• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Edit: Speaking of Section 8. Can someone explain to me the differences between Section 8 / Tribes / Planetside / Unreal Tournament Onslaught Mode? They all look pretty much the same to me, but I'm sure there're major gameplay differences beyond the aesthetics.

Tribes has "skiing" in there. It also has a steep learning curve (definitely one of the more skillful FPSs i've played). It's kinda fun.

Planetside is an mmo FPS where the game never ends. You take bases (sectors?) and stuff to get resources. Meaning you can hop on, fight and take a base and then log off. Apparently there will be be thousands of people on at once so yeah.

I still don't know how to explain it thoroughly enough since i've never played the series before but that's the gist of it i think. Not sure about the other 2 games.

I never played Toki Tori. Don't hurt me.

That's unpossible! You have Toki in your name...

xJavonta

Banned
Dunno if this has been posted or not, but in GameStop's App "Impulse" or whatever it's called, Deus Ex:Human Revolution is $5. It's a Steamworks title.

Also, I'm already not liking Impulse. A huge pop-up just interrupted my typing to "inform me" of a deal that I was just looking at

Gvaz

Banned
O15k9.png
What If I've never played toki tori and still think it looks bad.

ironcreed

Banned
Really enjoying my time with Steam so far. Have not been back on my consoles in 2 days. I needed a change of pace and am enjoying playing Half-Life 2 again, checking out some Source mods and playing ARMA: Cold War Assault for the first time. Great game and hard as hell.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Really enjoying my time with Steam so far. Have not been back on my consoles in 2 days. I needed a change of pace and am enjoying playing Half-Life 2 again, checking out some Source mods and playing ARMA: Cold War Assault for the first time. Great game and hard as hell.

Oh man you have barely tapped the wonder that is Steam

ironcreed

Banned
Oh man you have barely tapped the wonder that is Steam

Yes, I am already starting to see that it is a well of win that runs deep indeed. I just will not be able take advantage of a lot of the more current stuff until I get a proper gaming rig. It's something that is long overdue, but I plan to rectify it hopefully before too long. Until then, I'll just enjoy some older stuff here and there. There is plenty of it.

Toki767

That's what I thought...I don't feel too bad now. But I mean...the key was there for almost 30 minutes before I even saw it so now I really don't feel bad.

HoosTrax

Do co op vs bots..play zeus.
Or play regular online match and troll your teammates by kill-stealing them non-stop using Zeus's ultimate. That works too.

---

I don't remember how, but I have Toki Tori in my library somehow. I only got halfway into the third of five worlds before I got hopelessly stuck though :s

mannerbot

That's what I thought...I don't feel too bad now. But I mean...the key was there for almost 30 minutes before I even saw it so now I really don't feel bad.

Yeah, nothing to feel bad about. It was just funny that he quoted the message and didn't realize the code was in there. Let this be a lesson to him to read carefully! :p

Salsa

man watching Carmack's quakecon keynote with him saying something as plain as "everytime I see Gabe Newell I say to him..." has me all giddy

Koroviev

Looking for more people to play L4D2 co-op. If you're interested, add me! :)

Do co op vs bots..play zeus.

I'll give it a shot.

Or play regular online match and troll your teammates by kill-stealing them non-stop using Zeus's ultimate. That works too.

---

I don't remember how, but I have Toki Tori in my library somehow. I only got halfway into the third of five worlds before I got hopelessly stuck though :s

I think it was in some bundle because I have it, too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
man watching Carmack's quakecon keynote with him saying something as plain as "everytime I see Gabe Newell I say to him..." has me all giddy

"...if I'd known that by August 2012 I'd still be waiting for Half-Life 3, I would have never offered you the Quake engine."

Just preordered Darksiders II through GMG for $37.50. Great deal. Now that I've got Borderlands 2, Darksiders II, and Guild Wars II taken care of, I'm just waiting on Dishonored. Hoping GMG pulls through with a good deal on it.

Would any of you know what a DOTA 2 key generally trades for? I wouldn't mind trying it out.

wazoo

Just started playing the Crysis games bought during the steam sales.

Holy shit at the Ultra settings. Were then even playable back in the days or added by patchs later ? Is there any games now on next gen consoles that top Crysis ? For me it looks already next gen coming from the past :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually going to get Cold War Assault when it hits a sale price, as I recently found out it's Operation Flashpoint with the name changed, and I loved that game back then. And it may finally be my chance to finish the game.
Maybe I'll bite and get the whole Arma bundle, though it surely won't have a considerable discount due to the Arma 2 and DayZ stuff.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Just started playing the Crysis games bought during the steam sales.

Holy shit at the Ultra settings. Were then even playable back in the days or added by patchs later ? Is there any games now on next gen consoles that top Crysis ? For me it looks already next gen coming from the past :)
I don't see why Crysis 3 wouldn't. It already has a gun that shoots sparks.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just got through the first set of levels for Toki Tori. That game is so charming. No wonder people really like it.

You're not fooling me, Toki767.

I think the reason I hate it is the winter achievement. I need a year break before playing it after being put through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom