not worth 20$ imo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can anyone let me know how much Borderlands comes to in the UK/Europe regions? It's down to $37.50 here, but I heard that you guys get a better deal over there (for once). With PayPal fees it may not be worth it, but I'm still curious. Thanks!

£22.50.

JaseC

ah which is pointless since we can just use the 25% off coupon and save more than the daily deal. Still not a bad price at 29.99

The 25% code is one-use, though, so the Dark Souls one is helpful for those who have already used/intend to use it on something else.

Edit: It wouldn't work more than once yesterday, I swear!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Regarding todays daily deal: Hack Slash Loot (Original post)
^ So what you're basically saying is that as soon as you walk
over an item like a potion, it's immediately used?

That's...pretty restrictive. Oh well, there's always Dungeons of Dredmor and Binding of Isaac. The graphics are kind of cute in a Realm of the Mad God way.

Yep, there are games that actually manage to be tactical about their simplified game mechanics, but I think Hack Slash Loot is very poorly balanced in that regard. Did we have a roguelike thread? We really should have one.

GMG won't accept my Paypal account for some reason, even though my email account for both services is the same.. :( Guess I'll be playing $10 extra for Dark Souls!

JaseC

Maybe I'm wrong then. Maybe I used a different code for Borderlands 2, that offered the same amount?

Oh well you would save around $2.

Out of curiosity, I tried it again and it applied just fine. Must have been incorrectly flagged as a one-use code.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What's GAF's opinion on getting Hitman Absolution for $34 from GMG? And what about paying 10 bucks more for the bundle with Sniper Challenge?

wazoo

ID Software games will be discounted 75% today on steam to close the Quakecon week end. I will probably take Quake 4 and/or Doom 3.

Blizzard

Banned
If this is a real Steam support response the wording from the support person is kind of funny, like they're threatening the person who asked the question:

http://i.imgur.com/YM7Hq.png

I'm kind of sad about the no-refund-if-your-account-is-deactivated policy, but it's in the license agreement or whatnot.

Card Boy

Banned
If this is a real Steam support response the wording from the support person is kind of funny, like they're threatening the person who asked the question:

http://i.imgur.com/YM7Hq.png

I'm kind of sad about the no-refund-if-your-account-is-deactivated policy, but it's in the license agreement or whatnot.

Judging from the shitty Steam support i have dealt with that answer is probably real. I hope someone takes Valve to court over this shit (I'm not talking about customer support). They need a real shakedown.

Enco

I have saves for more than 100 games on this computer.You expect me to manually add all the different crazy ass locations each game saves their information, one by one, on SugarSync, only to lose it all when I format my computer/if the HDD malfunctions or anything like that, when there's a piece of software that scans my entire computer with the click of a button for saves, compares them for changes, compresses and throws them on a folder, which is already monitored by whatever cloud solution I prefer? Let's not forget that said software also retrieves said saves automatically if so desired?

And you won't use it because it's "ugly"? You're crazy.

I'm going to have to side with drizzle here: Gamesave Manager is nigh-essential these days, especially if you have a Dropbox, Skydrive or Google Drive installed, or want to have Steam files on multiple drives. The UI has also improved quite a bit in the 3.0 iteration. I'll assume Enco only tried the original beta version or something.
I guess I can give it another shot since you guys speak so highly of it. I've trid the latest version.

Blizzard

Banned
Judging from the shitty Steam support i have dealt with that answer is probably real. I hope someone takes Valve to court over this shit (I'm not talking about customer support). They need a real shakedown.
That license agreement update is the one that prevents lawsuits or something like that, so it might be difficult to even try to take something to court. I'm assuming it's legal though, since it's all in the license agreements and you don't have many other options.

*edit* I just realized I'm really slow and there was already a thread on it.

vall03

can anyone help me? I was able to play early this morning and now whenever I open Steam, it keeps on updating, the whenever it reaches 100% it just closes itself and when I open it again it starts the update again.

Card Boy

Banned
Does F3 Goty come with Securom and GfWL, just like old ordinary F3 did?

GFWL, enjoy.

3938234+_2c931c44d3028dfab4c89622c00e4dfb.jpg

hehehehehehe

Done with Alice Madness Returns. Took me about 13 hours. Don't have everything unlocked, about 80% finished in that regard.

Anyway, what a great game! Should have picked this up earlier. It's a damn good platformer, fun puzzles (but nothing difficult) and the most strange setting. Wonderland is really messed up again, with Alice wandering through a strange factory, what looks like the inside of an heart to find the Queen, a wierd dollhouse, etc. Story started out rather weak but became interesting towards the end. Only thing that prevents it from being a real great game for me is the repetitive nature of some parts. Sometimes you are forced to do the same thing three times to unlock the path to the next part, the combat becomes a bit stale after a while. The pacing could have been better.

But really glad I picked it up and can definitely recommend it.

Kipe

can anyone help me? I was able to play early this morning and now whenever I open Steam, it keeps on updating, the whenever it reaches 100% it just closes itself and when I open it again it starts the update again.

Try updating in safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom